The General Videogame Thread

+

othersidetease.com/strawberry.php

There's also a counter on othersidetease.com that runs out next Monday.

I'm almost squeeing like 5-years-old about this since yesterday.

With SS3 developed by ex-LGS devs I'll be able to die in peace, and won't haunt Warren Spector's or Ken Levine's houses

Only worrying, though, how much money Night Dive got to give Otherside Entertainment for development.

Last edited:
More likely to be announced as Otherside's next crowdfunding campaign on Monday, if you ask me.
I could be wrong but neither Night Dive nor Otherside seem 'big' enough to be able to fund this out of their own pockets.

More likely to be announced as Otherside's next crowdfunding campaign on Monday, if you ask me.
I could be wrong but neither Night Dive nor Otherside seem 'big' enough to be able to fund this out of their own pockets.

Not sure that it will be announced on Monday. That page with logo and subscription intended to remain hidden until counter goes off, but it have leaked yesterday, and now they hid it once again.

Probably, it will be just an announcement of development for now, though KS campaign is very likely in future.

Funnily enough, Night Dive kept telling until the very day of teaser that they are not financially ready for SS3. It could be a red herring while they sought for outside investors, or it's quite unexplainable.

P.S.: I've created SS3 thread in CP77 forum yesterday, seems like here appeared another one, our posts should be moved there

Last edited:
I wonder if they'll use the new Fig service or more established Kickstarter?
Did you see my post about Fig a few pages back? It's owned by a former employee of Double Fine (Tim Shaefer's company) and Tim Shaefer is an investor in the website. In other words, it's a scam. I hope indie devs stay away from it.

Did you see my post about Fig a few pages back? It's owned by a former employee of Double Fine (Tim Shaefer's company) and Tim Shaefer is an investor in the website. In other words, it's a scam. I hope indie devs stay away from it.

That doesn't make it a scam yet. However it's too early to say how Fig will manage things. It will be easier to evaluate after a few projects. Their advisory board has serious people, including Brian Fargo (inXile CEO) and Feargus Urquhart (Obsidian CEO), so I wouldn't rush to call them supporting a scam.

I suspect both inXile and Obsidian will use Fig for their future titles.

Last edited:
Alright, so patch 1.1 for Tribes: Ascend is finally out ( patch notes ) ( @Kinley )

If you don't know what Tribes is... well, I feel sorry for you :p

I've mixed feelings about the patch - the game definitely feels a lot closer to the original Tribes games (all classes now weigh more, so movement in the air has more of a Tribes 2 feel to it), more oldschool and less clean than what T:A originally was like. But the tweaks are a mixed bag for me - some nice changes, some not-so-nice changes, but the biggest issues I had with the game are still there. There are just some core elements (autos, no base-building etc) that just need to be changed completely, imo, and they haven't been - just minor tweaks here and there. It might be just the case that we need a whole new game.

Anyway, there's still a lot of rebalancing they need to do, and autos are still annoying, but I think, as a whole, this is a better foundation for a Tribes game than it originally was. If anyone's considered jumping in but hasn't done it, or used to play Tribes Ascend but stopped - now's a good time to give it a shot. I just hope HiRez keep supporting it with patches in the future.

Last edited:
Finally got all the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S. And I just realized that this is likely the last time I'm typing the name with all those dots. Any recommendations for my first playthrough? Small or big things that could improve the experience? Mods? Recommended difficulty?

Finally got all the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S. And I just realized that this is likely the last time I'm typing the name with all those dots. Any recommendations for my first playthrough? Small or big things that could improve the experience? Mods? Recommended difficulty?

Autumn Aurora 2 for Shadow of Chernobyl.

I'm just posting to let everyone know that I've come into possession of two GOG CD keys: One for Divine Divinity and the other for Blackguards. I already own the games so I don't need these keys but if anyone else wants them, PM me and I'll give you them. Remember: It's first come first served, so if you're interested, be quick about it! :)

Aaaaand.....Blackguards is gone!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Rock Paper Shotgun posted an article about the new expansion packs for Elite Dangerous. I recently bought it during a steam sale, because I have not played space opera since Freelancer and wanted to see if the genre is still something for me, with another franchise being so hyped lately. Well the 12 bucks I payed won't cut it if I want to stay up to date with my game. The "expansion pass" will cost about 45 bucks with a discount of 15€ if you own the base game, and the first major update will hit on 15th December, exactly one day before Star Citizen will have its big life stream.

Other features of this expansion will be the ability to create your own avatar - similar to EVE Online.

Following Planetary Landings, additional updates will come online in 2016, including: Loot and Crafting, unlocking a world of customization options and adding new value and meaning to every action.
Multicrew, allowing teams of players to assume roles aboard the same ship.
Commander Creation, giving a unique appearance to players’ in-game avatars.
Ship-Launched Fighters, allowing larger spacecraft to carry their own short-range fighter ships for attack and defense.
New Missions and Ships, expanding the already massive amount of playable content.
New Close Quarter Combat (CQC) Arenas, providing additional challenges to prove multiplayer superiority

^^ Comes as no surprise. EA Announced a while ago that they're switching to an annual FPS schedule. Originally, they were alternating Metal Of Honor and Battlefield. But now that they have Battlefront I'm sure they'll mix that in there as well.

I hate it when companies whore out sequels like this, all it does is scam a ton of money out of the customers and dilute the playerbase.

I hate it when companies whore out sequels like this, all it does is scam a ton of money out of the customers and dilute the playerbase.

??
Last proper battlefield game came out back in 2013, not counting the spin off made by an entirely different studio.

Unless you mean the general annual releases, well I googled around a bit and found no evidence to support that claim.

Top Bottom