Suggestion: How to change Radovid

+
Suggestion: How to change Radovid

Currently Northern Realms Radovid control decks can get pretty nasty. Nerfing his hero power from 10-8 still lets him hard counter gold utility cards, and that's fine and probably necessary, but what makes it such a powerful deck is how viable it is in conjunction with stacking all of the other control cards in the game.

I'd propose you set Radovid's base removal low, say 4 damage to any card, adding an additional 3 damage for every unit Radovid has on the board. This would incentive Radovid players to favor stacking units over special cards, as well as bring about a more balanced game by trading special card slots in their decks and card advantage in hand for potentially monstrous results. With 3 cards on the board Radovid could drop Brokh or Geralt, with 7 he could kill a 26 strength Nature's Gift Promoted gold Hawker Support. And these plays would be counterable by removing Radovid's units, which would itself be countered by playing gold promotion.

All in all I think this change would make Radovid games much more interesting than simply blowing a massive gold killer on turn one. Isengrim, Cerys and Hjalmar players would have time to get at least some use out of their cards before Radovid does them in.

I feel like a leader ability is worth a lot more than any card in play including golds. When you look at a lot of the other leader abilities I don't think it is that much out of line. With 4 healthy cards out it does as much as Harald (who is off the chain broken right now). Then there is Eriden and Crach who get 10 STR for playing the card. I think it is in line with these other leaders, but it's interesting because it is one of the purely offensive leaders.

<thread hijack>
Harald bothers me because it is a push to win button that can easily cause 20+ point swings and destroys any faction that relies on many units or wants to take advantage of Skelli’s “weak first round.” On the other hand Radovid is like a scalpel that removes a single unit from you opponent. I’d like to see the other weak leader cards brought up to Radovid’s level, and Harald is the card I’d like to see nerfed so that it only affect non-gold or wounded cards. Currently he is just too powerful.
<return to topic>

A cool alternative for Radovid would be to remove the ability from your opponent’s card, but not affect the strength. This way it would be able to stop a single Borkh or Ciri per game, but not affect their strength that round.

Radovid doesnt need changing. Scoiatael is already dominating. That being said, you proposition is more like a (huge) buff than a nerf; with one card on the board rad would already remove pretty much anything thats worth removing with him right now, more units would be just a bonus.

Laveley;n7241680 said:
Radovid doesnt need changing. Scoiatael is already dominating. That being said, you proposition is more like a (huge) buff than a nerf; with one card on the board rad would already remove pretty much anything thats worth removing with him right now, more units would be just a bonus.

+1

the appeal of leaders like eredin and radovid is they are a reliable strength value, the trade off is there potential or ceiling is a lot lower than something like harald or henselt. their value scales with how many units they have to interact with so they can get real high, but if there's few or no units then they are wasted.

Laveley;n7241680 said:

I agree Scoia & Skellige are slaying right now too.

While powerful, Radovid is good where it is now.
As was pointed out, changing it like the op proposed would only buff him.

muetdhivers;n7243700 said:
Suggestion : Radovid is fine.

NR is not. they need more competitive way to play not just "radovid control"

I agree, It's become the only really competitive option for NR since they nerfed all of the other strategies. Getting almost as boring as playing a Skelli... almost.

I'd appreciate if you could stop those "as boring as playing a Skelli" and other stuff.

I do play Skellige. I love playing Skellige, I appreciate the gameplay, the cards.

You have the right to dislike the faction. You have the right to say it's OP, or whatever you would think.

But you have no right to be disrespectful to those who like playing it.

Top Bottom