Suggestion : Text & Audio Language settings

+
Suggestion : Text & Audio Language settings

I love playing the Witcher with Polish voice-overs and I'm kind of used to every character voice. But as I can't read Polish, I'm stuck to playing Gwent in English/French for now.

Could you please bring up the option to choose both text & voice-over language separately ?

Thank you for this and keep it up, you're always delivering amazing games and Gwent is no exception.

Suggestion: Change Audio and Text Language separately

Let us be able to change audio and text language separately.

Just like in The Witcher 3.

Thanks! ;)

Guest 3945410

Please support selecting one language for speech, and another for text

The Witcher 3 allowed us to select one language for speech, and another for text (interface, subtitles).

Please consider supporting this for GWENT as well. I always play the Witcher games in German as I think that sounds much better, but it's so impractical not to see English card names, descriptions, etc., since that's what all online material (this forum, Reddit, the Gwent DB, the Wikia, etc.) refers to.

As a language teacher, I am completely in support of this idea. Not necessarily for the reasons you bring up, but simply because this is an angle I never considered before. This should be an option -- and relatively easy to include!

Guest 3945410

SigilFey;n6978090 said:
As a language teacher, I am completely in support of this idea. Not necessarily for the reasons you bring up, but simply because this is an angle I never considered before. This should be an option -- and relatively easy to include!

Language learning was actually why I started doing it. German is my third language and I'm always working on improving it. Playing through The Witcher 3 a couple of times in German was extremely effective in training the ear to identify what 'sounds right', while also picking up some new words and expressions.

I taught a lot of students in the Middle East that learned English by watching movies with subtitles in their native language, then swapping that out by putting on a dubbed version and reading the English subs. I thought that was bloody brilliant! Players could definitely benefit the same way in games.

Text in one language, voices in another

I was trying to find this in other post but i couldn't find it, so i ask here:

Is there a way to have the game in one language, but the voices in another? Now that the game has spanish avaliable (really like it!) i was playing the game on my language, but i always played the witcher games with english voiceover. Now hearing geralt and the other cards speak in spanish feels a little weird to me so i was trying to chang ethe voices to the original english.

Can i do that? or there will be an option in the future?

Thanks.

Add more audio option!

Add more options for audio. For example when i want italian text but english speech.

It's not so horrible. But we played the wicther with italian interface and there wasn't an italian voiceover.

As far as I know, if you switch to a new language, you have limited options for the subs. For example, I can load the Polish version, then I can select English subtitles...but I have to select it in Polish: "Angielski". That will give me Polish Language with English Subs...but all of the menus will also be in Polish. I did manage to fix that without mods...but I don't remember how. In the end, I had English interface and text, English subtitles, and Polish language.

I also know that various language packs are not available in all regions, and not all language packs allow for reciprocal settings with all other language options. (It's not a "perfect web".)

Eirichur;n6978280 said:
Language learning was actually why I started doing it. German is my third language and I'm always working on improving it. Playing through The Witcher 3 a couple of times in German was extremely effective in training the ear to identify what 'sounds right', while also picking up some new words and expressions.
Serious topic, but I'm still picturing someone who learned German off of W3 speaking casually in medieval jargon involving various cuss words that might not be evident to the average language newbie lol... if I was learning English through W3 for instance, a lot of words would come up that certainly wouldn't in a language course.

Italian language

Thank you for adding the italian language in the game. I think it's very helpful for the italian community. However I have a request, if is possible to choise the audio language, because when you change the language it changes also the audio and I'm very attached to the originals voice heard in The Witcher's game! I also want to know if there are other italians that prefer the original audio.

Thank you for the game, we having fun!

Language settings

Changing the setting of the language changes the voice and sentences together.
I want you to be able to do separately language setting of voice and sentences.
I am Japanese and I am very grateful for Japanese translation.
But I'd like to respond because I want to play audio in English.

Top Bottom