The Witcher 3 [Cutscene BUG]

+
Hello,

After a long break from W3, I returned to continue my story with NG+. Since yesterday i got 2 cutscenes frozen.

Let me explain how my bug works:

1. Cutscene frezze a screen with first frame of it

2. only thing i can do is skipping cutscane

3. then everything works fine

It is really annoying

(I Have tried veryfing game files, before my break everything was okay and it's not kind of issue with ng+ because it started frezzing [in game] when i came back to Kaer Morhen to fight Wild Hunt)

Are you playing with mods?

The game hasn‘t really changed the past two years. So maybe rolling back to an olde gpu driver version is worth a try too.

I have the same problem. Happened once in the main game but it's happened a couple times while playing the dlcs. *SPOILER* An example: when planning the heist into the auction house the cut scenes for all the candidates freezes on the first frame. The dialogue will go on as normal but the screen is stuck. Also I dont use any mods and have already tried verifying the game files.

It's a laptop but it has an Intel i7 core, 16gb ram and an nvidia mx150 gpu. And could you explain what you mean by different gpu drivers please?

It's a laptop but it has an Intel i7 core, 16gb ram and an nvidia mx150 gpu. And could you explain what you mean by different gpu drivers please?

I mean rolling back to older gpu versions like for example nvidia v390, but if you haven‘t updated in a while, you can also check out the latest versions. Some gpu driver versions run smoother than others.

But as far as I can tell from benchmark tests the mx150 gpu seems to be the problem, as it‘s not really designed for more challenging games. You might have to lower the settings to avoid freezes.

I deleted all of my mods...

Just chiming in, as this is probably the root of the issue. Adding mods is fine. Removing them is extremely problematic, sometimes. Once a game has been saved with mods running, it will leave reference data in the save-state that cannot be removed. If you were using something that altered how the camera worked, cutscene lighting, charaters assets, etc...this is likely the culprit.

Options are to ensure mods are 100% removed, verify the installation via GOG / Steam / Origin, then begin a brand new game. Even better bet is to reinstall to a new directory path. Alternatively, you can reinstall exactly the same mod setup you were using before, which should play nicely with your saves.

Top Bottom