The really weird decision of removing clothe mods/specs from vendors.

+
No, because I would know my supervisor by name and recognize his face, most likely at least. If my supervisor would show up dressed like a hobo, I would still recognize him. Just like you would be able to recognize an imposter, regardless of whether or not they wear a business suit.

See, the point of this skill checks isn't to convince an NPC in your belonging to some faction or subculture. It is to showcase how V uses their life experience to achieve certain goals. In a quest you mentioned, Gimme Danger, corpo-V can convince a guard at the gate to let them in. They do it by name-dropping Abernathy. The point of this isn't to convince the guy buy looking like an inspector - the point is to tell him something that only an inspector should know. This info will remain with V regardless of how they dress.
Negotiating with NetWatch agent doesn't happen just because corpo-V has good clothing - it happens because they have a good business sense and a deep experience of surviving in a cut-throat blue-collar environment. None of it should be tied to how someone looks.
I thought it was pretty obvious that I'm asking it in the context of Gimme Danger scenario, but aparently it wasn't. Let me ask again then - would you, being a guard in Arasaka Industrial Park, let someone who looks like a hobo in, if all they've done was dropping the name "Abernathy"?

I know that the guard is nervous because they fucked something up and "Abernathy" is supposed to be a trigger that puts him up against the wall, but not considering how V looks is unrealistic. It's one thing if someone who looks the part walks up to you, drops important name and you may think "oh shit, better not dig myself a deeper grave and let them pass, they look like someone who can end my career", and other when someone who looks nothing like being a part of Arasaka drops some name and there is no red flag that maybe it's better to check them further before letting them in.

I thought it was pretty obvious that I'm asking it in the context of Gimme Danger scenario, but aparently it wasn't. Let me ask again then - would you, being a guard in Arasaka Industrial Park, let someone who looks like a hobo in, if all they've done was dropping the name "Abernathy"?
Not really, it wasn't clear.
Regarding the question - yeah, maybe. Who knows, maybe they are undercover and don't want to draw any unnecessary attention? "Realistic" option would be asking for an ID anyway, so I don't see how closing is that relevant in this scenario.
Edit: And besides, if you want to go full "realism", you would have to account not only for how your character dresses, but also how they look. In your scenario, would you trust someone, who is dressed in a tuxedo, but has unkept or unusual hairstyle? Tatoos on their face? None of this are corpo attributes either - and would probably draw a lot more attention.

Besides, I want you to elaborate on something. Previously, you said that the game made you choose between "looking good" and having better stats, that you had to make gameplay sacrifices in order to have better aesthetics. And I assume, that you want clothing to give "faction boosts" or charisma boosts instead of combat modifiers, so that you will be able to unlock new dialogue options based on this parameters.
Wouldn't your preferred system:
1) Make any clothing outside of your own "faction" useless, because street kid wouldn't have access to corpo's lines of dialogue anyway?
2) Would negate the "looking good vs being effective" dynamic anyway, because you can simply equip the charisma boosting equipment before the dialogue begins and then switch it off after passing a skill-check?
3) Would absolutely kill any combat effectiveness that equipment provides in order to implement something, that happens once an hour - and as such, would make clothing effectively irrelevant for the majority of the gameplay loop?

Last edited:
1) Make any clothing outside of your own "faction" useless, because street kid wouldn't have access to corpo's lines of dialogue anyway?
No. For once, the info needed for the dialogue options could be tied to gathered information rather than to lifepath, e.g. corpo V knows about the Abernathy because of the lifepath, but the game could still give nomad/street-kid V a less obvious and harder way to gather those information and use them.
2) Would negate the "looking good vs being effective" dynamic anyway, because you can simply equip the charisma boosting equipment before the dialogue begins and then switch it off after passing a skill-check?
That depends of how it would be implemented but, as I'm a fan of realism in games, I would like the change clothes option to be locked to specific place e.g. V's apartment. With that the player would need to plan ahead, knowing that changing in the middle of the mission is not possible.
3) Would absolutely kill any combat effectiveness that equipment provides in order to implement something, that happens once an hour - and as such, would make clothing effectively irrelevant for the majority of the gameplay loop?
Clothing bonuses should be moved to cyberware which would make much more sense lore-wise, so the combat effectivness would be the same. Also, clothing wouldn't had to govern only speech checks - V in corpo attire could get to the AIP by other means, but as they look the part they would be able to pass through it without raising suspicion. Tied together with e.g. new skill tree for Cool attribute (let's call it "Chameleon") that would provide bonuses and skills for how well V can hide in plain sight by using appropiate attire, could open completely new way of playing the game.

