Suggestion - lower ammount of fast travel spots, please.

+
One of the big selling points of Cyberpunk 2077 are amazing locations, attention to details and overall atmosphere of the Night City. But many people wont even see 10% of it due to fast travel spots that are everywhere. " Oh I need to go there ? (CLICK ) " - done.

We need to get motivation to drive arround. Even if every district had only 3 fast travel spots it would still be enough. Maybe 25-30 total or something.
But 150 fast travel spots ?! Some fast travel spots are less than 500 meters away from each other. Why ? We're not THAT lazy. :rolleyes:

Can I ignore fast travel ? yes I can... but it's not the same.

Force me to use my car. Thanks. :)

PS. Map screenshot I made is from the official digital Piggyback map for Cyberpunk 2077.

Attachments

• Bez tytułu.jpg
    Bez tytułu.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 100
I can see your point, I would have said "don't use them then.." but you covered that :) I personally don't mind them,due to the fact I think the driving is terrible ( both the game and mine :) ) so having multiple FT points is handy for me, is FT free? I never paid attention to see if eddies got deducted?

We need to get motivation to drive arround.
The problem aren't the fast travel spots, but the overall emptiness of the world when it comes to interactivity or exploration. I've played for 20h, haven't used fast travel even once, because in open world games I always like to explore it. But Night City is just boring. It's pretty to look at, but not compelling to actually explore. Removing fast travel spots is the worst solution for this issue - instead, devs should rethink the city design to make it worthwhile to explore it in between quests.
Post automatically merged:

Besides, I think that that just shows how CDP is actually aware of the boringness of the Night City. They know, there is so little to do there when not doing any quests, that they provided a ton of fast travel spots. One of the very few times I actually felt immersed in this game was when character I was doing quest with (Judy, Goro) offered, to ride me to the next mission. It was great, because not only it meant more interaction with the character, but also I wasn't forced to ride through city, feeling that I'm not actually exploring, but going from point A to point B.

Last edited:
Ofcourse a game like this will always be to some degree smoke and mirrors. But I agree, night citiy as of now contains lots of negative possibility space.

More spots not less, as drving is SO terrible it's not worth doing (PC kb/m - binary controls on ice)

Less you have to walk 20k to get to the point .2m away

Much as the visuals are by far the best developed part of the game at present, why is everything somewhere else ;)

One of the big selling points of Cyberpunk 2077 are amazing locations, attention to details and overall atmosphere of the Night City. But many people wont even see 10% of it due to fast travel spots that are everywhere. " Oh I need to go there ? (CLICK ) " - done.

We need to get motivation to drive arround. Even if every district had only 3 fast travel spots it would still be enough. Maybe 25-30 total or something.
But 150 fast travel spots ?! Some fast travel spots are less than 500 meters away from each other. Why ? We're not THAT lazy. :rolleyes:

PS. Map screenshot I made is from the official digital Piggyback map for Cyberpunk 2077.
Imma be honest, i didnt notice fast points existed, only after i finished the game HAHA car all the way

Last edited:
Terrible driving? While not perfect, I have no trouble at all driving through the city.

I have not used the fast traveling spots at all so far. The scenery is way too beautiful to just skip by.

well, if they actually finished the monorail/sky train, there wouldnt be any fast travel. we can just sit on train and look the city while waiting to get to the place we wanna go.

well, if they actually finished the monorail/sky train, there wouldnt be any fast travel. we can just sit on train and look the city while waiting to get to the place we wanna go.

That would be the perfected solution, yes.

I'm in if itll take any weight off the map itself.

Either way driving/walking is really fun so I'd be happy regardless...

Dont let me in a board meeting xD

Terrible driving? While not perfect, I have no trouble at all driving through the city.

I have not used the fast traveling spots at all so far. The scenery is way too beautiful to just skip by.
I gave up on driving real fast when I realized it was like playing bumper cars.

I simply cannot control a car with four keyboard keys. Using the mouse to steer would make driving SO much better, but I've asked many times and no one seems to know how to do it. This is the one area where WoW beats Cyberpunk, believe it or not.

the fast travel system makes no sense when our car can drive itself..

you go from 1 travel point to another, just to call your car that was left on the other side of the map.. it can obviously drive itself

I agree with you, but I also think for a futuristic game having fast travel locations at all built in, is a retrospective fail. They should have made a device that the character carries that you have to upgrade. Meaning at the beginning of the game your handheld teleporter has a limited distance to transport. Throughout the game the distance is increased. It should also upgrade from only transporting a single person (removing clothing like The Terminator) to being able to to transport whole vehicles loaded with people. There can even be a cool down until you're able to transport again that decreases through upgrades.

Driving is horrible in this game, I feel like I am fighting the vehicles instead of driving them, that is not including the horrible A.I. that has vehicles stopped or blocking the road for no reason. They needed working cabs you could call to take you to locations, or better yet smart cars that drive you which could skip to your location, just like what can be done in GTA. Regardless, I do not want to drive myself everywhere, that is stupid. If you want to drive, then DRIVE, nobody is stopping you, but dont force us to do it.

Maybe if the missions were fun and had a purpose I would not mind doing, but so many missions are stupid fetchquests that I do not want to waste time manually driving to each one.

I have used a fast travel point one time, simply because I wanted to see how it worked or if there were a cool animation. Besides that I don't use them. For me its fine, have no issue not using them at all, but can understand some people might prefer using them.

I'm perfectly fine with the fast travel points. What I do wish they had done though was to make travel points into spots where you can take an air taxi that will fly you in real time across the city. That would've added an additional element of immersion into the game.

Top Bottom