The potential arrival of Cyberpunk Online (March - April 2022)

+
CDPR can't release a patch in 6 months, but they can develop an online mode in a year? They can't get rid of both well documented and repeatable bugs, and those that appear randomly and are difficult or near impossible to reliably reproduce.
I won't comment about them not releasing 1.4 but maybe they weren't satisfied of whatever they were implementing and it required further work.

Sure it's been a long time and a lot of npc bugs and traffic cars disappearing in crossroads, we've all seen the footage.

But, as I've stated earlier, they can just NOT HAVE open world elements in the multiplayer and BOOM, no issues.

Making it more instance based full loads of a map in a zoned world with no far distance objects to load in, or traffics or NPC to emulate, this frees up a lot of burden from the game engine, and could easily run 5-10 people moving in screen according to coordinate changes given by server.

CDPR themselves probably don't have the knowledge to do this rapid location changing, sending coordinates to server, aim angles and calculating damages on server and sending it simultaneously to 10 people, latency reduction, all sorts of gimmicks to make characters movement more fluid once you don't necessarily know all their movements because packages might get lost... but you know who has that experience? Digital Scapes, which has had experience in developing multiplayer for other titles.

Also no game of this magnitude is ever going to be completely bug free. GTA 5 got patched 2021 with fixes like:
  • Fixed several issues that caused game crashes, freezes and other stability problems
  • Fixed a stability issue that caused high memory usage for PC players, which could have led to pausing/stuttering on low specification hardware
  • Fixed an issue that may have caused players to get stuck on a black screen during transitions between GTA Online content
  • Fixed an issue that resulted in players getting stuck on a loading screen when accepting a Job invite while inside the Arcade

and many others
(source: https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360058871554/GTAV-Title-Update-1-52-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One-PC )

So just saying "well the game has bugs so it can't have multiplayer" is kinda mute point when even the most direct competitor has to release fixes 8 years after game's release.

Last edited:
I won't comment about them not releasing 1.4 but maybe they weren't satisfied of whatever they were implementing and it required further work.

Sure it's been a long time and a lot of npc bugs and traffic cars disappearing in crossroads, we've all seen the footage.

But, as I've stated earlier, they can just NOT HAVE open world elements in the multiplayer and BOOM, no issues.

Making it more instance based full loads of a map in a zoned world with no far distance objects to load in, or traffics or NPC to emulate, this frees up a lot of burden from the game engine, and could easily run 5-10 people moving in screen according to coordinate changes given by server.

CDPR themselves probably don't have the knowledge to do this rapid location changing, sending coordinates to server, aim angles and calculating damages on server and sending it simultaneously to 10 people, latency reduction, all sorts of gimmicks to make characters movement more fluid once you don't necessarily know all their movements because packages might get lost... but you know who has that experience? Digital Scapes, which has had experience in developing multiplayer for other titles.

Also no game of this magnitude is ever going to be completely bug free. GTA 5 got patched 2021 with fixes like:
  • Fixed several issues that caused game crashes, freezes and other stability problems
  • Fixed a stability issue that caused high memory usage for PC players, which could have led to pausing/stuttering on low specification hardware
  • Fixed an issue that may have caused players to get stuck on a black screen during transitions between GTA Online content
  • Fixed an issue that resulted in players getting stuck on a loading screen when accepting a Job invite while inside the Arcade

and many others
(source: https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360058871554/GTAV-Title-Update-1-52-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One-PC )

So just saying "well the game has bugs so it can't have multiplayer" is kinda mute point when even the most direct competitor has to release fixes 8 years after game's release.

One of the best post there for sure.

Cyberpunk online - im waiting for it since anounce of Cyberpunk.

I hope to see this realized one day by CDPR. I know the challenges for something like this are enormous and I know it will take time.

We have several MMOs on the market, but absolutely none - there's a huge vacuum here - in the realistic Sci fi genre. The others 'pull', so to speak, to the fantasy side.

That vacuum will be filled sooner or later by some big company, I wish it were CDPR.

I agree with you on all points. They can't simply add multiplayer into the current Night City framework. It needs to be its own instance and has a huge set of its own problems to solve before it can function. I remember Watch dogs originally trying to add multiplayer on top of the singleplayer and it was kinda a miss in addition to being really shallow.

There is also the game design question of: "What would different players DO with each other? How would they interact? Co-operative or competitive?

There is definitely demand for "Cyberpunk online" but it has enough hurdles to rival the creation of the original game itself.

Eh? I’d like more single player content or quality of life/RP additions such as the ability to wear more types of accessories like watches and necklaces. If any kind of MP was to be announced, I’d prefer if it was just a co-op mode for the story mode.

Eh? I’d like more single player content or quality of life/RP additions such as the ability to wear more types of accessories like watches and necklaces. If any kind of MP was to be announced, I’d prefer if it was just a co-op mode for the story mode.
Don't worry, any kind of MP on Red Engine was cancelled. So Cyberpunk 2077 won't receive any MP mode/feature, never :)

I cannot imagine them putting in the work to add multiplayer functionality to RED Engine.

They will add multiplayer to their games - but it will be once they swap to UE5. They'll figure it out for The Witcher 4, probably start a bit smaller and start to add more and more as time goes by.

Okay good. I hope they at least add more features like the one I mentioned above to single player though.
For now, I think teams who work on Cyberpunk are mostly focused on the expansion and a bit on adding "features" to the game. We heard that they work on improving the police system and melee fight (we'll see that in the next update I suppose).
So in any case, solo content :)

I*m so obsessed with multiplayer I can't wait for it to come out, the one fact that has me stumped is how with the sandevistan will the slowdown part work, maybe it just won't at all, maybe it'll just make you super fast

Top Bottom