The clothing system in this game needs to change

+
Is there a way to hide the hats and still have one equipped that I missed? If there isn't,how did an hide clothing option not make it in to the final product..

Yes. This is such a big obvious deal that I'll be generous to the devs and assume it's one of the features they didn't have time to implement and are certainly planning on implementing and not something they overlooked completely. Because that would be embarrassing :ROFLMAO:
It kills my immersion to be dressed, as you so well put it, like a thrift store clown.

The only thing I'd amend to your suggetion: "all clothing items can be purchased at clothing and gun shops" is that it's acceptable that not all clothing is available at all stores though perhaps you didn't mean that. Shopping around for certain styles in certain stores in certain neighborhoods makes sense, but it's a very VERY minor point in the big picture that we can't dress as we please.

Stores need an overhaul where each store have its own identity the inventory they offer to you, can't have a damn Appel Du Paris selling police helmets, makes no sense.
Clothing shop should sell all the available styles in the game, no need to save and load to RNG the friggin inventory.
Gun shops should sell guns (duh) and military gear, like body armor, camo clothing, helmet and so on.

Well if you want to play for style (and the story)... Then you can play in easy mode. Most of the time you will hardly ever need to heal yourself anyway.

There is also a schema for a clothes mod that adds 50 or 60 points of armour. So you can keep any rare clothes and they should be enough.

The only thing I'd amend to your suggetion: "all clothing items can be purchased at clothing and gun shops" is that it's acceptable that not all clothing is available at all stores though perhaps you didn't mean that. Shopping around for certain styles in certain stores in certain neighborhoods makes sense, but it's a very VERY minor point in the big picture that we can't dress as we please.

Yeah, of course. Different stores would have different styles, most certainly!
Post automatically merged:

Well if you want to play for style (and the story)... Then you can play in easy mode. Most of the time you will hardly ever need to heal yourself anyway.

There is also a schema for a clothes mod that adds 50 or 60 points of armour. So you can keep any rare clothes and they should be enough.

That's not the point. The point is that dressing your "V" should be a player choice, not a dev choice or a choice driven by the random game of chance.

Also, the Armadillo mod that you mention is very obviously bugged and needs a balance pass.

You are welcome to be satisfied with crappy, third rate game mechanics and exploits. I instead will choose to take the devs to task for their poor (or poorly implemented) design decisions.

Yeah, of course. Different stores would have different styles, most certainly!
Post automatically merged:

That's not the point. The point is that dressing your "V" should be a player choice, not a dev choice or a choice driven by the random game of chance.

Also, the Armadillo mod that you mention is very obviously bugged and needs a balance pass.

You are welcome to be satisfied with crappy, third rate game mechanics and exploits. I instead will choose to take the devs to task for their poor (or poorly implemented) design decisions.

There's that slot that overrides you gear. It's obvious you were supposed to be able to create your own set that you can then use as a skin. Just like 90% of the game tho, it was cut at some point for reasons. Just like car and weapon customization vanished into thin fucking air.

You wanna hear a secret? This might blow your mind so be ready.

You don't have to use yellow clothes. The mods are complete overkill. I don't even wear a hat, at all, ever. The motto of the PnP game is "style over substance"

This is a fallacious argument. Yes, the motto of the tabletop game is "style over substance". That is a maxim to describe rampant consumerism, apathy, and surrender to celebrity in the Cyberpunk genre. It has nothing to do with foregoing armor systems in a game that clearly relies on them just so you aren't running around dressed like a circus clown.

Your argument is frankly asinine.

This is a fallacious argument. Yes, the motto of the tabletop game is "style over substance". That is a maxim to describe rampant consumerism, apathy, and surrender to celebrity in the Cyberpunk genre. It has nothing to do with foregoing armor systems in a game that clearly relies on them just so you aren't running around dressed like a circus clown.

Your argument is frankly asinine.

Legendary clothing is complete overkill, there is no content in the game that requires it.

• RED Point
Reactions: Nux
cd-projekt-red-cyberpunk-2077-cd-pr-rpg-video-game-night--13.jpg
I was wondering, can you dress like this?

Because it's a bad idea and ruins the purpose of having clothing shops.
I mean, not necessarily; in this circumstance, clothing shops would provide access to, for instance, items that could only be bought from clothing shops (similarly, I think certain clothes can only be looted from enemies, e.g. Maelstrom clothes. Correct me if I'm wrong), crafting specs for some clothes, and just the ability to buy clothes only for their armor rating/mod slots.

That being said, if they didn't do what AC:O did, then the next best option I think is to divorce armor rating from clothing, and then make most clothes substantially cheaper to buy/acquire since they don't offer innate improvements to armor or anything.

View attachment 11095613I was wondering, can you dress like this?

I already found these clothes, but they are bad.
All of them were common/grey, not worh wearing it...
It's not impossible to find rarities among them, but I had no luck.

That's why I think as many others here, that we need a skin system with urgency!
I know some features needs to come first, but they promised us that we WOULD BE ABLE to costumize our character the way we wanted in all aspects.
We can customize pubic hair but we can't pick our style?
Shame...

I already found these clothes, but they are bad.
All of them were common/grey, not worh wearing it...
It's not impossible to find rarities among them, but I had no luck.

That's why I think as many others here, that we need a skin system with urgency!
I know some features needs to come first, but they promised us that we WOULD BE ABLE to costumize our character the way we wanted in all aspects.
We can customize pubic hair but we can't pick our style?
Shame...
Even the Arasaka Samurai Cybertech soldier armor? I managed to found some suits, but no luck regarding the clothing under the armor, shoulder pads and helmet that cover your face full like the two soldiers.

In difficulty, hard I had no problems ignoring equipment issues, now in expert, I have to manage it.

I found a common jacket that fit my character's style quite a bit, and since the upgrade system is prohibitive if all your gear is weird, I said, Let's go ahead, let's improve this jacket.

And I put it at the height of a jacket of my level by applying upgrades.

The problem arises when, having received a dozen upgrades, the next level of progression is prohibitive, while any jacket on the ground that has already automatically scaled to my level has the upgrade costs of level 1.

This happens with both weapons and clothes and makes you not even think about picking up certain weapons from the game until you have reached a super high level because otherwise, it means that it will be impossible to upgrade them.

It would be enough to fix this if the upgrade costs were balanced at a weapon/clothes level, and not several previous upgrades.

Last edited:
Yeah, I hate having to change my outfit every time I get better stats. Especially, when I have a good-looking armor piece then I pickup a skimpy crop top that has a higher armor rating!!!

Even the Arasaka Samurai Cybertech soldier armor? I managed to found some suits, but no luck regarding the clothing under the armor, shoulder pads and helmet that cover your face full like the two soldiers.

I've found the armor, yeap! And the helmet too...
If you notice, they too use some goggles as well and these ones I never found it. I have some pieces that look like the poster's, but are not the same.

Even Militech grunt I didn't find any so far View attachment 11095673

I just found the helmet of this one, and it's bad too haha
I have no interest on finding the rest of it

Top Bottom