Trophy - Geralt and friends

+
Hello everyone.

I'm trying to understand this trophy. i do understand it being part of the Gwent duelling, but i can't seem to see any difference of what gwent card(s) is neutral type and what is not neutral type. I understand that i need to win one round of Gwent duel using only Neutral type cards. I did look at the gwent deck setting and i can't see anything that could hint that this is a neutral card type while this is non-neutral card. Thankful for any help!

Neutral cards are the ones that you can put in any deck, like Clear Weather. I think they also don't have the faction specific banner in them, but I might be mistaken too, since it has been a while since the last time I played.

Here is one list: https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Gwent_neutral_cards
that is what makes things confusing because there are no way too see if the neutral cards are bounded to a faction specific banner in them or not as it's not showing any hint that would be helpful.

there are no way too see if the neutral cards are bounded to a faction specific banner in them or not
That's the point, no banner > neutral card ;)
Faction card :
Tw3_gwent_card_face_Cahir_Mawr_Dyffryn_aep_Ceallach.jpegTw3_gwent_card_face_Leshen.jpeg
Neutral Card :
Tw3_gwent_card_face_Gaunt_ODimm.jpeg
As you can see, there is no faction banner on the left of neutral cards, so they can be added to any deck :)

That's the point, no banner > neutral card ;)
Faction card :
View attachment 11386036View attachment 11386039
Neutral Card :
View attachment 11386042
As you can see, there is no faction banner on the left of neutral cards, so they can be added to any deck :)
Thank you for the insight, but it still makes things confusing. Take Vesemir for example as he is not bound to any faction yet the banner is there for every colours
Post automatically merged:

i don't know anymore.

When i visit the gwent deck through the game setting to understand it better i just don't seem to understand at all. Vesemir is supposed to be an Neutral card, yet he has a banner on the left side. The banner for the Northern Realms faction is there for Vesermir, the banner for the Scoia'tael faction is there for Vesemir, the banner for the Monster faction is there for Vesemir and the banner for the Nilfgaardian Empire faction is there for Vesemir. Same applies to Zoltan Chivay and Villentretenmerth as they are supposed to be an neutral card, yet the banners are there in all factions. i can only conclude it as an bug?

Last edited:
Thank you for the insight, but it still makes things confusing. Take Vesemir for example as he is not bound to any faction yet the banner is there for every colours
It's been a while since I played, but I think the corresponding "faction banner" on neutral cards is added when you include them in a deck. So for example, if you check Vesemir, the card can be included in all decks and so, can have all banners when added (the same goes for all heros, like Geralt, Ciri, Roach, Vesemir, Triss,... and I think all "special" like decoy or weather cards)

It's been a while since I played, but I think the corresponding "faction banner" on neutral cards is added when you include them in a deck. So for example, if you check Vesemir, the card can be included in all decks and so, can have all banners when added (the same goes for all heros, like Geralt, Ciri, Roach, Vesemir, Triss,... and I think all "special" like decoy or weather cards)
Meaning that there is no way to know which card is a neutral card type forcing me to mindless gwent duel grind for what could take hours.
a deeper google search shows nothing that could give the answer even the one provied from you and the link from Sunsibar as it hasn't been updated to correspond to today witcher patch version. This is frustating when trying to do an platinum run.

a deeper google search shows nothing that could give the answer even the one provied from you and the link from Sunsibar as it hasn't been updated to correspond to today witcher patch version. This is frustating when trying to do an platinum run.
It's been a while, but I don't think cards really changed. The list off neutral cards on the wiki should be quite accurate.

i disagree. a banner is a banner that is part of the said faction classes and if a neutral card that are not part of or locked to a faction classes shall have without the banner to better difference them is what makes most sense because a hero does not tell me that much as there is no hint in the gwent deck building screen that tells a card is a hero type. a Monster card type could be a hero for all illogical sense i could care.

Well, disagree if you want. Personally, ever had any issue to make the difference between cards. You asked, you got an answer. An answer which may not pleased you, but it is what it is ;)

Top Bottom