[SPOILERS] End-Game And Suspicions About The First DLC

+
TLDR: First or At least one of the major expansions is going to be about us trying to save our own lives again after the main game ending, by going to Arizona and looking for someone who has a cure with the Aldecaldos'.

Except, there is no V anymore. V is dead. All that's left is a copy of V living inside V's body. Basically a highly advanced AI micicking V.

I'm not interested in any dlc expansion components that don't involve Takemura being alive so you can continue learning his backstory and doing his style of quests. These are nice things if you care about those other characters, which I don't.

So I replayed the ending a couple times and was thinking. What If the crystal palace heist isn't going to have anything to do with the next DLC and what if Mr. B.E (just the proxy) have nothing to do with the expansion or atleast in the way we think it will. I think its possible regardless the ending you choose (except the suicide ending and Johnny ending) that they skip a year ahead (or however much time they feel is necessary) and explain that you found a cure to reverse the effects of what the biochip did to you or that your body is taken out of the save your soul program (be it from Arsaka or someone else). The introductions to this will be unique based on the ending (to continue the immersion of player choice) and ontop of that they could say an event took place which overthrew Arasaka leadership or ended Arasaka as a whole (could be a war with Militech). This could account for different ending effects on what happens to Arasaka and also allows for things in the city to be changed drastically. Regardless what happens it brings you back to NC (I just cant see them adding any expansions outside of NC). This to me makes the most sense. It ties together the endings and allows for a smooth transition into a new story. As long as the introductions make sense and are well written (because they can play a very similar role to life paths) this I think would make all of us happy. It can lead to a new story and closes up the old one, it can allow for an updated map, easiest way to mitigate plot holes, allows for all endings (except the two mentioned) to tie together, and allows for us to keep our progress and inventory. Sorry if this has been said already but I really believe that if we are going to see Post story DLC, its the best to skip ahead and not tie it together with Mr. B.E and the heist. More so the heist. Though if Mr. B.E is to be included I think all intros start with the person behind the Mr. B.E proxy. They could either become the protagonist or antagonist of the main story. Once again I still believe militech is going to play a major role. This I could write about another day.

Definitely Crystal Palace is the first expansion, the second one will be in another big area in south or north california or maybe even in Nevada/Arizona

I'm not interested in any dlc expansion components that don't involve Takemura being alive so you can continue learning his backstory and doing his style of quests. These are nice things if you care about those other characters, which I don't.

Problem is Takemura is only alive if you took the devil ending. Because if you have saved him in Search and Destroy and taken any other ending, he does what any good Japanese samurai does who loses his honor...

we are experiencing problems from the inability to lure important characters to our side
everyone has their own path and this is inevitable

Problem is Takemura is only alive if you took the devil ending. Because if you have saved him in Search and Destroy and taken any other ending, he does what any good Japanese samurai does who loses his honor...
Yep. I guess if the other characters have to hate you or die for you to continue the story with Takemura then that's fine, his story was way better. Bladerunner vibes. Not really interested in continuing the story with Panam and River and all these other people I don't care about.

They could yknow make another ending that was actually good

Last edited:
Yep. I guess if the other characters have to hate you or die for you to continue the story with Takemura then that's fine, his story was way better. Bladerunner vibes. Not really interested in continuing the story with Panam and River and all these other people I don't care about.

They could yknow make another ending that was actually good

I really hate the devil ending... I mean it really sucks. Plus the gameplay for all endings except for Nomad ending is rushed. Nomad ending is just very hopeful, and the gameplay for it is really fleshed out (apart from a few bugs here and there, especially with the tank test segment). It also takes a bit of work to unlock, because if you choose the wrong dialogue during Panam's quest you lock her out and therefore lock this ending out. I firmly believe the devs intends you to take this ending.

I'm not liking the Johnny/Rogue ending though. It seems not all that fleshed out and in the end of that endings (either one) it just seems kinda hopeless. Sure V became a legend but it almost seems like he just left all of his friends to go on this space suicide mission. And if you put Johnny into V's body he just about gives up.

So yea I like the Nomad ending. It felt a bit like The Terminator (the 1980s one) ending.

Except, there is no V anymore. V is dead. All that's left is a copy of V living inside V's body. Basically a highly advanced AI micicking V.
But if that copy of V is identical in every way shape and form to the original V does it really matter? In my opinion it doesn't, this copy of V clearly expresses that they still want to find a cure and continue living.
Post automatically merged:

Not onscreen though :smart:
I have a strong feeling that if he's alive and we did the sun or the star ending, he's gonna come looking for us and we might even have to fight him or hopefully convince him to join our side once and for all. Idk I just don't really believe that he killed himself yet

I have a strong feeling that if he's alive and we did the sun or the star ending, he's gonna come looking for us and we might even have to fight him or hopefully convince him to join our side once and for all. Idk I just don't really believe that he killed himself yet

I do wonder about that. I haven't done all the endings myself but Yourinobu is still alive in some isn't he?. So why kill himself? Does he simply give up on vengeance if Hanako dies.? He still hasn't avanged his master after all.

Last edited:
I really hate the devil ending... I mean it really sucks. Plus the gameplay for all endings except for Nomad ending is rushed. Nomad ending is just very hopeful, and the gameplay for it is really fleshed out (apart from a few bugs here and there, especially with the tank test segment). It also takes a bit of work to unlock, because if you choose the wrong dialogue during Panam's quest you lock her out and therefore lock this ending out. I firmly believe the devs intends you to take this ending.

