[suggestion] starter decks

+
[suggestion] starter decks

I just looked at the starter decks, because of all the threads how hard it is to start right now. Can't really say much about the factions I don't play (except that the Northern deck looks like what the majority of "Foltest buff and clone" uses = functional deck.)

But Scoia has a major flaw:

Elven Mercenary in combination with positive AND negative special cards.

While I was playing against AI to see how bad the starter decks really are, I had built a lovely melee line. It looked like AI would be defeated for once. But I also still had that Elven Merc in my hand. When I played him, he laughed like an evil creepy killer clown, and cast a Frost on the battlefield.

Needless to say that I did not have a Clear Sky in hand (besides, all the lovely H.Healer buffs would have been gone.)

Another win for the AI.

He could also do the following harmful things:
- laugh like an evil creepy killer clown and scorch the carefully buffed H.Support
- more of those fancy weather effects on occupied rows
- thunder himself or a buddy, while opp has no targets out yet

Seriously, could you either kick the Elven Merc from that starter deck, or give the Special cards an overhaul? Lack of synergies or somewhat wonky looking card choices is fine, but self-destruction like that got to be a really major turn-away for a newbie. Unless you mean to teach the newbie something about "watch out for RNG"?

It is of course possible that you did that overhaul with the patch already and that the "starter deck" on gwentify ( http://gwentify.com/decks/scoiatael-starter-deck-closed-beta/ ) and what I still have saved as deck template are outdated. If that's so, please disregard this suggestion.

Top Bottom