Traveling merchant bug

+
Card: Travelling Merchant
Issue: When played as last card, Travelling Merchant still let's you draw an extra card.

Details: Card text says "Deploy (Ranged): Shuffle a card from your hand into your deck, then draw a card." Any cards in the past similar in function to this require the first condition to be met before the second condition is met. In this case, expected behavior should be 1. play the card on Ranged row, 2. check to see if any cards are in same player's hand, and 3. if yes, then draw a card, otherwise, do nothing.

That did not happen in the match I just played. Travelling Merchant was definitely the last card played, yet opponent still drew an extra card.

Played in Classic, game version 2.0.0.65_560, on PC.

Attachments

• TMBug.jpg
    TMBug.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 386
Yes,please fix this bug.My oppenent played him as last card and what he draw? Another copy of this dude wich allows him to draw another card to.In total he played 2 more cards and i could t do nothing.

As of now the bug is being heavily abused on the ranked ladder. Knowingly, of course. Honestly, I quite hope that there will be repercussions. Not asking for bans, but rank resets or perhaps temporary bans should serve as a warning into the future.

Please CDPR take a few minutes to test your game before releases.

Is there a place to report players abusing bugs?

rrc

Forum veteran
Please CDPR take a few minutes to test your game before releases.

Is there a place to report players abusing bugs?
I would never abuse this and I despise those who abuse it, but, you can't ban them from the game. They didn't crack the game. The game was released with a huge bug. If anything, the QA team should be held accountable.

But in CounterStrike, Fantic team once abused a pixel error and won a game (from 0-14 to 16-14) and actually, they were debarred from the tournament, taking away their victory. But that was a game played for real money.

So, I don't know what would CDPR do. But what CDPR must do is to release a Hot Fix for the issue ASAP, like today.

As of now the bug is being heavily abused on the ranked ladder. Knowingly, of course. Honestly, I quite hope that there will be repercussions. Not asking for bans, but rank resets or perhaps temporary bans should serve as a warning into the future.
Totally agree. Cheats.

Did anyone who used it once on accident get banned, too? Or only those CDPR was sure of abused the bug on purpose?

I can't speak for CDPR, but it's safe to assume that players who have accidentally used this bug aren't penalized. Only those that have consistently abused the bug have been reprimanded.

Top Bottom