Ultimate kegs replacing base kegs

+
however, if the removal of every other decent keg in the shop happens so quickly afterwards, then I'm screwed because I already spent most of my ore on the Base Set kegs. Plus, there's also the next expansion to think about, which is probably only a month away. I'm not even free to play; they really shouldn't have their paying customers worrying like this.

I think CDPR will remove old expansion kegs from the shop (and keeps recent expansion kegs) and add neutral kegs to the shop. This might be a bit uncomfortable to players who don't have the most cards from that specific expansion yet. However, players still can acquire cards by opening factions + neutral kegs and does not need to open the expansion kegs. The expansion kegs need to open when a) players have almost entire collections and b) CDPR launch a new set.

Actually, I quite happy that CDPR adds the neutral kegs. New players can complete their collection by factions. Veteran players can complete their neutral cards easier. Elite players can also open neutral kegs to find some premium neutral, too.

I think CDPR will remove old expansion kegs from the shop
You do not need to "think" here. It's already confirmed and announced fact - they will remove them.

Burza: "we want to drop old expansion kegs"

Actually, I quite happy that CDPR adds the neutral kegs. New players can complete their collection by factions. Veteran players can complete their neutral cards easier.
Faction kegs are so much worse than expansion kegs as their content is infinite - you can NOT finish them and they offer much more RNG. New players will have worse access to the cards they are looking for as more cards in keg = more RNG to get the one they want. Veteran players won't care about neutral kegs, they need only the newest expansion kegs as they have all other cards.

Last edited:
Veteran players won't care about neutral kegs, they need only the newest expansion kegs as they have all other cards.

You're right. If players have all cards then they won't care about kegs at all. They might also have tons of scrap which can craft all cards in new expansion right away without open any kegs unless they want premium version. then, they may open kegs.

I have a feeling that the wording Veteran I used in previous replied is mislead. I mean players who have majority of card in each expansion except the neutral cards in base set due to the base set is huge. Neutral kegs can help them. (maybe not them only me XD)

and thanks for the confirmation :D

It's already confirmed and announced fact - they will remove them.

Burza: "we want to drop old expansion kegs"
But any idea when? They wouldn't just remove them without giving an official warning, would they? They created this forum topic a week before they removed the Base Set kegs, so I would expect at least the same treatment if they intend to remove even more content from the game.

I still find it hard to believe that more of the player base isn't freaking out about these changes. Does everyone but me already have a complete collection of cards? I've been playing for a good six months now, and I've opened up around a thousand kegs; however, I'm still missing some 200 cards, mostly Legendaries. The Faction kegs may not be completely terrible at the moment, but after a few more expansions, it will be nearly impossible to pull new cards because there will just be too many cards in each of the kegs.

I still find it hard to believe that more of the player base isn't freaking out about these changes. Does everyone but me already have a complete collection of cards?
The thing is: 90+% of new players do NOT have any idea what's happening - especially when most (all?) guides suggest them to buy faction kegs (which is lol for me) and 90+% of veteran players do NOT care about older card sets as they have them all. The rest does not have enough volume to speak and to be heard and are often jammed by the others.

The thing is: 90+% of new players do NOT have any idea what's happening - especially when most (all?) guides suggest them to buy faction kegs (which is lol for me)
Before they replaced Base Set with Ultimate Kegs and the upcoming neutral kegs I would have completely agreed that faction kegs are the worst, (apart from maybe right after someone started playing Gwent, to get some Cards from the faction he wants to play in the beginning) but with the recent changes and introduction of neutral kegs they're not that bad anymore.

When will the old expension leave the store?

No one knows, could be they already start removing them with the next patch or with the next expansion by either removing only Crimson Curse Kegs or all Kegs from the Year of the wild boar (Crimson Curse, Novigrad, Iron Judgement, Moo)

From personal experience I would probably say that after around 30-40 Expension kegs you mainly end up getting duplicates anyway and that it doesn't make much sense for newer players who are still missing a lot of Cards to buy more kegs of that expansion especially after the ultimate keg change.

Before they replaced Base Set with Ultimate Kegs and the upcoming neutral kegs I would have completely agreed that faction kegs are the worst, (...) but with the recent changes and introduction of neutral kegs they're not that bad anymore.
Introduction of neutral kegs does NOT change anything. Expansion kegs have finite content - you can buy them till you have most cards from selected expansion and then craft the rest. Faction kegs have infinite content - every new expansion increases the amount of cards they have and decreases the chance to get the card you want. Removing the expansion kegs from the store makes things much worse for new players as the cards from the older expansion will be hidden behind the wall of bigger RNG.

Introduction of neutral kegs does NOT change anything. Expansion kegs have finite content - you can buy them till you have most cards from selected expansion and then craft the rest. Faction kegs have infinite content - every new expansion increases the amount of cards they have and decreases the chance to get the card you want. Removing the expansion kegs from the store makes things much worse for new players as the cards from the older expansion will be hidden behind the wall of bigger RNG.
I didn't meant that they are great now, but the addition of neutral kegs at least improved them a bit especially for players which focus mainly on one Faction ( or followed the weird suggestions that they should buy faction kegs) but before that they were awfully bad because you excluded yourself from the neutral card pool and already decreased the value you would get from opening expansion and base set kegs later on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom