The Wii U thread

+
The Wii U thread

Alternative title "Let's see how alone I become in here I guess".

Yep I have a Wii U and I love me some Nintendo. I had one since launch and think it's a great system. If you are one of the few and the proud, well we have a general Wii U thread now. I mean we can't let the Xbox and Playstation have all the fun right? Come hither and tell me what your favorite games are or what you are most excited for (or both).

As for me, my current fave is a tie between Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3. What I am most looking forward to on this system is Xenoblade Chronicles X.

I never owned a console but I have always been partial to Nintendo, perhaps because it was what my friends had. I do own a DSi and all the games I played on it were super fun. That's what I think of Nintendo and their consoles: they may not use the latest technology and whatever, but they sure know how to make fun games, specially multiplayer. This is something big AAA games sometimes forget. We (I) do not want just a super realistic tech demo, I want to have fun.

I'd like to set up a comfy TV room with a Wii U in my house some time soon and play fun Wii U games with my wife, family and friends.

Edit: Also please stop adding thread to thread titles!

I never owned a console but I have always been partial to Nintendo, perhaps because it was what my friends had. I do own a DSi and all the games I played on it were super fun. That's what I think of Nintendo and their consoles: they may not use the latest technology and whatever, but they sure know how to make fun games, specially multiplayer. This is something big AAA games sometimes forget. We (I) do not want just a super realistic tech demo, I want to have fun.

I'd like to set up a comfy TV room with a Wii U in my house some time soon and play fun Wii U games with my wife, family and friends.

I fully agree with this statement. Nintendo games are damn good fun and until the day they stop making them I will keep buying their systems :)

Nintendo is one of the last console manufacturers for couch multiplayer as well come to think of it. I can't think of many non sports or fighting titles on the PS360 that focuses on local multiplayer. Even racing games are taking on an online focus.

Edit: Also please stop adding thread to thread titles!

It was just that one time, ok twice :p

:facepalm:

But it made me crack a smile. Do you have an interest in getting one though? Or not your thing?

I'll be honest here. I love Nintendo, because they really know how to design fun games.
But I'm not their target audience.

And most of the Wii U titles that interest me are ports from platforms I already own.
I mean.. Xenoblade Chronicles is great and all, but it's not enough to justify a buy for me.

So I'll pass on the Wii U.

Last edited:
Lord Volsung speaks true, Nintendo is the king of Multiplayer, and the GameCube controller is still my favorite.

I don't have a Wii U, but I have a Wii, and I love it. And yes, I play Wii Sports Resort and its freaking awesome. I love the golf game, the bowling game, the sword fight game, I love them all :yes

And of course, every great Pokemon trainer needs a Pokedex Gameboy. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will be incredible!

Lord Volsung speaks true, Nintendo is the king of Multiplayer, and the GameCube controller is still my favorite.

I don't have a Wii U, but I have a Wii, and I love it. And yes, I play Wii Sports Resort and its freaking awesome. I love the golf game, the bowling game, the sword fight game, I love them all :yes

And of course, every great Pokemon trainer needs a Pokedex Gameboy. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will be incredible!

I think I'm kind of burnt our on Pokemon. I'll be getting Bayonetta 2 that month instead but it's still a great franchise and I'll probably grab it down the line. The Wii was a good system. Imo the only console that does FPS as well as a PC thanks to the remote acting as a lightgun and Pikmin 3 (Wii U) shows that it can do Strategy games as well.

I've been replaying Xenoblade Chronicles while I save up for a new PC.

Top Bottom