(Spoilers) My thoughts after finishing the main story.

+
there's a whole forum post dedicated to seeing if people wanted a "happy" ending in the game right now it's super hot topic that i hope will get cdpr's attention.
I know! I did vote myself and read through most of the replies. I just really wanted to get this off my chest too. I really hope so. After experiencing the Witcher expansions, I have faith that CDPR can fix the flaws of the story, together with the romances. Because really it's the ending that feels off.
Post automatically merged:

In CP77 it's not in place. This ending should be just passing between first and second episode. So before going in you should do sidequests and leave it in state you want. So if you wont do Panam storyline you wont be in relations in second episode or same with Johnny's friends etc.

I really hope it will be fixed as for now it destroyed all pleasure of playing game. Even if they'll in january will add multiplayer it wont be same as in GTA 5 where I ended story and was very satisfied with ending and overall - really good story and post-ending gameplay. And went into online. Honestly even wanted some story DLC to get some more fun of story but after all I was satisfied. And after all Online mixed single past story with actual missions wich had also very positive impact.

Here I feel that ending doesnt matter as after all you getting some items from it and coming back to state before. So who cares? There's no choice as there's not following story just end. And I wont ever accept that state of game. I want ending expansion followed by next episode based on your previous choices.
I know what you are saying. I couldn't find the reward items in my inventory, but I don't even really care as I have no plans to play with that V anymore. To me the story ended and he is dead.
I will probably put the game aside for a while until we learn some more about what they are planning to do.

I know! I did vote myself and read through most of the replies. I just really wanted to get this off my chest too. I really hope so. After experiencing the Witcher expansions, I have faith that CDPR can fix the flaws of the story, together with the romances. Because really it's the ending that feels off.
Post automatically merged:

I know what you are saying. I couldn't find the reward items in my inventory, but I don't even really care as I have no plans to play with that V anymore. To me the story ended and he is dead.
I will probably put the game aside for a while until we learn some more about what they are planning to do.

Rewards depends on ending.
I agree with you but dont forget that they already told us about dlc with content and I hope story in early 2021 so maybe it will lead us to real ending

I didn't say it was illogical, I just said it wasn't guaranteed.

The problem is that your perspective is selfish and doesn't really serve anything to improve story. We have 7 endings. Why one of them can't be happy one? You who like so much grim, dark and bad endings would still have 6 endings to chose from to fullfill your satisfaction from the game.

Then we would have 1 happy ending for folks like me.

Now tell me this: how would me having a happy ending in my game, with my V on my PC, in my room affect your gameplay and your ending, hm?

That is the issue here. If you make multiple endings- nobody will convience me you couldn't make them more versile to fit more people narrative needs. If you make 7 of them you can always have those that are "right" for the game setting and those who are just there for players to enjoy their playthrough, as almost any RPG ever had.

The problem is that your perspective is selfish and doesn't really serve anything to improve story. We have 7 endings. Why one of them can't be happy one? You who like so much grim, dark and bad endings would still have 6 endings to chose from to fullfill your satisfaction from the game.

Now tell me this: how would me having a happy ending in my game, with my V on my PC, in my room affect your gameplay and your ending, hm?

That is the issue here. If you make multiple endings- nobody will convience me you couldn't make them more versile to fit more people narrative needs. If you make 7 of them you can always have those that are "right" for the game setting and those who are just there for players to enjoy their playthrough, as almost any RPG ever had.
If only these people's "dark" endings were actually good. By that I mean, written well. They aren't. Also, the Johnny taking over your body is supposed to be a "good ending", or "bittersweet", for that matter, but I digress.

The only ones that I even consider good writing, fitting for the genre and have a dark tone, is the Arisaka ending, and.. hmm, actually probably just the Arisaka one.

Last edited:

I have previously stated that I consider the Panam ending to be the happy ending.

I felt exactly the same, hope it will help you, and CDPR will notice that too.

I have previously stated that I consider the Panam ending to be the happy ending.

But it's not. The ending tells you same what everyone tell you throught whole game "we will try to find help for you". This ending still tells you you die in 6 months. It's not happy ending.

Top Bottom