Thoughts on Exotics

+
Suhiira;n9083550 said:
Guess I should have emphasized YOU more.t).

Oh, no I can get cyberware changed, too. It's fine. My characters don't have a rare disease or anything. Usually.

Guest 4149880

Well this is 2077, a lot has changed since 2020, I'm sure Exotic's and ACPA will be in the game. Based on the official concept art of the guy in the blue jacket facing off against a giant mech, Yeah id say they're in... Hope so at least, they don't have to be on every street corner but I still want them. And as for Exotic's, id say it falls in line with character augmentation and its part of role playing so why not?

BjornTheBandit;n8619280 said:
I just read through a thread from 4 years ago regarding exotics, and I didn't want to drag that into the future, so I decided to start another and see newcomers' opinions and if veterans still have the same outlooks.

My stance is that they should be in the game (they were in 2020.) I probably won't have one, but it'd create even more character diversity. As long as they are rare.... I don't want to see 75 catfolk standing on a corner unless there's some sort of catfolk rally going on

What is "EXOTIC"

lprotonl;n9093730 said:
What is "EXOTIC"
Me and Suhiira wrote about what they are in the thread.

Calistarius;n9031580 said:
Well... if I have understood them sort of right... imagine Furries... but where it is done through Augmentation instead.

There is more to it then that I think... but that is the core of it I think, people who augment them self where the way they look is more importent maybe then what the agumentations might do or not... bodysculpting types of augmentations, you could almost call it "extreme plastic surgery" I guess. And it's not just animals or something... it could be that someone want to look like an elf, an alien, or other none-human things.
Suhiira;n9032820 said:
Furries, elves, nekos, and such are exactly what "exotics" is referring to. Basically any anthropomorphic body shape/mods. We've all seen pictures of people in costume at various cons, now just imagine seeing them walking down the street ... walla ... exotic!

if for nothing else than to add more character customization, i'm all for adding in exotics (both cyber and "exotic fashion") into the game.

I'm for exotics in principle since options are almost always a good thing. That said, (and for the reasons mentioned by some above) I'd personally rather see that dev time allocated to greater diversity of core Cyberpunk style customization.

Not the stuff you see in EVERY character creator (scars, tats, etc) but Cyberpunk specific options that you won't see in other games. Want glowing blue gums? Animated emmissive images running across your skin? Transparent polymer teeth? Anatomy that diverges from human standards (The Maelstrom's eyes were a great example)? They could really offer something fresh to gamers. And some of these could effect the COOL stat if they so chose.

Last edited:
Top Bottom