Taunts and the problems they bring

+
HenryGrosmont;n8093100 said:
I did watch the first few seasons, then it went really bad. My point is that Gwent reference was better
No arguments there. I just figured since we were already on the subject I might as well go full-cringe with the references.
:huh:

Thanks for your feedback regarding the "Emotes" system. You will be able to mute your opponent by clicking their avatar in the game, should you prefer to have a match without taunts. As far as having an option to disable this feature permanently, I cannot confirm anything at this point.

Marcin_Momot;n8093220 said:
Thanks for your feedback regarding the "Emotes" system. You will be able to mute your opponent by clicking their avatar in the game, should you prefer to have a match without taunts. As far as having an option to disable this feature permanently, I cannot confirm anything at this point.
Awesome. When I play Gwent pretty much the only hankering I've had to use an emote thus far has been "Oops" for when I try to Ballista a Hawker Smuggler at 3 strength and forget that it goes up to 4 when I play the Ballista - so generally the rest of the time I'll be happy to avoid the BM ;)

I just hope it doesn't inadvertently incentivize BM'ing because so far people have been pretty good about it - passing when they've won and not playing out their hand... you can always forfeit to cut them off but it leaves a bad taste in your mouth if they do wind up going the extra mile to 'assert dominance'.

zantclick;n8093150 said:
No arguments there. I just figured since we were already on the subject I might as well go full-cringe with the references.
:huh:
:scold:

Hehehe...

Don't worry. People need to grow a thicker skin...

I plan on muting the system each game so I hope an option to do this automatically is added to settings. There are too many ways that people could interpret the vague things the emotes system is able to say, and the potential for abuse is too high.

I don't see it being a benefit for me, so I am going to chose not to use it.

Adding it as an option for people that want it is great, but I don't want to be tasked with disabling it every game because I do not wish to use the system. I do not see any harm with adding a permanent opt-out in settings.

zantclick;n8095630 said:
Awesome. When I play Gwent pretty much the only hankering I've had to use an emote thus far has been "Oops" for when I try to Ballista a Hawker Smuggler at 3 strength and forget that it goes up to 4 when I play the Ballista - so generally the rest of the time I'll be happy to avoid the BM ;)

I may have to teach my game to sing "Oops I did it again..." :p (While my opponent spams "Thanks" button)

I'm definitely going to use this system always in friend matches :) But not sure about casuals. It would definitely be awesome if we could get an option to turn it off from settings. I'm still going to try it on casuals too, since I liked the way it worked on stream. We'll see when we get to try this out. Might also use it all the time and only mute few random opponents? Only time will tell.

I am not worried, because it's pretty safe to say a simple option will be implemented to toggle auto-mute.

First I really want to thank you for reading and replying to us. Your, that is CDPR, dedication to your fan base is as amazing as always.

I understand you cant confirm if there is going to be mute option in the menu at this time, but please consider it. Playing hundreds of matches having to mute every opponent in the beginning of each is extremely tedious. Coming from many years of playing HS being able to taunt your opponent is going to be misused by a large portion of the player base. The sad truth is that ppl like being asses towards other, trying to piss them of, rubbing it in, making your opponent salty or at least trying to. And even if you can just shrug it of it takes away from the player experience, not for everyone but for many of us.

Its about being able to go into a game without the fear "is this person going to try and be an asshole towards me?" Its certainly not about "having to grow a ticker skin" its about not having to deal with BM and trolling from strangers, there's enough of that on the net and in other games on a daily basis. Please give us the alternative to chose not having to deal with it in gwent.

Last edited:
I sincerely, sincerely hope that auto-mute is included as an option and not something that has to be done separately for each match. It is one of those little things that you think is minor and won't bother you, but in the long run is that one nagging, annoying little thing that ruins the entire experience and makes you quit.

especlipse CDPR already replied in this thread with the answer:

Anyhow, I do agree there should be an option to permanently disable emotes for those that don't want to be bothered during a match.

I suppose its fine if they have a toggle to turn it off. and while they're at it they should add a toggle to disable the GG system because I want to part of that nonsense.

Top Bottom