@Alekzie What about clothing items? Is loot more fruitful now at least? Or is it still very samey with lots of border guard vests, military flight jackets, etc.? E.g. are deltajocks and Crystaljock jackets still elusive?
I fear that you will say that these ones are "common" (or not the ones that you're talking about^^), but I already 2 in my wardrobe... I don't know where I find them (probably) random containers/loot :)
10-09-2022_14-45-28-lija5qds.jpeg10-09-2022_14-45-36-uub5prwk.jpeg

No. For once, the info needed for the dialogue options could be tied to gathered information rather than to lifepath, e.g. corpo V knows about the Abernathy because of the lifepath, but the game could still give nomad/street-kid V a less obvious and harder way to gather those information and use them.
Which, like I said, renders life-pathes obsolete - there would be no real difference between corpo or nomad, because both of them would be able to access same dialogue options anyway, with one of them being obliged to put in some additional work.
That depends of how it would be implemented but, as I'm a fan of realism in games, I would like the change clothes option to be locked to specific place e.g. V's apartment. With that the player would need to plan ahead, knowing that changing in the middle of the mission is not possible.
So how would that work in Gimme Danger? Let's assume, that you are playing a street kid and you've learned about Abernathy through some side-quest - what's next? Do you tell Goro "Hang on, I need to ride home to dress for the occasion"? Would you conveniently place a clean new corpo-suit in this side-quest area, that is also V's size? How would you even be able to prepare for something like that when playing for the first time?
And the funny thing is, it doesn't really change my point - you just add redundancy to what otherwise would be a quick inventory action. It's just that now instead of cheesing the system in 5 seconds I would spend a couple of minutes on it.
Tied together with e.g. new skill tree for Cool attribute (let's call it "Chameleon") that would provide bonuses and skills for how well V can hide in plain sight by using appropiate attire, could open completely new way of playing the game.
So, you've described a stealth skill tree. That would only work in certain areas. Under certain conditions and with certain equipment. In a game, where you already have a dedicated stealth skill tree, that works everywhere with everything. Even more so, in a game, that has several ways of turning character invisible.
Okay.
it's an interesting idea, don't get me wrong, but I think its uses are... somewhat limited.

Last edited:
1. The game has to rely on the red engine of CP2077, multiplying performance issues and bugs on the already shabby system that can barely run a singleplayer game on something less than a supercomputer. (edit: admittedly I feel that the edgerunners update has improved performance,more on that later)
My computer isn't that great and right from day one, the game ran without any problems.
Apart from one visual glitch which was caused by me not having updated my graphics driver for an age.
2. Because of above, the so-called "multiplayer" is likely something like a co-op at best because the system cannot handle enough many players. Co-op is lightyears away from what I consider "multiplayer" at this day and age. It can only be called "multiplayer" by the loosest definition of the word. Co-op doesnt interest me in the slightest.
Multiplayer is literally multiple (i.e. more than one) players.
That can vary from 2 player co-op to up to hundreds of players (in one game location) in some online games, usually player-versus-player ones.
Plenty of people enjoy co-op with just a few players.
3. Even if co-op would be something we would get, what would we be doing? Same missions that are already in game? Theres so few of them that I remember all missions and maps in the game already. So would there be enough content to feel new? Considering it took them 1 year to add 3 gigs, I doubt it.
It didn't take CDPR a year to add 3 gigs.
They had a lot of work to do to make the game properly functional on consoles, which reportedly they've achieved.
We could only guess at what they had planned for multiplayer.
I could point you to what WB have told us about Gotham Knights' end-game with their mix of procedural and continuous / evolving crimes and gang warfare, but their multiplayer is 2 person co-op which you've told us is too loose for your tastes.

