Tech weapons don't level anything...

+
Just cleared out a group of enemies and all I got was regular level experience and street cred. My tech ability is 7, engineering is 3, so... it should be leveling engineering but it's not, stuck at 430/1435. The only thing that levels engineering is grenades currently. Fix it.

Engineering should level when you shoot with powered tech weapons through walls. At least it is what all articles say. And I can confirm it did level like this in whole act I. Somewhere in act II it stopped... So I have the same issue as Tizerak. Nekomata was leveling rifles and egineering, but now I get only rifles exp.

Engineering is still being leveled correctly when you disarm mines, disable cameras, take over turrets, open tech doors. But it makes leveling too slow as like with athletics where you have to sprint through whole Night City to get a bit of exp.

Engineering does not seem to be leveling when you use certain types of grenades. I never see any skill raises from incendiary, chemical, flashbangs, or the normal recon grenades.

Frags, EMPs, and recon grenades that explode seem to work fine.

Hopefully this gets fixed.

Yeah, it seems really inconsistent. With Comrade's Hammer, it barely makes a dent to my engineering level. Whereas Chaos or Apparition levels it up by like 10x the amount in comparison though. No idea why.

Maybe/possibly number of hits. Comrade's Hammer does a lot more damage per hit as Chaos or Apparition.
Less damage per hit, more hits for kill a enemys, more xp.
(For me, on Power weapons, it seems to be the opposite. More xp with overture, Less with Lexington)

I'm testing it right now with the Widow Maker and getting instant headshot kills with it - sometimes I get LOADS of engineering points, sometimes I don't get much at all. It's really inconsistent.

Well, Widow Maker fire 2 bullets per shot (in real, it's 4 bullets if you fire on a wall), it's not an ideal weapon for do tests :)
It also could depend of the enemies type (maelstromer netrunner vs "normal"). For be sur, it would be necessary to kill two similar enemies.

Top Bottom