Stuttering when switching to 1920x1080

+
Stuttering when switching to 1920x1080

Specs:

I5 3570K 3.4Ghz
GTX 970 4GB
8GB DDR3

So, I just got a new monitor that manages to run games at 1080p.

Problem is that areas with npc (novigrad mainly) produce a lot of microstutter when playing at 1920x1080 resolution.

The problem vanishes almost completely if I switch to 1600x900 resolution, but the quality is simply not the same...

Tried a lot of tweakings but simply can't get good consistent FPS at 1080p...

-Vsync in Nvidia CP turned ON, in-game vsync turned OFF

-User settings file set to limit fps at 58.

HALP!!!

My rig is an i7-4790K with a GTX 980 ti and 16 GB of G.Skill RAM. I also get stuttering and hitching at 1920x1080 at 60 FPS. Try the following:

In-Game:
Vsync = On
Fullscreen

Nvidia Control Panel:
Anisotropic Filtering = 16x
Vsync = Controlled by the 3D application
Texture filtering = High Quality
Frames to render ahead = 1 (Do not confuse this with VR frames to render ahead.)

Limit the FPS to 48 in user.settings. (If that works, try 50, 52, and 54.) Usually, one of these clears up any hitching or popping I get. I use 48 now and have perfectly smooth gameplay everywhere. I've had no luck with Nvidia overrides on any of the systems I've used for TW3. Only the AF setting, which is really nice.

One thing that might work is using Nvidia Inspector to cap the frames. Just ensure the Frame Limit is set to true Unlimited in-game. (If using a custom setting, it will "display" as unlimited, but it's not.)

Let us know how that goes!

Hi! Thanks for the suggestions but I already tried everything you said.

I found out that if I disabled Reshade AmbientLight feature most of the stuttering would go away in Novigrad, but oxenfurt would still stutter a lot.

Then, after that I tried moving the game to my SSD and BAM!!!

95% of the stuttering went away... I could even enable the gorgeous Ambient Light effect in the Reshade menu.

I guess HDDs are becoming "obsolete" for gaming...

Gordyne;n10965785 said:
Hi! Thanks for the suggestions but I already tried everything you said.

I found out that if I disabled Reshade AmbientLight feature most of the stuttering would go away in Novigrad, but oxenfurt would still stutter a lot.

Then, after that I tried moving the game to my SSD and BAM!!!

95% of the stuttering went away... I could even enable the gorgeous Ambient Light effect in the Reshade menu.

I guess HDDs are becoming "obsolete" for gaming...

How is it that I so consistently forget to ask about mods?

The engine is really particular, so things like lighting mods might have all sorts of interesting effects if things are not configured just so. You may want to bring this up in Mod Discussions. Someone there may have an idea.

Last edited:
are u playing everything on ultra? if yes turn the shadows to medium foliage to high also hairworks off and check uh hardware something turn it off and check if the game is on full screen

Top Bottom