[SPOILERS] - Starfield Story Thread

+
the whole question about multiverses and life is very cool tbh.
I wouldn't say the story is really great by itself, I saw some people say that the whole multiverse thing is quite dumb... But knowing how NG+ is well and deeply integrated into the game and the story, it totally make sense and unexpected. I mean the game acknowledge you already know what will happen and offer options to change the chain of events if you want to.

I guess for the first time (ever), I plan to keep playing the same character again and again, maybe for years.
And mods.... friggin mods... Only in 2024 will it truly explode but when it does, boy oh boy am I gonna have fun.
Yeah, with mods, it will be something else. I hope they will add some on console like Skyrim/FO4 but it won't be near as awesome as on PC :)
No cp2077 for me
No way I would miss Phantom Liberty! But as soon as finished CP+PL, I return on Starfield, for sure :giggle:

I wouldn't say the story is really great by itself, I saw some people say that the whole multiverse thing is quite dumb... But knowing how NG+ is well and deeply integrated into the game and the story, it totally make sense and unexpected. I mean the game acknowledge you already know what will happen and offer options to change the chain of events if you want to.

To be fair, some people are always criticizing lol.

That's not to say i think the story is great but it's very serviceable and I absolutely love the idea of a multiverse, if only for the storytelling possibilities. If done right, it can be amazing.

I guess for the first time (ever), I plan to keep playing the same character again and again, maybe for years.

Same... thing is, extensive modding has a tendency to break your play through eventually. At which point it becomes nearly impossible to accurately pinpoint where it all went wrong on these long running play throughs.

Yeah, with mods, it will be something else. I hope they will add some on console like Skyrim/FO4 but it won't be near as awesome as on PC :)

Heh, I genuinely hope you guys get to experience the full glory of modding this time around. Most likely not gonna happen, especially considering a lot of mods will depend on the script extender but if you guys do manage to get it this time around...

No way I would miss Phantom Liberty! But as soon as finished CP+PL, I return on Starfield, for sure :giggle:

I find myself in the same mindset. I gave the 2.0 patch a go and love it. PL is dropping tonight and I am most definitely not touching Starfield for a while but I know for a fact I'll be back to it. There is years of fun to be had in this game.

The story isent the good thing about it, its the resolution thats fitting and most stuff is pretty realistic. The multiverse is a hypothesis so its iffy at best but nobody has dissproved it yet for obvious reasons ^^
Post automatically merged:

I find myself in the same mindset. I gave the 2.0 patch a go and love it. PL is dropping tonight and I am most definitely not touching Starfield for a while but I know for a fact I'll be back to it. There is years of fun to be had in this game.
Kinda wish i would feel that again but i think the ship has sailed for me even if alot of my suggestions seems to have been implimented one way or another. The story will be the same with a small change except for PL ofc so i really dont feel like playing it again. Might do in a year or so.

Heh, I genuinely hope you guys get to experience the full glory of modding this time around. Most likely not gonna happen, especially considering a lot of mods will depend on the script extender but if you guys do manage to get it this time around...
Yep, I don't have good hope for "big/popular" mods. At least, I'm fine with mods like FO4. i.e weapons, armors, so maybe new ship parts, new habs for outposts,... little mods, but better than nothing :)
The story isent the good thing about it, its the resolution thats fitting and most stuff is pretty realistic. The multiverse is a hypothesis so its iffy at best but nobody has dissproved it yet for obvious reasons ^^
Don't talk about how "realistic" is the multiverse theory... I saw some ask why they can't land on gas giants or why there is no life on each planet :D
The story, is good, for Bethesda and it's fine. Multiverse is great because it totally fit the NG+(+(+(+(+)))).

Don't talk about how "realistic" is the multiverse theory...
Well its one theory on why physics works. Its probably not right but it works in calculations and so on. Probablility for example. All physics are quite weird when you get into it :D guess this is why people ask about gas giants and life on all planets/moons, people dont know that much about space i guess. since we have kinda stoped exploring it interest seem to be low. Some stuff is quite unrealistic tho but hey its a game.

Last edited:
Yeah, NG+ is definitely a surprisingly interesting affair in Starfield.
How did you know? They told me you said they'd find me standing over two bodies.
It's very well done in the introduction, things taper off quickly but the attention to detail matters.

What got me was they actually fleshed out leaving the Unity and returning. It wasn't bad either! What Andreja( as a spouse) had to say felt spot on!

I almost finish to build my "storage" outpost, just giant towers of big containers. It look trully horrible, but I almost managed to store my 10K kg of crafting materials...
Good point, I can use them for upgrades, researches or to build, but bad point, I can't retrieve them from the storage anymore, except by searching and accessing manually of each container. What a pain...
I still can't get why they didn't use the same system as the ship storage. I mean, more modules you add, more storage you get and above all, you can check, dump, retrieve everything from just a little practical screen interface...

Anyway, I hope they will change one day!

On side note :
I encountered a strange dude (The Hunter) in New Atlantis, It doesn't go unnoticed :)
I love his outfit. He said we will certainly meet again in the future, so I guess he's a part of a quest.
View attachment 11361268View attachment 11361271
I search inspiration to build a new ship... And damn, some have real skills and make really awesome ships. I really love this one!
View attachment 11361274
That's an awesome ship design.
Post automatically merged:

How did you know? They told me you said they'd find me standing over two bodies.
It's very well done in the introduction, things taper off quickly but the attention to detail matters.

What got me was they actually fleshed out leaving the Unity and returning. It wasn't bad either! What Andreja( as a spouse) had to say felt spot on!
I love the way that they did NG+. In some universes, I've already experienced everything before and know what's going to happen and how, and I have a [Starborn] option to instantly solve whatever the problem is, if I want to. If I let my character roleplay his old self, then the other two main Starborn get into an argument about whether it's alright to deceive people about who I really am. Lots of interesting stuff integrated into NG+, and I appreciate the thought that went into it.

As for the multiverse concept itself, I find it far fetched. However, it's one of the current "theories" running around in Cosmology (I put theory in quotes, because it isn't properly a scientific theory without a means to either prove or disprove it), so I don't have any problem with them building the Unity / NG+ concept around it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom