[SPOILERS] Kazimierz Dąbrowski’s Theory and Existential Depression in CP2077

+
Some background

I try to reach few goals with this topic. One is that my experience with Cyberpunk 2077 is that, it is very complex product, that is not in negative meaning but contrary. Frustrating aspect is that while there are many facets, many discoveries to be made, but some of us may be often frustrated by restrictions like that we don't have but our subjective experience to back our point of view, sometimes it might be buried in a ton of books. Sometimes we cannot be sure. What clicked? Was it really there, or was it just something I imagined?

I was trying to say, I didn't see writer commenting idealism in general. Context is important regarding how things progress. She is not a merc, she is braindance editor and artist in that regard. She has to have certain aspects, for her to be able to do that, to create something beautiful. What she did in Automatic Love is extremely brave from someone in her position.

She is far more than study of stages of grief. I expressed myself perhaps poorly, but that part of her story arch is about that, not movie or tv-series good but real life people good.

Frustration, it's sometimes positive. Who would we be, if we weren't?

Sometimes however we get lucky. I happened to come by article linked below couple of months ago and I kept that in my mind when replaying the game. There's something that comes very obvious and doesn't leave any doubts regarding article / Dabrowski’s theory and game, if not by other means, at least by reading emails in Judy's apartment, relevant ones are job offers.

Required reading (source): Dabrowski’s Theory and Existential Depression in Gifted Children and Adults

I decided against making my own summary. My background is tech and article in question is summary of Dabrowski's life work and author himself who is President of the Ohio Psychological Association and a member of its Board of Trustees for seven years and was one of the founders of the School of Professional Psychology at Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio, where he was a Professor and Associate Dean, among other things.

This is not intended to be character discussion, romance discussion or evaluate opinions of different people. This more of a my shout to people whom may have experienced similar frustration as I described in beginning of post and in general for people whom may wonder, what kind of things contributed to their experience, writers and such. And of course CDPR; Well played is total understatement, but those are the words I have at the moment.

Top Bottom