Swarm Decks

+
lomvicmarko;n9151360 said:
Yeah it is nesty because factions/decks are limited in how much they can deal with swarming especially when there are tools like tris and yen to enable these massive swings. Right now you have to use d.shackle and lacerate to stand a chance. Playing against this deck with old treb would be wet dream.
My guess is that devs wanted swarming to be a thing that is why we got huge nerf to aoe.

As someone playing mostly a heavy modification of the NR 37+ card deck on ranked (just now got to 4k), I can tell you that even now ballistas work pretty well. There have been few siturations where I wished it would hit more targets and even then you still disrupt buffing pretty well. Also taking out tokens with Reinforced B. before they get buffed helps a lot. Even against other decks I see a lot the ballistas work pretty well (ST control has a lot of units with 6 strength, for instance). All in all I feel NR is doing rather good still (unless your draw is seriously messed up, which is at times a major downside of the deck).

Michelazz;n9151690 said:
swarm decks weakness is a short round 3. they need many units on board for triss, yennefer, commander's horn , thunderbolt potion etc. to give them value. if you make them reach round 3 with little carry over and small number of cards in hand , they lose 75% of times. If not , well i got bad news for you!

Hmm, not sure about that one. Their last two cards could be Yen and Woodland Spirit. That's not really easy to beat unless you have something like a 25str Barron, or something else of that proportion.

I like swim's streams, but the bugger is responsible for the existance of most annoying decks out there.

(Spell'Tael, Spellguard and NG 37 cards are just an example)

Sometimes I wish he'd retire somewhere in a home with a cozy fireplace, plenty of books and no internet connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the swarm build in 2 ranked matches, both against SK axemen with yen:con who could zap all my units every turn because of my triss:butt, axemen grew to 50+ strength, deck deleted

Another way the game is slowly turning into a shit Hearthstone copy. The game is turning into a mindless tempo and spam fest akin to Hearthstones Agro.

Last edited:
Trent2501;n9154220 said:
As someone playing mostly a heavy modification of the NR 37+ card deck on ranked (just now got to 4k), I can tell you that even now ballistas work pretty well. There have been few siturations where I wished it would hit more targets and even then you still disrupt buffing pretty well. Also taking out tokens with Reinforced B. before they get buffed helps a lot. Even against other decks I see a lot the ballistas work pretty well (ST control has a lot of units with 6 strength, for instance). All in all I feel NR is doing rather good still (unless your draw is seriously messed up, which is at times a major downside of the deck).

Can you PM that deck I would like to try it out since everything i tried with 25 card doesn't really work. As I mention you invest too much yet you can't win push round one.

lomvicmarko;n9157860 said:
Can you PM that deck I would like to try it out since everything i tried with 25 card doesn't really work. As I mention you invest too much yet you can't win push round one.

Try using NR Machines+Bloody Baron, the more they spawn the more powerful he becomes.

I saw 30+ Str BB finishers.

Checco515;n9158800 said:
Try using NR Machines+Bloody Baron, the more they spawn the more powerful he becomes.

I saw 30+ Str BB finishers.

Made a fun-deck for casual play: Radovid control. 3 matches: 2 swarm, 1 consume. All three won. Baron: 24, 27, 29. Consume middle row full with arachas: I had Sile and lacerate in my hand...

I would like my first post to be redacted
I played a few variations of the swarm deck this weekend
You all were right at rank 17 3kish mmr the deck gets countered left and right by a few other meta decks

and can be tough to win.

4RM3D;n9166130 said:
Well, no one is stopping you. :p

We can leave it for weary travelers who are curious of such endeavors

ever seen office space ? Of course you have

the "jump to conclusions" mat.. is what we have here

Top Bottom