The 2 things that this game needs most

+
I would also like to see being able to continue the game after point of no return and how the world around you has been affected based on your choices. It reminded me a bit like Fallout 3 when you had to go into the radioactive chamber and die and the game ends. But after gamer outcry they released broken steel dlc that allowed the game to be continued. From the various epilogues from your friends in the final credits almost seems pointless but maybe this could be a hint to a dlc like that fingers crossed.

I'm with whoever's against procedural missions. I think procedural anything never compares to an actual designed experience. This is the whole reason I don't bother with roguelikes. CP needs more awesome side gigs with interesting stories to flesh out this amazing lore rich universe.

With the wandering around to pick up quests thing, I think a lot of the problem with how the game has been received by some people is that the quests are delivered immediately: by phone or via map markers. On top of that, the numerous fast travel points encourage players not to explore, so you miss much of the world detailing.

HOWEVER, the question remains for people who want a "bump into someone and they give the player a quest" type experience:

How do you make sure the player ends up in the place where the quest is and bumps into that magic person?

This is a real problem in a game with a dense, very large, three-dimensional urban environment with no true "centres". You don't have villages or settlements like in other games towards which the player will naturally gravitate: it is one huge environment with details around every corner.

This is almost certainly why quests are delivered the way they are and you can almost feel how difficult it was for them to work out how to do quest delivery in the game. If someone spends all their time hanging out in Arroyo, say, and there are quests waiting for them down an alley they would never go in Watson, there has to be a mechanism to tell the player that.

How do you make sure the player ends up in the place where the quest is and bumps into that magic person?
Sure, I agree that this kind of content is a bit problematic with such a complex open world environment, it would need to be carefully thought out before implementing. Maybe it would be some events triggering in various districts, based on the player's level, and we would be actually approached by someone if we are say level 24 and in Watson? Or an event triggering it the streets of Japantown at night at level 46, which we can decide to take part in, and if we do, it turns into a short quest or even starts a small quest chain? In other words, some conditions would have to be met and we would see those events sooner or later, if we happen to visit a certain area next time. Something like that, I guess :)

In case of those "bump into someone" quests in a certain alley, I think it's actually a similar problem to the current content in the game, where like some of you guys said there are interesting things to see or read in the game world, but some players will never see them because they prefer to rush from one main quest to another through fast travel etc. If you decide to explore the world - well, some sweet surprises await you; if you want to make a "speedrun" - it's on you. "Your loss, friend."

Some content in a game like this will be probably always overlooked by some players (pretty sure that I myself overlooked a lot), but it's a wonderful added value nonetheless and there will always be a large group of people who would greatly appreciate such approach. It can't be a major focus of the quest design in such a big and complex environment, true - but as an addition, it would be a real treasure. That's at least my opinion :)

Wep could be difficult to find them and also generate complains... I can't have 100% in Cyberpunk... where the hell are the quests...?
Nothing to do with, for example, Skyrim where you go around the village talking to everyone and you are sure to have everything. In Night City, it's clearly impossible.

Edit : Even if I loved it, it would be one more reason to stroll through Night City :)

Not sure I agree.
GTA always handled this by giving you different factions to do missions for.
Why do you meet up with Dexter constantly in person, yet the other fixers just buzz you on the phone. Doesn't make sense.
They ran out of time and instead of fleshing out all the GIGS and adding real meaningful narrative they slapped it all in data shards for you to read like some kind of AA budget game.
The GIGS are nice some of the time, and those were most likely the ones pretty much finished.
This game just needed so much more time. It's really a shame this is what we got.

This is a real problem in a game with a dense, very large, three-dimensional urban environment with no true "centres". You don't have villages or settlements like in other games towards which the player will naturally gravitate: it is one huge environment with details around every corner.

Social Hubs exist in multimillion inhabitant cities in meatspace. Cultural venues from opera houses and theaters to fringe group underground venues, bars, cafes, restaurants, ...

Think the bar of Jackie's mother, where you had some encounter and quests starter.

In Cyberspace you have/had BBS, mailing lists, groups in messengers, SM-applications, fora and so on...

These would feel more plausible than just receiving a call, when being near to some location in what is felt more than 95% of the time.

Mercs will attend some bars and clubs selectively (After Life, e.g.) or have meet-ups with their clients (Peralez, DeShawn e.g.).

The Cyberspace aspect was even more neglected.

Shards and phone calls are ok, but during quests or mission sometimes add meatspace/Cyberspace meetings to increase "involvement.

What I think should have been done is have you contact the fixer of a district and request a gig then the game randomly assigns one of the ones that the fixers just call you on when you get close to them at that point the gig appears on your map. For example in Watson you contact Regina for a Gig and the game assigns you a gig in Watson that you have not already done. Rogue's missions would be city wide.

