The loot system is garbage

+
I recently cleared out the clothing closet in the main area of my apartment and got way too much clothing in purple, blue, green and white

It took my carry weight to over 5000 and by the time I sold everything I made 1 million eddies.

I could of gotten so many parts but I don't need to craft anymore

I finished Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided recently, and oh boy it beats Cyberpunk in every aspect.

Regarding loot mechanics - in deus ex the loot is static. A pistol is a pistol, there are no levels of loot. Pistol headshots always oneshot kill unarmed enemies without helmet. There is no beating numbers out of enemies in the game. And with armor piercing upgrade pistol can headshot kill armored enemies. And imagine, I didn't get bored of carrying the same pistol through the 60 hours of playing both deus ex games, it felt just PERFECT

Leveled loot system is POINTLESS. It doesn't introduce interesting gameplay tasks, it adds nothing except an obligatory activity loop that distracts a player from main gameplay. It doesn't test my reflexes, it doesn't test my intelligence, it doesn't test my strategical, tactical and quick thinking, it doesn't test my patience, we have stealth for that. And it doesn't provide customization options, because they look the same. This is a boring routine, and I hate it with all hate I have, because I waste enough time on routines in real life.

Cyberpunk loot system just wastes my time and gives me nothing back.

It really is.

One has a feeling that it was prepped for the multiplayer game they had in mind, because it's really more like MMO loot than RPG loot. MMO loot is like this sort of crap - you get lots of random stuff and tiny increments that don't mean anything.

RPG loot should be more "precise" - IOW all loot should be more considered and relevant, and less of it. As indeed some of the hand-placed items are in the game, some of the legendaries, etc. - all the loot should be more like that and less like the torrent of random junk we have. It's ok to have some random junk in an RPG, but there's far too much of it in the game.

But what am I saying? The game isn't even an RPG. :)

Top Bottom