To the Cyberpunk Community

+
Look i understand you all hate the issues this game has and yes at times it can be annoying when you run into things that ruin the game for ya, but give CD PROJEKT RED a chance to finish this game. I truly believe that they will give us an amazing game and the fact that this game was rushed is one reason why its not all the way completed yet but as someone with 1,900 hours on this game even if it takes till 2023 I believe it is worth the wait. You can look into the past of this company and see that they have made some amazing games one being Witcher 3 and though I do not like the 1 time only +newgame they gave that game i still Love the game and believe its proof that CD PROJEKT RED knows what they are doing. I always read this bs online about how Cyberpunk was a complete Failure something most people are unaware of (and if you look online you can find articles about it) is the fact that the dev's got death threats over Cyberpunk which should not have been allowed to happen. Look even if it takes till 2023 or even 2024 the game is not fully broken I've played it over and over again 12 times and have only ran into a few bugs (Some which are funny as hell like cars shooting up into the air lol) so it is playable....give them time to finish it.

Moderator: Thread moved. Also, as a reminder to all, please, keep comments civil and respectful. Thank you.

Look i understand you all hate the issues this game has and yes at times it can be annoying when you run into things that ruin the game for ya, but give CD PROJEKT RED a chance to finish this game. I truly believe that they will give us an amazing game and the fact that this game was rushed is one reason why its not all the way completed yet but as someone with 1,900 hours on this game even if it takes till 2023 I believe it is worth the wait. You can look into the past of this company and see that they have made some amazing games one being Witcher 3 and though I do not like the 1 time only +newgame they gave that game i still Love the game and believe its proof that CD PROJEKT RED knows what they are doing. I always read this bs online about how Cyberpunk was a complete Failure something most people are unaware of (and if you look online you can find articles about it) is the fact that the dev's got death threats over Cyberpunk which should not have been allowed to happen. Look even if it takes till 2023 or even 2024 the game is not fully broken I've played it over and over again 12 times and have only ran into a few bugs (Some which are funny as hell like cars shooting up into the air lol) so it is playable....give them time to finish it.
The team that made Witcher 3 is no longer together so using that game in comparison to CP77 doesn't work

You believe CDPR will make the game better, Cool.

CDPR needs to prove it with actual effort. The plans to drop 1 expansion and drop the engine doesn't seem like they are really well invested

It's more like they are just planning to fulfill their obligations and run away from this game as quick as possible

It's also hard to keep people on your side and interested in your game without regular updates or content (free dlcs)

In a year or two CP77 might be as good as The Witcher 3, MIGHT. But how many will still be around to see it?

The cadence along with the lack of progress reports is what's frustrating much of the CP player base.

In retrospect, this should have been an EA release, a la BG3. Then no one has a basis to complain about cadence or the long release roadmap.

No hate from me. Just a little impatience for the next patch. *please drop next week?* and I'm really hoping the expansion isn't just changing one ending and that's it...The open-endedness of the other endings that aren't The Suicide one begs for an expansion on them...or sequel.

No, you get one chance to give a first impression and they fumbled that. I don't owe them anything and nor them me, but am i going to pretend if i wait long enough it will be in release shape? no.

The plans to [...] drop the engine doesn't seem like they are really well invested

Changing engines isn't a barometer to measure their commitment to this title. Simply put, they realized the limitations of RE and decided to go with Unreal. One can only speculate why they would go from an internal engine to a 3rd party, as if they have issues with Unreal, well, Epic has notoriously terrible customer support. If they had an issue with RE, they just fixed it themselves.

Maybe they want to release more games in the vein of Cyberpunk, but don't want to relive the nightmare of making an FPS in an engine that wasn't really made for one. Again, we can only speculate. But I digress.

Changing engines doesn't mean anything for CP2077 support. I'm under no illusions that this game will make a phoenix rise and be everything everyone wants and more, because you can't please everyone. It's simply not possible. No matter how good the game is, people will still find a reason to complain. Despite No Mans Sky overwhelmingly successful return, people STILL find a reason to poo poo all over it.

I feel like a lot of people who play games today have grown very accustomed to an on-demand culture, where everything is fed to them as quickly as possible. When something takes too long, they lose their minds. When something isn't released in a state they approve of, they lose their minds.

I feel like everyone could benefit from learning to temper their expectations for anything really. Because when you expect little, you're never disappointed.

Well I don't hate the CP2077. In fact, it's one of my favorite games. However, one cannot deny the fact that CP2077 was and is an unfinished work. And releasing something for sale with so much unfinished stuff and cut content... I'm sorry, CDPR practically begged to be heavily criticized. Time is master of reason and today the company's shares are worth 75% less than they were before the launch of CP2077. I still have some (very thin) hope that these guys will complete the game and grant it the expansion it truly deserves. I'll be clear: complete and improve the game with patch 1.6; adding new characters, new important stories and new locations is with the expansion. So, before the expansion, I think we will have a very clear idea of what CDPR really wants. If the next patch brings some really interesting things, well, then we can say that the game will be worthy of what they expected before its release and that the expansion will be excellent. However, if they released a patch with few things, I don't expect much from the expansion in 2023 either. Let's wait. Personally, I don't like all this silence. Advertising too much or silencing are the extremes. And equilibrium never resides in extremes. Yes, they could communicate with the community much better and more accurately.

