TRAFFIC IS HORRIBLE CP v.2.0

+
Yes, I've experienced this too. It's as if the think you're in-front of them - they hit their breaks. I get the feeling these bugs won't be fixed anytime soon, because they seem to have issues with save compatibility.

The sidewalks are not safe! I repeat, the sidewalks are not safe! Avoid the sidewalks! :D

The scripts are incredibly easy to break. There are two cops arguing with Barghest outside the Dogtown gates. I walked to the driver side door to see if I could steal their patrol vehicle just for a laugh - I couldn't. What happened though is me being there broke the script and the driver is now stuck in front of that car permanently. :D

20230926043920_1.jpg

they will still do this in races which is like racing a team of 5 all out to fuck you, you end up in 5th or 1st no inbetween and it sucks to have to replay the same save with unskippable dialogue cause you accidentaly hit a rock sending your car to orbit

I have not experienced this, but I have experienced the traffic behind me randomly going nuts and smashing into me and flying off into crowds of people, multiple times, but I do have a mod that prevents the engine despawning crowds and cars behind you so it probably has something to do with that.

I don't drive a car in this game, and since I'm just starting out (level 10) I just fast travel or walk. I prefer a bike but...you need fairly high street cred to purchase one, or anything else for that matter. Seems odd to me that we need street cred to purchase a vehicle at any level, just have to go with it. I agree with a comment posted here, the streets are not safe! LOL!

I don't even remember when it was anymore, but I got to a point that I got fed up with the crappy driver AI, and just disabled all traffic. Nothing like zooming full speed on my bike through empty streets.

I drive mostly first person. I've used keyboard/mouse because my son pinched my controller and now I am using new controller I bought.
3rd person feels a little harder than it was but first person is pretty much the same. I like the new traffic system. It is much more immersive. The Ai is much better but it does still leave cars hanging sometimes. The scripting defo needs tightening up. Seeing a guy driving a fast sports car that is almost totally wrecked and on fire would have been great, if the driver had been a ragged robed skeleton laughing his head off but, just a guy in casuals sitting there like nothing was happening- not so great.

Drivers suddenly slamming on is best solved by not driving up peoples exhaust pipe. I did find it frustrating with the keyboard because acceleration is harder to control but, for the most part you know when they are going to slam on before they do and with a controller its pretty easy to avoid.
ie at lights, at the brow of a hill, at traffic, when you drive right up their chuffer etc
Frustrating sometimes? Yes but have you been driving round your local city lately?

I've had little problem with the police. None from driving incidents because I don't hit other cars very often but then I am playing a character who doesn't like to draw attention at work and also likes cybernetics to be a choice rather than a necessity. Getting away from the police, for me, has been quite easy although I did once have to incapacitate an officer. I haven't been past 3 stars so I cant speak to what happens then.

I've not done any real car combat yet other than a very satisfying drive by shooting/hack of a small Maelstrom group, but I imagine I will revert to keyboard for that and one thing I would like to see is some way to have a cruise speed. It could be as simple as acceleration stopping once you hit say 40 and only continuing if you quickly release and press the forward key. Driving with keys involves enough tap dancing as it is. Not having to tap out the acceleration would help a lot.

The sounds I did not like at first but they have grown on me apart from the new preorder car which does sound good but always gives me the feeling I am being attacked when it reaches a certain rev count. Maybe just tone them down a bit.

Yeah, they really need to fix the traffic. You see cars freezing in front of you every 50 meters. Is a little bit hard to complete El Capitan's car missions without damaging the cars. Even if you drive carefully some car freezes in front of you.

Can you please fix this?

Last edited:
Yeah, as a new player I must admit that the traffic is a really janky part of the game. Cars just stopping in the middle of the road for no reason. I end up just fast traveling a lot more than I would otherwise because there's so many traffic jams.

Just started a new playthrough after 2.0 update. I agree. This is beyond annoying, hopefully they can fix this issue in the near future.

Same issue, crowd is not massive like console versions and many times traffic stops working. I didn't have these issues before 2.0

Deekoe. There is a mod to fix that.... if you want the link just PM me, cause i don't know if we can post links here.

Cars randomly stopping was fixed, in I think either 1.5 or 1.6? The problem came back in 2.0. It's been fixed once, I'm sure it can be fixed again.

Top Bottom