I'm not liking the Johnny/Rogue ending though. It seems not all that fleshed out and in the end of that endings (either one) it just seems kinda hopeless. Sure V became a legend but it almost seems like he just left all of his friends to go on this space suicide mission. And if you put Johnny into V's body he just about gives up.

So yea I like the Nomad ending. It felt a bit like The Terminator (the 1980s one) ending.
I'm a female, so it really didn't have the same affect as it would for a male where a meaningful bond would exist with Panam. Also, it bothers me that V would be willing to celebrate an ending in which Takemura allegedly does seppuku and Hanako is murdered for no reason. Then there is the fact that wars are existing everywhere that are going to continue. It just seemed really unnatural and weird that your V and friends are all celebrating as if you are a hero. Other than vengeance, there is literally nothing to be happy about... It is really really weird. And shallow, to be honest.

Last edited:
I’d really love to see Takemura in expansion. Probably he will want to hunt V down and slay him/her for Arasaka assault. May be he will come for V in AZ or Crystal Palace.

But I’d like to have opportunity to persuade Goro to leave Arasaka.
Unless we see him dead, there is still hope he is alive

Last edited:
I do wonder about that. I haven't done all the endings myself but Yourinobu is still alive in some isn't he?. So why kill himself? Does he simply give up on vengeance if Hanako dies.? He still hasn't avanged his master after all.
Yea Yorinobu is alive in every ending except the Devil ending. It's also not mentioned whether or not Oda is still alive even if Hanako dies, so I'm really not convinced that Takemura is really just about to let everything go.

I was wondering about that, too. I am thinking perhaps that this was not a video for V but is showing Takemura killing Yorinobu.

I’d really love to see Takemura in expansion. Probably he will want to hunt V down and slay him/her for Arasaka assault. May be will come for V in AZ or Crystal Palace.

But I’d like to have opportunity to persuade Goro to leave Arasaka.
Unless we see him dead, there is still hope he is alive

I would love to see more of him. He is probably my favourite character. Problem is he is so bound to Arasaka though.. Still, I wish for a better ending for him. Even if that might go against the cyperpunk theme. We can only hope

But if that copy of V is identical in every way shape and form to the original V does it really matter? In my opinion it doesn't, this copy of V clearly expresses that they still want to find a cure and continue living.

It's clear that as long as V's engram remains untinkered with in mikoshi and she/he gets a compatible body that their soul will remain on.

The proof is that Saburo's soul remained on through his engram. He seems exactly the same, unlike Jacki and Alt

I would love to see more of him. He is probably my favourite character. Problem is he is so bound to Arasaka though.. Still, I wish for a better ending for him. Even if that might go against the cyperpunk theme. We can only hope
I don't mind a longer relationship or redemption arc that would require expansions to to complete. But if they get rid of his character the story pretty much ends there. I just don't see how without his character there the story can retain any seriousness and depth.

That is the biggest plot-hole of this game!

The whole point about you dying in 6 months feels so shoe-horned and contrived that it becomes ridiculous. The plot has to go out of its way to pull out some contrived bullshit reason you have to die -- "no compatible phenotype" etc..

Hello? Didn't we have Johnny in our heads for the whole story and his chip was perfectly fine with changing you for Johnny?
V and Johnny are different beasts entirely so don't give me this shit about types not being compatible and that it wouldn't work.

Furthermore Relic's are becoming advertised as something that is possible and from what we see in the game it is, so why wouldn't it work for V makes zero sense.

It's just set up so you have to get a sad ending because "it's cyberpunk" but it really feels convoluted for the sake of having a sad ending.

I do not mind sad endings but this does not feel earned.
I think that the 6 months is the time it takes for phenotype tech to be accessible to you. If you go with the Devil ending you are likely going to be in mikoshi for that long. And we know that as long as V is not tinkered with in Mikoshi that they will live when Arasaka is ready to provide a compatible body for them.

So the Devil ending made the most sense to me, risky for you give them your engram as property but it was the most likely thing to keep V alive imo. Revenge can wait a day... Just going in and blowing everything up all at once without thinking of the consequences is foolish and useless. All your friends remain alive too if you do no relationships and choose the Devil ending. Except maybe Johnny, but we don't know, he is probably going to Mikoshi with you either in you or on the chip and will hate you forever.

Last edited:
I don't mind a longer relationship or redemption arc that would require expansions to to complete. But if they get rid of his character the story pretty much ends there. I just don't see how without his character there the story can retain any seriousness and depth.

He's the most conflicted character that V can cooperate with, that's what makes him interesting to me (same for Johnny).

The other major characters are all strictly "good" people. Panam is selfless and devoted to her family, Judy and River are idealistic and fight for justice. They don't have any evident vices and never need to compromise, they either succeed or leave. Kerry's a bit different but his quests are too short and not deep enough to give a good picture of his personality, outside of his struggle between music/success and feeling like a sellout.

takemura appears in the legend ending?
i'm really feel bad, honest man, first time didn't know that i could save him

He's the most conflicted character that V can cooperate with, that's what makes him interesting to me (same for Johnny).

The other major characters are all strictly "good" people. Panam is selfless and devoted to her family, Judy and River are idealistic and fight for justice. They don't have any evident vices and never need to compromise, they either succeed or leave. Kerry's a bit different but his quests are too short and not deep enough to give a good picture of his personality, outside of his struggle between music/success and feeling like a sellout.
When you think of it, it's pretty non-cyberpunk that most people we actually meet are basically good people.

Judy, Panam, Vic, misty, river, Jackie, his mother, delamain... That's actually quite a lot. Even takemura us a relatively good person.

Top Bottom