T-Bug Really... ? (Spoilers)

+
But I do hope they manage to tweek that section of the game. Pre-heist mostly. Tyler McVicker reported in his last video CDPR may be open to extend some choices in the future which i hope it ends up happening.

But on the pre-heist section for example, I wish there was a way to agree to Evelyn's proposition to pull one on Dex and that there were some differences between doing that or not. Of course the Heist needs to go that way but maybe something like:
. If you team up with Eve, after Jackie's death when V goes to the No-tell motel the mission objective is something more agressive (go to room 203 and end Dex), so you go in guns ready but the security guy still gets the best of us. Dex dialogue also changes to something like "this is all our fault for trying to betray him instead of being part of a trusting team".
This is just an example but more flavour to our choices would be great, done in this CDPR subtle way.

Edit: to make it a bit more clear I believe more choices should be made to establish different personalities in V, more so than dramatically branching the story

Last edited:
Or I think about it, something who doesn't really change the story but who could be interesting :)

On the roof near the AV (which is not indicated as the path to follow in the quest), there is a trap door that you can take to reach the floor below (the same as when you jump into the void). But if you choose this path, T-Bug doesn't have to open the door (V tells her to get out of the network), so she's not "fried", she survives. Jackie is also injured and the Relic's case damaged, but in a different way (easy to find a way...)
The quest continues normally.
Arrived at No-Tell Motel, there is Dex and T-Bug. And now, CDPR should choose two "solutions":
> Either T-Bug is with Dex and simply watch Dex shoot on V (T-Bug is murdered (cleaned) by Arasaka like Dex (but off-screen) and you could find her dead body somewhere in Night City).
> Either T-Bug isn't with Dex and Dex execute T-Bug at first in front of V (and V wake up near T-Bug dead body in the landfield).

Edit : Honestly, I don't really believe in Evy "side". She a "noob", she have no real plan... It so obvious with Brigitte and in the message with Netwatch (I'm confident that even if the heist was a success, she would be betray by Netwatch anyway). Under its "great airs" she is like a goldfish in a pool of sharks :(

Last edited:
Edit : Honestly, I don't really believe in Evy "side". She a "noob", she have no real plan... It so obvious with Brigitte and in the message with Netwatch (I'm confident that even if the heist was a success, she would be betray by Netwatch anyway). Under its "great airs" she is like a goldfish in a pool of sharks :(
Doesn't matter Eve's ability, she does offer that proposition so if V accepts it it says something about V, not Eve. So the player that refuses her offer is more naive and by the merch books (you don't betray your fixer) whereas one that accepts her offer is more street-wise, ready to turn on someone that hired them or maybe he just saw through his bullshit.
Post automatically merged:

Or I think about it, something who doesn't really change the story but who could be interesting :)

On the roof near the AV (which is not indicated as the path to follow in the quest), there is a trap door that you can take to reach the floor below (the same as when you jump into the void). But if you choose this path, T-Bug doesn't have to open the door (V tells her to get out of the network), so she's not "fried", she survives. Jackie is also injured and the Relic's case damaged, but in a different way (easy to find a way...)
The quest continues normally.
Arrived at No-Tell Motel, there is Dex and T-Bug. And now, CDPR should choose two "solutions":
> Either T-Bug is with Dex and simply watch Dex shoot on V (T-Bug is murdered (cleaned) by Arasaka like Dex (but off-screen) and you could find her dead body somewhere in Night City).
> Either T-Bug isn't with Dex and Dex execute T-Bug at first in front of V (and V wake up near T-Bug dead body in the landfield).
The options sound good but I'm confused, haven't played for awhile. How do you get to the AVs without her opening the door? I think even the top door is closed, no?

The options sound good but I'm confused, haven't played for awhile. How do you get to the AVs without her opening the door? I think even the top door is closed, no?
Yeah I don't remember (maybe/probably you're right, next time I'll try).
But if you add a "new paths" and "possibilities", simply unlocking the door before, is not a big deal :)
Doesn't matter Eve's ability, she does offer that proposition so if V accepts it it says something about V, not Eve. So the player that refuses her offer is more naive and by the merch books (you don't betray your fixer) whereas one that accepts her offer is more street-wise, ready to turn on someone that hired them or maybe he just saw through his bullshit.
I'm not gonna lie, in both case, that seem to be the worst plan ever. So in both, V still "naive" :)

Wouldn't go as far as say a nobody character. A tutorial/intro character sure, and also had hostory with Dex before he took his "vaccation" xD

No. None of them matter. V in particular. Nothing changes in the city as a result of the full story.