1: Gangs DLC: SImple faction grind to curry favour with a gang (despite it going against the cyberpunk RPG ethic and being lazy quest design). Have it open up a vendor selling gang related gear. Make the faction grind procedurally generated with enemies that level to match your own so they would always be a challenge. Decrease reputation if you kill the gang members during police actions and gigs. Make the players care if they choose to do a particular gig or police action. Enough rep with a gang could open up one or two gang related quest chains

2: Modding tools allowing scripting and the creation of new objects that can extend rather than replace existing assets.

What I think should have been done is have you contact the fixer of a district and request a gig then the game randomly assigns one of the ones that the fixers just call you on when you get close to them at that point the gig appears on your map. For example in Watson you contact Regina for a Gig and the game assigns you a gig in Watson that you have not already done. Rogue's missions would be city wide.
Great idea. And maybe if we went to meet them we would have access to the map and select one.

I would like to see more hand crafted missions that lead to interesting stories. Even chain missions, pick up a shard it gives you clues/infos as to where to go next or what to look for. Would be nice to overhear npc's talking about something they saw then you go and track down the point of interest. No more missions like the flaming crotch man, my god what a lame gig.

Ofcourse, hand crafted missions are always better, but we have to be realistic here. Only 40% of the devs are still working on Cyberpunk, and if they would add 10 handcrafted missions we would be finishing them within a day.

I personally thought some of the simple GIGS were a lot of fun, like going to a bar, or breaking into a penthouse from the balcony etc. I think a simple generated backstory would already be enough to get you immersed if the gig is fun. Anything is better than fighting these gang spots.

I believe that in this game there should be more than anything else: 1)
a positive ending, where the main character does not die after some time after the end of the game from a disease associated with a biochip and engram, but continues to live like the main characters of Fallout 3 or Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, and then it turns out somehow unfair, I pump the character, I invest my time and effort and he / she dies or lives at best as a disabled person and eventually dies anyway, it's like raising a child knowing that in 10 years he will be crushed by a bus, and in general, it is somehow not reasonable for such an energetic game to have such tragic endings and not give the player a choice and prerequisites for this choice to do as best and really survive and splash champagne on a pedestal and not die like a plague tramp and then if I messed up a lot, I just after passing Cyberpunk caught a depressive mood and even to some extent regretted that I passed the game completely and did not leave it halfway, this is more like a dark detective The Sinking City and not Cyberpunk 2077.
2) This game needs more weapons like all sorts of pulse assault rifles with grenade launchers like the patrol's service weapon from Half-Life 2, grenade launchers/rocket launchers, laser cannons, blasters, etc. I do not understand why the developers have made a bunch of all sorts of varieties of pistols and as many as two identical submachine guns that look like HK UMP 45 and two identical assault rifles but did not create more than one assault rifle with an under-barrel grenade launcher or some kind of gun like BFG 9000 Militech edition, because you will not be fed up with Skippy) well, as a bonus, I would like to have mini-games like taxi driver or firefighter in GTA in Cyberpunk, because after completing the secondary quests, the only thing left to do is finish the game by completing the main last quest or go staggering through the streets of Night City and kicking an empty can of Ni-Cola while enjoying the neon signs and jostling with passers-by on the sidewalk.

(Added spoiler tags.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can already think of two things I'd rather have without any real thinking. A more interactive city (things like restaurants, bars etc that you're not just buying something that appears in inventory) and better clothing options, like not having to use the ugly pants just because they have higher armor. I'd rather have ways to make the game more fun to play so I want to play again rather than things to make it longer.

Frankly I do not think that htis game need procedural missions, quite the opposite. Or even arcade mini-games (though they would be cool)

If we ignore obvious (that it needs quite some bug fixing) or the unreachable (as vastly better AI for pedestrian and traffic without any performance hit) or unresonable (changing the gameplay to the game type I prefer) then...

1 ...then I think that some "quality of life" improvements would be nice... like the zoom out minimap when drive, the often asked ability to walk on PC (and not burning rubber everytime I accelerate in car), but also to go to map and back to game only use M, cars to buy not having the same icons as quests, ability to make the junk dissolving perk not dissolving valuable junk... etc.

2 ...and sedondly, more of what CP2077 is good at, more story with dialogues as the mission with Royce... i.e. story DLC.

1) Things to do outside of quests, ie mini games, micro quests, drinking games at Afterlife (and other bars), some sort of card game ect.

2) Make stalls interactable, especially food stalls.

I know its only two, buuut ..
3) Actually make Pacifica lawless and dangerous

Top Bottom