The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition Patching/Sound Issue

+
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition Patching/Sound Issue

Hello,
So, I've recently bought The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition on steam after beating the entire game some years ago with a friend. At that time I didn't have a very good headset. Some time prior to purchasing this game again on steam, I acquired a new headset...a Logitech G930 7.1 Gaming Headset. As the name suggests, it uses virtual 7.1 surround sound.

I've launched the game and to my surprise, I couldn't hear any of the characters speaking or simply any audio at all. On the other hand, I am getting everything working visually, including the subtitles. I've read somewhere that a patch fixes this?

I'm not clear on what the patching process is, as none of the patch pages seem to exist anymore, including the registration page...? I've also read that we need not really 'register' our game anymore. Further help on this is needed as to fix my audio issue. I've picked this game up and was excited, only to be disappointed. I have not played the game ever since I terminated the application, after finding out I had no audio.

I appreciate your effort in advance and thank you.
Regards,
Aaron​

I`m assuming that sound works for other games and system sounds ? If it does then try setting your headset to 5.1 for witcher 2 .

There isn't a 5.1 option I'm afraid, as far as I've seen. There is a stereo option, which when switched to, doesn't work. Is there no other fix?

Top Bottom