There are two sides of an issue - business one, which was largely responsible for an early launch and was definitely not a good idea. Why it was released like that - its really hard to tell so I dont want to speculate. Its more complicated than "lets have it this year because we are not in a mood for delay" so I dont wanna talk about. On the development side - I think everyone can see clearly where they wanted to take it and how much they have done in a given time. I havent played Witcher but as much as everyone praise it, it doesnt mean that all product after W3 will be better. CP2077 has so many new mechanics and world composition that I dont think its so easy to compare. I hope for more expansions (and I`m pretty confident that its gonna be good as it seems like they have learned few things of what works and what doesnt in that game) but I think we can all agree that if someone doesnt like CP2077 in its current state than probably its not a game for them and will never be.

I feel like a lot of people who play games today have grown very accustomed to an on-demand culture, where everything is fed to them as quickly as possible. When something takes too long, they lose their minds. When something isn't released in a state they approve of, they lose their minds.

I feel like everyone could benefit from learning to temper their expectations for anything really. Because when you expect little, you're never disappointed.
While this is pretty true and i agree too some extent we kinda need too stop forgetting about all the disasterus launches and not buy stuff that releases in broken states! "WE" as in the gaming community. It will just keep happening if we always forgive and move on, just look at some of the sports games now days (you know witch ones i mean) its just sad too se the same game year after year because people are addicted too the fricking loot cards that you have to buy every single year.

Should we temper our expectations? Yea probably a bit, but at the same time the game companys needs too be more honest in marketing and so on. Stopping the deceving new tactics of releasing games without lootboxes and patching them in 1 month after release too get good metacritic scores and other scumbag tactics. Overhyping stuff is also a problem, but that problem is on both sides.

No hate from me. Just a little impatience for the next patch. *please drop next week?* and I'm really hoping the expansion isn't just changing one ending and that's it...The open-endedness of the other endings that aren't The Suicide one begs for an expansion on them...or sequel.
Don't expect the expansion to focus on any ending. Look for it to add to story before final mission in an Area like Pacifica where there are a lot of pre-existing assets

The team that made Witcher 3 is no longer together so using that game in comparison to CP77 doesn't work

You believe CDPR will make the game better, Cool.

CDPR needs to prove it with actual effort. The plans to drop 1 expansion and drop the engine doesn't seem like they are really well invested

It's more like they are just planning to fulfill their obligations and run away from this game as quick as possible

It's also hard to keep people on your side and interested in your game without regular updates or content (free dlcs)

In a year or two CP77 might be as good as The Witcher 3, MIGHT. But how many will still be around to see it?
The gameplay might be as good, the stability might be as good - but do you really think they can retcon the story and characters to equal what they did with W3? Really? time doesn't fix a convoluted story and game that is more about JS and his journey than V the pack animal.

I'm usually a pretty patient and understanding person, but even I'm bored now of waiting for all the obvious problems to be fixed, some of which are still there from day one. Some people bemoan that it shouldn't have been released on old gen because they couldn't handle it. Well, I play on Series X and it has the same problems, and others besides. This tells me it was never fit for release on any platform when it was. Now we're endlessly waiting for it to be fixed fully and properly.

They already delivered an amazing singleplayer game at launch in my opinion, so I definitely do not see Cyberpunk as a failure. I'm very happy with my purchase.

I think it's just that there is still so much untouched potential that it is making people a bit frustrated to see so little being done in terms of development and communication towards the community while supposedly 40% of the team is still working on Cyberpunk.

Still got my hopes up though. If they can add actual police driving around, a bunch of appartments you can buy, mini-games you can play in night city, and if they can keep adding more side-missions I think most people will be very happy.

They already delivered an amazing singleplayer game at launch in my opinion, so I definitely do not see Cyberpunk as a failure. I'm very happy with my purchase.

I think it's just that there is still so much untouched potential that it is making people a bit frustrated to see so little being done in terms of development and communication towards the community while supposedly 40% of the team is still working on Cyberpunk.

Still got my hopes up though. If they can add actual police driving around, a bunch of appartments you can buy, mini-games you can play in night city, and if they can keep adding more side-missions I think most people will be very happy.
Communication is definitely an issue, but at the same time I get them keeping their mouths shut. Toxic humans spewing abuse tends to make one apprehensive. Also they learned their lesson. Do. Not. Hype. However, not hearing anything can be frustrating, so I'm hoping they at least drop the next patch in the next couple of weeks. I'm playing my third V very very slowly for that very reason. lol

Just throwing this out there but perhaps the reason they're dropping Red Engine directly correlates to the time they were hacked.
Also, most people including myself have a reasonable understanding of how UE4 or 5 works if they have some form of Game Art background.
A lot easier to hire someone who can hit the ground running rather than worrying about training.

Top Bottom