The Unexpressed Potential of CP77 (a constructive discussion)

+
I think most of us can agree that what CDPR did with Cyberpunk 2077 is a great achievement in many aspects. From the story to the music to the artistic design, there's something to be loved by nearly everyone.

That's why i wish the game gets expanded with a more or less frequent stream of updates - i'm taking about CONTENT here and NEW MECHANICS.

So, what do you think could make this game REALLY express its full potential? What kind of addition could make you feel more invested in it?

I for one am waiting for more interactivity between V and the city. I'm not talking about sandbox elements like Barbers and whatnot. I'm talking about feeling a part of the city. People who reacts to you accordingly to your reputation, for example. Or gang leaders being pissed because you killed too many of their men, who actually send goons to pursue you throughout the city.

I'd like to see Trauma Team work as an in-game mechanic. You should have the option to subscribe a contract with them, and get resurrected when you get randomly killed on the streets (not indoors or during main missions, because that would be more hard to implement). To keep it from becoming something too OP, there should be a limited number of times you can get resurrected, before having to pay eddies to renew the insurance.

Your move. What could make this game shine even more?

I would like to share few ideas as I love the cyberpunk world and lore they created :)

1) Night City should feel like a dangerous place to travel even for veteran players -
- Limiting the items V can carry
- Limiting the usage of MaxDoc
- Cost of MaxDoc should be quite high
- Random NPCs/Gang's shots take away a chunk of health so V should always be cautious
- Local crime like running over an NPC should result in huge Fines and V should get a notification, if not paid in a specified time MaxTac will chase V. Also, the particular block where V committed a crime is locked out until he pays the fine.
- if V dies in a shootout , there can be a short cut-scene where the enemy extracts his implants and takes his weapons.
- in some random scenario - lets say after 60-70% completion- an enemy wont kill V instead take his implants, money and weapons and then V had to track them and get his stuff back with difficulty i.e. by having Common implant and weapon he found somewhere or taking a favor from Victor / Wakako / Regina
- while going from point A to B , V suddenly finds himself in random car-chases where chances of survival are slim
- Gigs should pay less
- Apartment rental payment should be an ongoing thing i.e. more apartments V have more rent he has to pay, unless he buys the apartment which should cost in accordance to the locality
- random dealings / missions with NCPD , gangs i.e. V can enter certain NCPD offices / gangs hideouts and interact with NPCs

2) some kind of interactive hub for mercenaries where actual players can meet , drink , show-off their attire

3) customized paints / decal / styles for weapons , there can even be limited time missions rewarding players with unique cosmetic styled car / clothing / weapon

4) limited time auction centers / art galleries / museums with items with insane costs (it would fit with existing lore)

I know most of above points might prove that the game is more on the lines of a survival-mode especially for new players , but It would also bring out the feeling which is often portrayed in in-game ads and its environment.

Would love to know what you guys think.

I'd like the decadence of the setting to be shown and explored with more depth, including cyberpsychosis (which is a consequence of this dehumanized world in which tech is everything). I'd like the RPG choice for the player to either accept to be corrupted by this system (and even work for the corpos as a hunter of enemies of the system, becoming an Adam Smasher kind of monster even), or choose to actively fight it like Johnny did

Last edited:
I would like to share few ideas as I love the cyberpunk world and lore they created :)

1) Night City should feel like a dangerous place to travel even for veteran players -
- Limiting the items V can carry
- Limiting the usage of MaxDoc
- Cost of MaxDoc should be quite high
- Random NPCs/Gang's shots take away a chunk of health so V should always be cautious
- Local crime like running over an NPC should result in huge Fines and V should get a notification, if not paid in a specified time MaxTac will chase V. Also, the particular block where V committed a crime is locked out until he pays the fine.
- if V dies in a shootout , there can be a short cut-scene where the enemy extracts his implants and takes his weapons.
- in some random scenario - lets say after 60-70% completion- an enemy wont kill V instead take his implants, money and weapons and then V had to track them and get his stuff back with difficulty i.e. by having Common implant and weapon he found somewhere or taking a favor from Victor / Wakako / Regina
- while going from point A to B , V suddenly finds himself in random car-chases where chances of survival are slim
- Gigs should pay less
- Apartment rental payment should be an ongoing thing i.e. more apartments V have more rent he has to pay, unless he buys the apartment which should cost in accordance to the locality
- random dealings / missions with NCPD , gangs i.e. V can enter certain NCPD offices / gangs hideouts and interact with NPCs

I will be concise:
life is already full of stakes in the @ss, I don't want any more in a game :shrug:

Last edited:
Top Bottom