Do you like V as a protagonist?

• Yes

Votes: 180 80.0%
  • I don't care/They're a player vessel

Votes: 15 6.7%
  • No

Votes: 30 13.3%

• Total voters
I like V, but I understand how people felt limited by the dialogue choices or lack thereof. No matter what lifepath you chose, V is essentially the same character, and you don't get a lot of chances to express morality, your like/dislike for Johnny (or any character), or feelings that aren't railroaded. You don't even get the basic "good(nice) / evil(jerk)" dialogue choices that you would expect from an RPG, and the few times you can express yourself doesn't have any effect on the game - other than one conversation with Johnny, apparently.

So yeah, I liked V as written, but I know that V isn't "my" character. I get why others would be disappointed by that.

You can't really mold Cloud either, Commander Shepard, or Velvet Crowe... but Final Fantasy, Mass Effect and Tales of Berseria are still classified as RPG's.
You can most definitely mold John Sheppard. Play a 'blue' playthrough from game 1 to 3 and repeat with a 'red' and you've played 2 different games.

No, I dont like him because he only cares about surviving and he really doesnt know what he wants for himself, from life... He has no greater purpose than survival itself. He is a no-character. He has no depth. He is wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle...

No, I dont like him because he only cares about surviving and he really doesnt know what he wants for himself, from life... He has no greater purpose than survival itself. He is a no-character. He has no depth. He is wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle...
Maybe the impact is different when you play as female V, also to me the male V sound so much like a selfish douchebag with his deep macho voice, I'd never want to play as a male V :LOL: but the female V is much more touching, maybe the voice actors did not do they job equally ?

Maybe the impact is different when you play as female V, also to me the male V sound so much like a selfish douchebag with his deep macho voice, I'd never want to play as a male V :LOL: but the female V is much more touching, maybe the voice actors did not do they job equally ?
I doubt this... Its not a matter of gender, rather the writing for the character.

I've only played female V and she surpassed femshep as my absolute favourite voice acting as a game protagonist :shrug:

I love V, I love the way I played her.
The end broke my heart and I'm so attached to my V that I can't start a second playthrough with another V for the moment...

I'm only playing the same character over and over for the same reason :giveup:

Forced anti-corpo, perpetually dumb, rarely getting a clue a4bout what happens, always talking with slangs like a street kid even if corpo....no I don't like V. I prefer my headcanon V.

I rather enjoyed V, though I didn't like the Silver Hand elements. Like the used ash trays in the apartment and other elements that implied that V was losing ownership of his own body as you went. In my first play through I focused on the main missions in hopes of getting rid of the backseat driver and to enjoy the rest of the game with out Johnny.. no such luck. Would have enjoyed the game more if I could have ditched the rocker ghost instead of him stealing the whole show.

Top Bottom