The story is about giving you the illusion that you can make a change. You never had any chance.

But if you add a "new paths" and "possibilities", simply unlocking the door before, is not a big deal :)
Yes you're right it's not what's important. The choices in the end are cool indeed.

"I'm not gonna lie, in both case, that seem to be the worst plan ever. So in both, V still "naive" :)"

I don't know if I explained well what I meant here. This happens in the game, Eve asks V to consider not including Dex in the loot when they get the relic. V can say he'll think about about it or refuses but there's no catching up on that. It would make sense that something is settled before the Heist goes down. This was disapointing part for me. On first playthrough that seems like quite an important choice to make but there's nothing. So I was suggesting an example to akgnowledge that happened.

I don't know if I explained well what I meant here. This happens in the game, Eve asks V to consider not including Dex in the loot when they get the relic. V can say he'll think about about it or refuses but there's no catching up on that. It would make sense that something is settled before the Heist goes down. This was disapointing part for me. On first playthrough that seems like quite an important choice to make but there's nothing. So I was suggesting an example to akgnowledge that happened.
At the beginning, also the same.
But more you play, more you find clues (like about Wakako), less the idea to betraying fixers seem to be smart (even very bad...). So Evy who said to Judy she doesn't risk her life and that she will be careful... sound like a noobish thing, in the same way that V/Jackie think that they will be rich and famous by doing the heist :)

At the same time, it can "play" on the fact that you possibly think that the heist could end well :)
I betray Dex or not after stealing the chip like a pro...? What will make me richer...?

It is hard to believe (not impossible) that CDPR did not make an apartment somewhere in the city for us to find her fried body.

I mean that is the kind of thing they did a lot of in this game.

If we had the Cyberpunk redkit it would be easy to search for this in the files.

It is hard to believe (not impossible) that CDPR did not make an apartment somewhere in the city for us to find her fried body.

I mean that is the kind of thing they did a lot of in this game.

If we had the Cyberpunk redkit it would be easy to search for this in the files.
It's possible, there is something in Little China, an apartment where there is "something with a quest marker" which is not accessible (the door is locked).
If I remember, it's in "Gig: Troublesome Neighbors" area :)

Maybe if mods allow to pass through walls/doors, the answer is maybe there to wait to be discovered :)

It's possible, but I doubt it. Certainly CDPR left the door open to bring her back, if they decide it would be good for their next story.

There are a couple of good arguments in the thread about how it could be plausible, and how it might have been part of CDPR's plans at one point.

But I think by the time the game was finalized, T-Bug was fried good and toasty. Nothing in any sinister plans T-Bug and Dex may have schemed, would have contemplated Saburo Arasaka getting killed in the process. She was plugged into the Net, so Arasaka (the organization) pinged her quickly. They would have gone into full assault mode to track and eliminate anyone who was involved.

TBH the whole heist felt more like setup. I find it hard to believe most of the things were as they seemed to V.

Like, you hire two no-name street gonks to take biggest player in the city. If that's not enough, the fixer was hiding because he messed up in the same district where gang that wants the relic is located. And it's not planned by the gang, fixer or some powerful player, but Yorinobus prostitute. And before we even begin the taxi is already set to failsafe hideout. It could've been something more like Yorinobu and Evelin having a plan to take on Saburo and Vodoos bringing in Dex on a leash to make it go their way.

I mean it certainly was not planned the way it went down, but IMHO a simple, successful heist was not int plans either. Neither any consequences of the Heist are simple as that.

