Suggestion : Aeromancy and the Graveyard

+
Suggestion : Aeromancy and the Graveyard

First, let's get this out there..This Scoia'Tael bouncing units deck is outrageously busted. I'm willing to bet that the top 20 players with the highest ratings are all playing some version of this deck. I know that's the case on the XBOX ladder at least, cause I'm right up there and it's the only deck I ever see anymore. Its ability to bend to any situation on the battlefield cannot be matched by any other faction. That being stated, we'll get to the point of this post.

For a moment, let's look beyond the fact that it's absurd that this deck can simultaneously pull every spell from its card pool, then also play those same spells from its graveyard multiple times to suit each situation. Even if this were not overpowered, Aeromancy should not work the way that it does currently after the cast.

Aeromancy reads, "Spawn a Biting Frost, Impenetrable Fog, or Torrential Rain card."

Fine. What it SHOULD NOT do is place itself into the graveyard, while also actually placing a SEPARATE card into the graveyard of the effect that was chosen. The card ITSELF should act as the spell. It's hard enough dealing with this deck, but now it's also basically impossible to remove the deck's ability to re-create that weather effect. Because if you remove the Aeromancy, they still have the weather card in there to re-cast. If you remove the weather card, there's still Aeromancy.

TL;DR Aeromancy should read, "Spawn a Biting Frost, Impenetrable Fog, or Torrential Rain effect." This should be one card, not two.

Gotta agree on this one. Either this, or spawn any weather+banish itself (Aeromancy) afterwards.

PS Before anyone complains that I hate this card: I do use this card myself in all decks, and I absolutely love it, but it needs some kind of nerf.

Considering the faction has zero ways to replay units from its graveyard and lacks any sort of brute strength (outside of a dedicated dwarf deck) that monsters have or monster's ability to manipulate their opponents graveyard, Id say being able to replay specials from the graveyard is perfectly fine.

As for Aeromancy/playing it multiple times, its costing them a gold slot to do so and as such it should be a powerful play, but its still a play that is negated entirely by a bronze card that pretty much no deck has any excuse not to run 3 of.

I don't feel it needs a nerf, except that the single weather card made by aeromancy is banished, and only aeromancy remains in the graveyard.

i just think right now the other factions need to be able to counter it more effectively.

monsters does a pretty good job of it at the moment. With Griffins.

Top Bottom