I prefer it this way, it makes my next playthrough less on rails. And random drops are more fun to me

They could've kept the common and rare Mods in the Vendors and everything above only craftable or as Loot. Same with the Schematics. Personally it doesn't bother me too much, but it's a bit odd nonetheless.

This bothers me because I put nothing in the Tech tree. First they "fix" the economy where there is less pick ups, bosses usually only drop schematics, and now I can't buy mods at stores. It seems if you don't put point's in Tech you can't get great equipment. You should be able to buy good gear if you can't craft it.

Last edited:
Not a fan of this decision (if it was one and not an accident/bug); there are particular items I always go for in every playthrough and thanks to the game's trippy random loot, finding items I really want like the NCPD Titanium Ice protected Ocuset is potentially going to be a nightmare (I'm aware this particular item can be found elsewhere but nowhere as early as the clothing vendor in Northside).

Have they given any explanation to this?
I was the one who reached out to the support and got the answers that this is intentional.
No they did not provide an explanation but I did not expect that from the support team.

Unfortunately I can’t confirm the response I got. I played several hours since the update and I was not able to find even one clothing mod which was not already installed in an item. So the lvl 16 perc in the crafting tree seams to be mandatory if you want to use specific and not random mods in your armor.

Even worse I was also not able to loot any mod schematic. I have learned from before the patch the armadillo, resist and street mart mods and thats it. All other mods are unobtainable beside deconstructing with the mandatory perc.

I can’t say how much I dislike that change!

Last edited:
It's a really good way to artificially inflate play time without adding substantial content

Now you can look back in fondness of farming for hours/days for a blue clothing crafting mod.

I completely understand this decision

Now you can look back in fondness of farming for hours/days for a blue clothing crafting mod.
Except that there is a bunch of crafting specs in quests and GIGs...
For example and from memories, there are four or five contenairs which contain crafting specs in the Wraiths hideout during "Riders On The Storm".

I prefer the change overall. I always thought getting crafting specs for the clothes at the store was an odd one from the get go. Then again, I like how sweet it is to legit come across a powerful item instead of just throwing down the cash.

I prefer the change overall. I always thought getting crafting specs for the clothes at the store was an odd one from the get go. Then again, I like how sweet it is to legit come across a powerful item instead of just throwing down the cash.
I can’t see why technically removing the mods completely is a good alternativ.
The search for higher tier blueprints was already removed with a prior patch where they linked it to your crafting tier.

As I wrote now you must have 16 points into tec to be able to get the mods by deconstructing. That feels really bad for me when the broken itemization is forcing you into a specific character build to min max.

I mean in the end the whole system is kinda useless since the item stats doesn’t matter that much and most of the stats are bugged and don’t do anything at all anyway (like quick hack cd reduction or some other broken stats).

View attachment 11318558

In case anyone wants a checklist of these jackets.
Nice :)
So, far from having found them all, but just by exploring (I didn't buy any), not that bad for now.
Jacket_1.jpgJacket_2.jpgJacket_3.jpg
Edit : Just find a new one, in legendary^^
Edit 2 : Lucky day, a new Crystaljoke jacket too :giggle:
15-09-2022_15-56-50-ovb5t0t2.jpg15-09-2022_16-50-35-xae2dxkh.jpg
Edit 3...
It just checked, maybe I'm wrong but one of the Crystaljoke jacket that I had, is not in the six in the list (it have green "led" on the jacket collar).

Last edited:
Top Bottom