The Witcher 3 Prima Guide: Edition for Expansions?

+
The Witcher 3 Prima Guide: Edition for Expansions?

Hello all, my first post here.

I had intended to purchase The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition Prima Official Game Guide to go along with the game, though the recent announcement of the Expansions has me a little hesitant.

I would like to have a complete edition guide that featured both content of the base main game as well as the two major expansions, something I view as an inevitability. At this point given that I probably won't even use the guide for my first playthrough I wonder is it even worth it to purchase this guide now or should I wait for a complete edition guide to come out?

How do you feel this would best be handled? Personally I'd be happy if in addition to a complete edition volume they announced a supplementary collector's edition guide for the expansion content so that you could still enjoy the high quality of a hardcover guide and wouldn't feel it necessary to save your orens and wait for a complete edition.

So should I wait? Or take the plunge and get the book now?

If you're playing the game on PC you can always use the wikis for tips instead of the guide. Just pause the game and [ALT] + [TAB]. Obviously, the wiki won't be filled out as soon as the game comes out. But if you're not planning on using it for your first play through then that won't matter anyways.

There are two good The Witcher wikis out there. The top link is the one endorsed by CD Projekt RED.
http://witcher.gamepedia.com/?cookieSetup=true
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Witcher_Wiki

I'm wondering the same thing. I could get the collector's edition prima guide with the grimoire thing now, or wait for another one which covers everything later? I bought the guide for W2 later down the track after the xbox version had came out (it was on clearance somewhere) and I found it pretty handy having it open next to you instead of alt-tabbing and that it covered everything.

Has there been any word from anyone official if they would do another guide later on? Or a separate one maybe?

Generally speaking Prima games don't put out revised versions even if there has been DLC/Expansions added to the game. I think the only exception was the Zelda bundle a few years ago.

However that being said they do indeed do a guide for DLC/expansions by updating the electronic version which you can access from their website. Everyone that purchases the standard or collectors guide will be given the electronic version via a code to redeem on Prima's website. Personally I'd say go ahead and get the collectors edition whilst you still can!

cheers for the info. any official/developer word on this situation? what are the plans for prima? thanks :)

Best bet is the printed version.. maybe supplemented with the electronic one on a phone or tablet next to you, for the expansions.
Collector's edition is almost sold out apparently.

Really doubt any extra printed guides will be made.

Generally speaking Prima games don't put out revised versions even if there has been DLC/Expansions added to the game. I think the only exception was the Zelda bundle a few years ago.

However that being said they do indeed do a guide for DLC/expansions by updating the electronic version which you can access from their website. Everyone that purchases the standard or collectors guide will be given the electronic version via a code to redeem on Prima's website. Personally I'd say go ahead and get the collectors edition whilst you still can!

They did one for Skyrim as well.

To the OP: As the poster I quoted said guides usually don't get a new revised guide after expansions only examples I've seen were the above(also Prima) and Borderlands 2(Brady) and they were/are over the top popular.

Depending on where you live I say go for it. Dunno' what it might be for you but in US on Amazon it was only 24 dollars, a steal.

If by some chance they make another I'd get it merely for collecting purposes.

Top Bottom