[Suggestion] Letho Reborn

+
[Suggestion] Letho Reborn

Hello. This is mert41994.

As you can see, we can't see Letho on any kind of deck. Because it's ability is really weak and requires one more card to work and it's not really important swing either.

Here's my change idea.

7 Str/Loyal
Deploy: Lock and Destroy a Gold unit then banish it.

Why?
Letho killed really important person in lore. And this event effected all timeline.

As we think only Gwent, this card is really situational. Can make serious tempo swings(tibor etc) or forces your opponent the change his/her plans. In bad situations it just 7 str card or as a Ithlinne killer 9 pure str gold unit.

Let's make Letho playable!

I think your suggestion is very strong, perhaps too strong. Then again, Letho was no push-over.

I have a different suggestion:
Letho of Gulet
Agent/Double-Agent
Strength: 4
Deploy: If spying, damage a unit to the left of this unit by 6. If that unit was destroyed, move Letho to the opposite row. If played on your own side, boost self by 8.

Basically mimicking the assassination and then fleeing.

Locking, destroying and banishing seems a bit much for just one card :).
For a card that is banished from the game it doesn't matter if you lock or destroy it.

What are Letho's trademarks? Well planned in&out missions and kingslaying (and occasionally diving into sea). So a hit and run card would make so much sense.

-6 str spy Letho goes in
-Destroys (or banishes maybe?) a random loyal gold in opponents deck.
-Comes back
-Str self by 3
-If there was no gold card in enemy deck, damage adjacent units by 4 then banish himself.

Of course just putting him on board as a 9 point card to destroy a random gold would be the same but it won't have the assassin flavour :) plus his plan B to damage would be null.

He will be a high risk high reward card (like it should be as he is proficient in taking high risks to kill high value targets). He can take a valuable gold out and put a 9 str body on board or just be an 8 point play.

Another idea I have is to have a neutral School of Viper Letho-Auckes-Serrit card.

-5 points Letho will summon 2 points Auckes and Serrit (no spy)
-Letho damages a gold unit by 6, each Serrit and Auckes hits two random bronzes by 3 then banishes themselves. (all ignoring armor)

Total 17 points control play and -kinda- fits their style.

Last edited:
mert41994;n9894481 said:
7 Str/Loyal Deploy: Lock and Destroy a Gold unit then banish it.

OG.laloquaint;n9895091 said:
Letho of Gulet Agent/Double-Agent Strength: 4 Deploy: If spying, damage a unit to the left of this unit by 6. If that unit was destroyed, move Letho to the opposite row. If played on your own side, boost self by 8.

For your suggestions, I would like to give it a spin, if you don't mind? :)

Letho of Gulet | 5 Strength | Gold
Double Agent

Deploy: If spying, set the base power to 1. Weaken a unit by half of its power (rounding down). If that unit was destroyed, Boost from that unit's power and move to the opposite row. If played on your own side, boost self by 5 then boost 2 allies by 1.

Regards,
byExeplar

:yes:

Last edited:
byExeplar;n9896231 said:
Weaken a unit by half of its power (rounding down). If that unit was destroyed, move to the opposite row, and reset self.

So only 1 point units will be destroyed and it will mean a 6 point play or he will just be a body builder Regis. If played on your own side, it's a 12 point play but he is already 12 now.

Imho Letho should be an "all in" card.

byExeplar;n9896231 said:
Letho of Gulet | 5 Strength | Gold Double Agent
Deploy: If spying, set own base power to 1. Weaken a unit by half of its power (rounding down). If that unit was destroyed, move to the opposite row, and reset self. If played on your own side, strengthen self by 5 then boost an ally by 2.
Do you realize that if he set his base power to 1, then he will stay at power after reset?

Kerset;n9901401 said:
Do you realize that if he set his base power to 1, then he will stay at power after reset?

Well, I was thinking about the old ability and got me to write it in a way without checking through it twice.

But figure this, it is called a suggestion so it is okay if you don't like it, though you are in the right to adjust and make it better, so improve on my suggestion if it is not working or not making any sense?
Instead of criticising, either give your suggestion or improve on mine, simple as that! Thank you for reading.

Note: Not being rude just enlightening. :)

Regards,
byExeplar

:hmm:

OG.laloquaint;n9895091 said:
I think your suggestion is very strong, perhaps too strong. Then again, Letho was no push-over.

I have a different suggestion:
Letho of Gulet
Agent/Double-Agent
Strength: 4
Deploy: If spying, damage a unit to the left of this unit by 6. If that unit was destroyed, move Letho to the opposite row. If played on your own side, boost self by 8.

Basically mimicking the assassination and then fleeing.

Probably i forgot something. In my design, Letho only affects Gold units. If there's only silver and bronze units on the board, deploy ability doesn't trigger. If only you have a Gold unit, you have to kill your Gold unit.

Like i said, it's strong i agree with that but very situational. So many gold units are has Deploy ability. For example Geralt: Igni. Killing the Geralt with Letho only grants you 12 points, or Imlerith, good tier target generates you 16 points. 16 point isn't too much for a gold i think.
And there is not a great Gold unit answer on the game. This card great against pure point units, Kambi, Triss Butterfly and Yen Con etc. And you are using a gold slot for this.

Maybe Letho could have a trigger ability like Old Speartip. You could have Letho on the board and if the opponent plays a leader card, Letho destroys it before its deploy ability is used. This could put some pressure on the opponent and make him waste cards trying to deal with Letho before he can use his leader ability. It's probably OP but I'm just brainstorming at this point.

He might be more balanced as an ambush card if he had the ability I just described, but Nilfgaard doesn't have other ambush cards to keep the opponent guessing, so it's a moot point.

Last edited:
His ability is fine. They just way overnefed it with the 2 Units and Destroying and not Banishing. They should either return the Banishing or at least pump him up to "devour" the 3 units to the left.

... and also add Armor or a Quen (he's a Witcher, after all), when played on your side of the Board.

Hm maybe more like

(on your side)
Strength 10.
Dmg the highes unit on the opposite row by half of there base strength.

(if spying)
Strength 5
Strengthen the highest unit on the opposite row by half of there base strength.

mert41994;n9902321 said:
Probably i forgot something. In my design, Letho only affects Gold units. If there's only silver and bronze units on the board, deploy ability doesn't trigger. If only you have a Gold unit, you have to kill your Gold unit.

Like i said, it's strong i agree with that but very situational. So many gold units are has Deploy ability. For example Geralt: Igni. Killing the Geralt with Letho only grants you 12 points, or Imlerith, good tier target generates you 16 points. 16 point isn't too much for a gold i think.
And there is not a great Gold unit answer on the game. This card great against pure point units, Kambi, Triss Butterfly and Yen Con etc. And you are using a gold slot for this.

But then that makes him too situational lol /:

Did you the new Letho card on the stream? It has two deploy abilities, one of them destroys an enemy leader then it boosts Letho by 8. The other plays a bronze or silver tactics card from your deck. I think he was 4 strength.

OG.laloquaint;n9912191 said:
But then that makes him too situational lol /:
Did you the new Letho card on the stream? It has two deploy abilities, one of them destroys an enemy leader then it boosts Letho by 8. The other plays a bronze or silver tactics card from your deck. I think he was 4 strength.

I'm actually insider :p

Yeah he's 4 str and if he destroys the enemy leader becomes 11 str. You can check from here;https://www.playgwent.com/en/card-reveals

Play immediately for value or worse John Natalis. Can't be sure about how good or bad this card is.

Top Bottom