Toruviel

+
Toruviel

Can someone explain this card to me please? I dont see how it is any good and its just a weird effect to me.

DirkAustin;n7226780 said:
Can someone explain this card to me please? I dont see how it is any good and its just a weird effect to me.

When your opponent passes, it reveals and buffs all non gold units in the row by 2.

Its a very good card. First of all, because it plays facedown its immune to all control except weather so its great in control matchups or when you just want to stall out a turn.

Also, because its an elf, you can do some dirty plays with Aeliren by playing 4 elves + Tor and passing ( I like to use Vanguards in my deck for this, solid strength + you can commando one to set the play up as well). When your opponent passes, Aeliren comes out after the Tor reveal and buffs your whole board. When it works, you can go from 12-16 strength to 40ish. Ive won a few rounds with this. Its getting to be a popular combo though so people are getting wise, so I've worked Ciaran into my deck to mimic the play which often causes my opponent to overcommit, winning me even more card advantage.

Last edited:
KasumiGoto;n7226830 said:
Yeah people keep dodging my Aelirenn + Toruviel trick ;_;

Lots of people running lacerate right now which screws it up. It tends to work best against Skel as they often run the least amount of removal. Its pretty hilarious though when you set up the same combo with Ciaran and they commit an extra 1 or 2 cards.

cheeto101;n7226850 said:
Lots of people running lacerate right now which screws it up. It tends to work best against Skel as they often run the least amount of removal. Its pretty hilarious though when you set up the same combo with Ciaran and they commit an extra 1 or 2 cards.

I may actually test Ciaran because I got him in a keg long ago, and I don't really need Horn, though I was thinking of using Ida Emean.. I think Ciaran is worth testing.

cheeto101;n7226810 said:
When your opponent passes, it reveals and buffs all non gold units in the row by 2.

Its a very good card. First of all, because it plays facedown its immune to all control except weather so its great in control matchups or when you just want to stall out a turn.

Also, because its an elf, you can do some dirty plays with Aeliren by playing 4 elves + Tor and passing ( I like to use Vanguards in my deck for this, solid strength + you can commando one to set the play up as well). When your opponent passes, Aeliren comes out after the Tor reveal and buffs your whole board. When it works, you can go from 12-16 strength to 40ish. Ive won a few rounds with this. Its getting to be a popular combo though so people are getting wise, so I've worked Ciaran into my deck to mimic the play which often causes my opponent to overcommit, winning me even more card advantage.

Thx for explaining. Lol, stupid me, i thought it was disloyal. Now all makes sense. :)

KasumiGoto;n7226880 said:
I may actually test Ciaran because I got him in a keg long ago, and I don't really need Horn, though I was thinking of using Ida Emean.. I think Ciaran is worth testing.

Hes basically a Ciri sans 2 strength that you can masquerade as Tor or Ida. I need to try running Ciri in my deck along with him. If you Isengrim round 1 for a w, you could theoretically pull off a pretty nutters second round with Ciri + Ciaran, jaevinn and maybe even a decoy+last wish combo. That might be too many cards in 1 deck banking for card advantage, but it would be pretty hilarious to pull off.

I've had my share of opponets Forfeit in round 2 or at the beginning of 3 when I've played Toruviel earlier.

Also, you can use her to bluff your opponent: put her in one of their rows. They may take her for an explosive ambush and avoid putting any more cards in that row for the round being.

This, as with any bluff, can backfire spectacularly bad, though. But at least It. Will. Be. Fun.

cheeto101;n7226810 said:

I did this as well, worked wonders at the beginning but now people see through it. I always played it with Vrihedd Vanguard + Vrihedd Dragoon + Tor. 3 Cards, up to 37 points. It's nice if it works out, even if the think it's Toruviel but forget about Aeliren, play 2 more cards to be in the lead but still don't have enough.

Sadly the deck I used this combo with is not really competitive because it's to easy to counter :/

KasumiGoto;n7226880 said:

Ciaran is in my opinion must in any control deck, after Ciri nerf I think he is better than her considering silver / gold difference. Also because Aelirenn + Toruviel is quite popular now, you will often force opponent commit two more cards than he should. With Ciaran back in hand, that is +3 card advantage.

Isi23_23;n7245120 said:
Ciaran is in my opinion must in any control deck, after Ciri nerf I think he is better than her considering silver / gold difference. Also because Aelirenn + Toruviel is quite popular now, you will often force opponent commit two more cards than he should. With Ciaran back in hand, that is +3 card advantage.

Another good thing about ciaran is that is immune to almost everything (except weather). IMO its the best silver in the game right now, an auto-include on ANY scoia deck i would say.

The more ambushes that get popular the better. Once Ciaran gets popular and people are flip flopping between thinking its him and Toruiviel, Ill have to work Ida in there just to mess with them even more :p

Top Bottom