The General Videogame Thread

+
I've been playing Pokemon Go for the past few days while I've been in Malta (which was challenging bc I only had wifi) but now I'm home in the UK, there are no pokemon stops or pokemon gyms near me at all :((( it sucks living in the middle of nowhere lol.

I've been playing Pokemon Go for the past few days while I've been in Malta (which was challenging bc I only had wifi) but now I'm home in the UK, there are no pokemon stops or pokemon gyms near me at all :((( it sucks living in the middle of nowhere lol.

Wait, it's out over here now? I thought it was only out in Asia and the Americas.

it's not officially out but you can play it in Europe if you use the apk mirror to download it. (as long as you have an android phone)

Well that's out of the question for me. Mine's an iPhone, so I'm going to have to wait for the official release.

Well that's out of the question for me. Mine's an iPhone, so I'm going to have to wait for the official release.

That's what you get for buying Apple products ;)

But yeah I think it'll be a while until they release the game in Europe because they've been having serious issues with server stability. Apparently they didn't realise just how many people were going to use the game (seriously?)

I have never played Pokémon but all the hype this is generating is making me interested, will definitely try it out when it comes out here.

That's what you get for buying Apple products ;)

But yeah I think it'll be a while until they release the game in Europe because they've been having serious issues with server stability. Apparently they didn't realise just how many people were going to use the game (seriously?)

They never expected a free AR Pokemon game to get so many players? Even after all the hype they generated for the game when it was first announced? Their marketing department needs to get slapped over their collective heads.

I have never played Pokémon but all the hype this is generating is making me interested, will definitely try it out when it comes out here.

You've been missing out! The Pokemon games are my childhood. I remember playing Pokemon Yellow when I was 6 years old on my Nintendo Gameboy Colour :p

---------- Updated at 04:44 PM ----------

They never expected a free AR Pokemon game to get so many players? Even after all the hype they generated for the game when it was first announced? Their marketing department needs to get slapped over their collective heads.

yeah I can't believe how much they underestimated it

I had three Pokemon games when I was growing up: Blue, Yellow and Gold. I never got any more of them because of prices...I know, common excuse.

You've been missing out! The Pokemon games are my childhood. I remember playing Pokemon Yellow when I was 6 years old on my Nintendo Gameboy Colour

I had three Pokemon games when I was growing up: Blue, Yellow and Gold. I never got any more of them because of prices...I know, common excuse.

I had the Pikachu edition colour. I think I've still got it somewhere... My original gameboy is downstairs still.

I only ever had Yellow then went straight to Gold and Sapphire later getting leaf green for those cutting edge GBA graphics and that's where Pokemon ended for me.

I still hear the Pokerap in the back of my head anytime I mention it....

I think at one point my PC was full of Venonat's because I thought it was the cutest thing in existence - Then one fateful day my little brother deleted my Leaf Green save and I've never played a Pokemon game since ahaha - Might pick up Sun/Moon just to delve back into some nostalgia, only missed like 5 generations.. How many new Pokemon could there be..?

I think at one point my PC was full of Venonat's because I thought it was the cutest thing in existence - Then one fateful day my little brother deleted my Leaf Green save and I've never played a Pokemon game since ahaha - Might pick up Sun/Moon just to delve back into some nostalgia, only missed like 5 generations.. How many new Pokemon could there be..?

There must be around 1000 now considering how many games there's been. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't know where to start. :eek:kay:

There must be around 1000 now considering how many games there's been. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't know where to start.

I have kinda fallen for that Owl already... I need it.

But what I need more is Venonat in glorious 3d form. I'd be so happy to find one, here's an artists recreation of that moment:

Please Pokemon Company, I need it..

I have kinda fallen for that Owl already... I need it.

But what I need more is Venonat in glorious 3d form. I'd be so happy to find one, here's an artists recreation of that moment:

Please Pokemon Company, I need it..

Ugh, bugs. Give me one of these any day

Ugh, bugs. Give me one of these any day

But... That episode of the show when there is a ninja Venonat is the besssst, it's adorable:

Can't believe I can still recall the show... 16 years on. Think I should make it my new background noise show (For when I am drawing) up until now it's been the Simpsons but I am now in the 8th season, starts going downhill about now.

I think it's likely I'll pick up Moon now. I like the 3d models, very pretty. I've always wondered why they have never made a console version of the Pokemon games, would sell so many damn copies... Is Gamefreak just scared to change things that have been working for 20 years?

But... That episode of the show when there is a ninja Venonat is the besssst, it's adorable:

Can't believe I can still recall the show... 16 years on. Think I should make it my new background noise show (For when I am drawing) up until now it's been the Simpsons but I am now in the 8th season, starts going downhill about now.

I think it's likely I'll pick up Moon now. I like the 3d models, very pretty. I've always wondered why they have never made a console version of the Pokemon games, would sell so many damn copies... Is Gamefreak just scared to change things that have been working for 20 years?

Was that the one when the tower tipped to one side and Jessie and James went through a window? I can't remember too well.

I've been considering getting a Nintendo DS for a while but where would I play it? When I'm at home I'm always on my computer and when I'm out, I'm on my phone. I can't be the only one like that?

Was that the one when the tower tipped to one side and Jessie and James went through a window? I can't remember too well.

I've been considering getting a Nintendo DS for a while but where would I play it? When I'm at home I'm always on my computer and when I'm out, I'm on my phone. I can't be the only one like that?

Yeah, they damage the temple and it starts falling apart.

I lost interest in handheld games when I started playing consoles (Post SNES consoles anyway) I've not had any since the GBA, but I am willing to pick one up.
When I'm playing stuff I've got my PC but most of the time I am just in the front room on my laptop - My phone broke so I've just got a Nokia-style brick (This one has a colour screen.. advancements have been made) at the moment (It's like being in year 7 again) so the most I can do on my phone is play snake, but I've never been into mobile games at all.

On the topic of small games systems, I have been given a Raspberry pie (Retro version) with a tonne of old SNES and Megadrive games on it... Going to play the hell out of Aladdin (SNES version obviously).

Last edited:
Top Bottom