The Game Is Way Too Easy !

+
I'm having a pretty good time with the game on PC. The atmosphere is great, the story is great, the gameplay feels good. My main issue right now is that as a level 23 rifle/katana/stealth guy playing on very hard difficulty, 3/4 of the map is now marked as low and very low danger, and I can dispose of groups of enemies with little to no resistance at all. What fun is there in clearing the map now ?

In the first (breathtaking) hours of my playthrough, I did get into trouble pretty often, so I invested my perk points very seriously, I maxed out my weapons and armor whenever possible, just to keep up. I did not expect to become invincible at level 23. And while most online guides teach players how to max stats and get the most OP builds and weapons as soon as possible, here I am scouring the web for a way to level down.

Should I keep playing just for the story ? Wait for patches ? or maybe start a new game without using perk points and powerful weapons ?

Several posts already address this issue in great detail, but I feel it’s not enough (hence my post) and I really hope that balancing and AI improvements will be top priority after the bug fixes.

Cheers !

There's no way they're going to fix this, there's too much that's broken that leads to this game being easy. They'd have to overhaul the AI, the combat system, the perk system, the weapon & gear system, the level design and types of enemies, the leveling system, quickhacks. The list goes on. They'd have to make pretty much a new game to fix it.

Going perkless is the only way, avoid using epic & legendary weapons. In other RPG's the further you get in the game the more different types of enemies you fight. In cyberpunk you fight the same exact enemies with the only difference being they have slightly higher armor & damage. So every time you get a new perk or legendary/epic weapon, the gap between you and enemies gets wider.

I've seen your post, everything you wrote is spot on. I will try perkless and see where it goes.
Maybe give the cheat tables a try to level down ?

What bothers me is that most people seem to be more annoyed by non matching clothes than by the gamebreaking balancing and AI.

There's no way they're going to fix this, there's too much that's broken that leads to this game being easy. They'd have to overhaul the AI, the combat system, the perk system, the weapon & gear system, the level design and types of enemies, the leveling system, quickhacks. The list goes on. They'd have to make pretty much a new game to fix it.

It's actually easier than you'd think to fix it. Most perks just needs their numerical value adjusted. For example:

High Noon (Pistols). 3 ranks. 4% crit chance per point. Should be 5 ranks. 2% per point.
Rio Bravo (Pistols). 3 ranks. 10% crit damage for headshots. Should be 2 ranks 8% crit damage for headshots.
Slight nerf to base damage for revolvers.

See the main problem right now for most characters getting OP. Is that the perks are too strong. Not just pistols. Cold blood headshot damage perk 50%. Should be 2 ranks with +4% headshot damage per cold blood stack. So 8x3-5 headshot damage. The tech skill 20/40% damage against mechs should be 15/30%. Situational but still strong.

Most problems can easily be solved by adjusting perk tree values and base weapon damage.
Armor also need to change. First a soft cap at 50% reduced damage from physical attacks, then a hard cap at 70%. This would still make your character extremely strong but incentivizes and rewards people that want to build tanky.

You also have sniper tech weapons shooting through walls being too strong. I think that's not a weapon issue but an ammo capacity and AI issue. The max ammo size of tech snipers should be 1. Maybe with a perk to increase the mag size to 3. And the AI needs to swarm / be aggressive against snipers.

I'm standing by my first statement here. Most balance issues are solved with perk tree balance (which are just numerical values, easy to fix). And changing the base damage of weapons as well as magazine sizes.

I'm having a pretty good time with the game on PC. The atmosphere is great, the story is great, the gameplay feels good. My main issue right now is that as a level 23 rifle/katana/stealth guy playing on very hard difficulty, 3/4 of the map is now marked as low and very low danger, and I can dispose of groups of enemies with little to no resistance at all. What fun is there in clearing the map now ?

In the first (breathtaking) hours of my playthrough, I did get into trouble pretty often, so I invested my perk points very seriously, I maxed out my weapons and armor whenever possible, just to keep up. I did not expect to become invincible at level 23. And while most online guides teach players how to max stats and get the most OP builds and weapons as soon as possible, here I am scouring the web for a way to level down.

Should I keep playing just for the story ? Wait for patches ? or maybe start a new game without using perk points and powerful weapons ?

Several posts already address this issue in great detail, but I feel it’s not enough (hence my post) and I really hope that balancing and AI improvements will be top priority after the bug fixes.

Cheers !
Play on hard or extreme. It is more challenging. Also as u level up some missons will get easier

It's actually easier than you'd think to fix it. Most perks just needs their numerical value adjusted. For example:

High Noon (Pistols). 3 ranks. 4% crit chance per point. Should be 5 ranks. 2% per point.
Rio Bravo (Pistols). 3 ranks. 10% crit damage for headshots. Should be 2 ranks 8% crit damage for headshots.
Slight nerf to base damage for revolvers.

See the main problem right now for most characters getting OP. Is that the perks are too strong. Not just pistols. Cold blood headshot damage perk 50%. Should be 2 ranks with +4% headshot damage per cold blood stack. So 8x3-5 headshot damage. The tech skill 20/40% damage against mechs should be 15/30%. Situational but still strong.

Most problems can easily be solved by adjusting perk tree values and base weapon damage.
Armor also need to change. First a soft cap at 50% reduced damage from physical attacks, then a hard cap at 70%. This would still make your character extremely strong but incentivizes and rewards people that want to build tanky.

You also have sniper tech weapons shooting through walls being too strong. I think that's not a weapon issue but an ammo capacity and AI issue. The max ammo size of tech snipers should be 1. Maybe with a perk to increase the mag size to 3. And the AI needs to swarm / be aggressive against snipers.

I'm standing by my first statement here. Most balance issues are solved with perk tree balance (which are just numerical values, easy to fix). And changing the base damage of weapons as well as magazine sizes.
You can kill people in one shot with 0 perks or attributes invested with burn or bleed on a shotty for 100% chance with status effect mod. The burn does so much damage that even high threat enemies die after a single shot. There's a lot of cheese tactics in this game even if you don't have perks. You can have 0 perks and still beat the game on very hard.

That + medkit cooldowns + nerf the through wall damage for tech weapons. maybe ditch the low danger completely except for the very first locations. If most of the map is moderate or low, the encounters become pretty boring, for a game about looting, crafting, and leveling, that's a bummer.

That + medkit cooldowns + nerf the through wall damage for tech weapons. maybe ditch the low danger completely except for the very first locations. If most of the map is moderate or low, the encounters become pretty boring, for a game about looting, crafting, and leveling, that's a bummer.
Wait till you see how broken hacking is on a fundamental level. You originally had to jack directly into people to hack them, but now you just look at them and can one shot an entire building.

I remember loving Skyrim a lot more when I installed the Requiem mod back in the day. The game became a lot harder but made everything matter. From the weapons you use to the potions you drink, every decision was crucial and every encounter was a thrill. I wish CB77 was the same.

Mods are coming I'm sure, so wait and see !
Post automatically merged:

Wait till you see how broken hacking is on a fundamental level. You originally had to jack directly into people to hack them, but now you just look at them and can one shot an entire building.

I don't play hack in this playthrough, but I believe you.

I've been finding it quite challeging on hard, however now im getting more powerful with netruning i can clear gigs no problems

I've been finding it quite challeging on hard, however now im getting more powerful with netruning i can clear gigs no problems

Yeah the early game is challenging and enticing. I couldn't wait to fill the perk trees, get me some good weapons and cyberware and fight for it, but the game just throws easy wins and loot at you left and right. I think V levels up too fast. I got legendary loot too soon, and I don't feel I earned any of it.

Lvl 24/45 an still got areas with very high and skulled enemies, had finished previous playthroughs 29/50, 30/50 and 32/50 all still with very high danger markers all over the south of the map, so i guess im doing something really wrong.

While i can nearly 1 shot frontline fodder and would probably one shot if i min/maxed which im not going to do, i see absolutely zero problem with V taking the fodder out as they do, it's called progression and its great to feel.

In future updates/DLC i wouldn't say no to more "boss" types with immunities and are abit bullet spongy and enenmy netrunners mixed in with the street lvl thugs that do more than overheat your weapon, but right now i have absolutely zero problems with V progressing to be the literal top dog of combat

Last edited:
I remember loving Skyrim a lot more when I installed the Requiem mod back in the day. The game became a lot harder but made everything matter. From the weapons you use to the potions you drink, every decision was crucial and every encounter was a thrill. I wish CB77 was the same.

Mods are coming I'm sure, so wait and see !
Post automatically merged:

I don't play hack in this playthrough, but I believe you.
Legendary quickhacks let you use quickhacks through walls. With the spread distance perk and cyberdeck your contagion has so much AOE that it can spread to people two floors below the person you target and the damage gets so high that 2 ticks of the poison kills people. You can clear an entire building in less than 10 seconds without entering it.

Ultimate quickhacks that one hit kill enemies can have their cost reduced to practically nothing and there's a cyberdeck that turns all ultimate quickhacks into AOE. So much about quickhacks is broken, they're all broken once you get epic/legendary ones.

Top Bottom