The Eredin Leader Ability Needs Nerf (Suggestion in Topic)

+
The Eredin Leader Ability Needs Nerf (Suggestion in Topic)

From the brief time I played the game, it was quickly apparent that the monster deck just completely outclassed the Northern Realms deck. That's not to say that an NR deck couldn't defeat a Monster one, but what I do mean is that you need to be a better player to be able to achieve that win. The cards aren't so bad when you think of the way that the NR is made to combo, but the issue comes in with the special abilities of the leaders. For the purposes of this post, I'm assuming that the Northern Realms faction special ability just wasn't working because it didn't make much sense for the Monsters to have one but Nothern Realms not. So I won't be touching on that.

To recap, as the Eredin, you have the ability at any time to drop a gold 15 monster onto the field. In contrast, Foltest can only duplicate a bronze unit which considering the best card in the deck is the Redanian Knight, then as Eredin, you have at least a +1 advantage. Now that might not seem so bad, but considering that the Redanian Knights are easily countered by either the Frost or either the Destroy cards (depending on the scenario) as opposed to the gold unit which seems to have nothing to counter, means that Monster Deck is overpowered.

To address this imbalance, there are two options that are available depending on if you are one that likes to nerf or buff. On the nerf side of things, Eredin is fine to be a gold and it makes sense but not as a 15. For one thing, that value should only be for the most powerful cards in the game (i.e. Geralt and maybe Ciri). It takes a lot of testing but I'd recommend bumping it to down to 12. That still makes it more powerful than any other single play card I can think of, and he's still invulnerable to that would otherwise destroy the frost giant of that card that eats units.

On the flip side of things, if you are wanting to buff the Northern Realms, then I'd recommend giving the player more options and letting him pick out a brown OR silver card. This also makes sense from the apparent playstyle that it being crafted with the Northern Realms as they have another card through which to make a string of combos together. This could be unbalanced though and would require some testing to see how it works against the Monster (and other) decks. It's for this reason that I prefer to nerf, instead of buff as there's less testing in my opinion.

Finally, I just want to say how much fun it was to get into playing Gwent! It was a great compromise to have players that signed up for the Beta be able to participate in this sort thing to at least whet the appetite for the Closed Beta to come. I'll be looking forward to playing again on Tuesday.

Nerf ? .. Please it's the least fun leader ability and it needs to be changed completely to fit wild hunt decks

KTS is nothing to go on since there wasn't even clear weather so it is not fair to judge it there.

in kls the nr ablity was all heros you control get plus 2, but yes nr really needed some clear weathers or cards with tightbond they had none it was a really watered down deck, I think most monster players with play the leader that puts a weather into play any way.

KTS was not a card balancing test :p i wouldn't worry about that now
the decks on gamescom seemed better balanced (not that i got to play that many)

KTS was not a card balancing test :p i wouldn't worry about that now
the decks on gamescom seemed better balanced (not that i got to play that many)

Ah! See I didn't know they were offering different cards/decks at the Gamescom as I didn't go. Regardless, it's better to post this feedback now, just in case it is in place later on. You never know; they may of been using this to test and see how that ability works.

This is most likely the latest build. So the cards have changed since gamescom but eredin is not OP Foltest is much better we just didnt get the right cards to combo it with.

It is not latest build! this build used for test purpose and 90% cards in it never will be in gwent in this form. Its build made only for server test not for balance.

I agree the cards will still change before release but it is the current built. gwentdb already said they were going to add the kts cards to the database

Surely we don't need to talk about nerfs yet

Just focus on bugs and report them for now

We weren't even playing with personalized decks

Top Bottom