Like, you hire two no-name street gonks to take biggest player in the city.
Maybe/probably/certainely Dex plan was to betray V and Jackie from the start. Like V said at the very beginning :
"I know Fixers, they hire the lowest cost mercs for the job and throw their corpse in a landfield..." (premonitory?)
If that's not enough, the fixer was hiding because he messed up in the same district where gang that wants the relic is located.
You mean little China ? Or simply the No-Tell Motel ?
Few hours after the heist, no too risky but like Dex planned, not a good idea to stay there for too long... :)
And it's not planned by the gang, fixer or some powerful player, but Yorinobus prostitute.
You mean, Evy have planned something ?
Not really.
- The first info come from VDBs who ask to Evy to simply make a BD.
- Evy ask to a fixer (Dex) to plan the Heist.
- Dex ask to T-Bug how it could be possible.
- T-Bug planned the heist with Dex and proposed V and Jackie as Mercs.
In my opinion, Evy is certainly the first to want to hide/leave. The VDBs being the only ones to be aware about the chip (and there was Johnny on it) and to have "said" it to Evy... The "link" is quickly made :)
For me, the only plan made exclusively by Evy, is to betray the VDBs and sell the chip to Netwatch (She just put the job on the table like Dex says).

You mean little China ? Or simply the No-Tell Motel ?

Nah, he made some mess in Pacifica. So maybe letting the job go sideways was a way to pay back Voodoos or something. If T-Bug herself wasn't a Voodoo. OTOH she seemed too sophisticated, with no accent, tattoos or other pointers.

Nah, he made some mess in Pacifica. So maybe letting the job go sideways was a way to pay back Voodoos or something. If T-Bug herself wasn't a Voodoo. OTOH she seemed too sophisticated, with no accent, tattoos or other pointers.
Nope she's not :)
But Dex had to leave Night City for two years to be forgotten... And I don't think he'll go wandering in Pacifica anymore (he stay in Little China and mostly in AfterLife that no one even think to attack). Attacking the AfterLife, it's a good way to get all the Mercs on your back (or worse, Rogue) :)

TBH the whole heist felt more like setup. I find it hard to believe most of the things were as they seemed to V.

Like, you hire two no-name street gonks to take biggest player in the city. If that's not enough, the fixer was hiding because he messed up in the same district where gang that wants the relic is located. And it's not planned by the gang, fixer or some powerful player, but Yorinobus prostitute. And before we even begin the taxi is already set to failsafe hideout. It could've been something more like Yorinobu and Evelin having a plan to take on Saburo and Vodoos bringing in Dex on a leash to make it go their way.

I mean it certainly was not planned the way it went down, but IMHO a simple, successful heist was not int plans either. Neither any consequences of the Heist are simple as that.
It did. The entire situation felt like a foreshadowing of some sort of betrayal by Dex and/or T-Bug. But then whatever scheme they might have had backfired on everybody when Sabura got killed.

Given what @GogRelvas mentioned a few posts back, I wonder if the original plan was to integrate that into the narrative somehow, but in the end CDPR decided that it didn't fit well, so left it out? Maybe we'll find out someday.

Guest 3847602

The entire situation felt like a foreshadowing of some sort of betrayal by Dex and/or T-Bug. But then whatever scheme they might have had backfired on everybody when Sabura got killed.
I thought it was obvious, Dex quite literally takes you for a ride. Foreshadowing wasn't very subtle. T-Bug probably knew what was coming as she instantly turned down every Jackie's attempt to get closer to her. Why would anyone want to make friends with dead meat?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was obvious, Dex quite literally takes you for a ride. Foreshadowing wasn't very subtle. T-Bug probably knew what was coming as she instantly turned down every Jackie's attempt to get closer to her. Why would anyone want to make friends with dead meat?
I agree. Although it took me three playthroughs to see the connection.

Next time I'm going to take Evelyn's offer and see what happens. Probably nothing, but at least I'll feel better about it.

Honestly, I thought she would reappear like traitor or something like that, I was 90% sure she would be the netrunner in that voodoo boys mall mission instead of netwatch agent.

How is this even a question? This is almost as bad as people who insist we needed to see V tell Takemura about Yorinobu killing his father. Do you really need your hand held that much? They make it pretty clear that suddenly either the netrunner came to (though now someone will insist on knowing what happened to the spiderbot), or that other netrunners were active due to Saburo's murder, found T-bug in the system, and fried her brain, as we listen to her scream in agony. And the woman at the cyber shop, who is nowhere said to be a "friend" but someone she knows and is holding tech for you, likely paid for by T-bug, thus having no reason to cover for her, unless paid to, can mention her body being found at home. I'd say T-bug being dead is pretty cut and dry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom