unable to load backups

+
Hi everyone

Since yesterday I've had a problem because I can't launch the game from the savegame when I start a game from the apartment.
The game says "impossible to load the savegame - the file has been saved with a more recent version of the game".

And that's true whether it's the last save or any other save and whether it's an automatic or manual save.

Thanks if you have a solution

Windows 11 with gtx 1060 Ti card - Version 2.11 CYBERPUNK 2077

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Attachments

• 20240222_210303.jpg
    20240222_210303.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
Just to be sure, on the bottom of the game menu, your game is well in 2.11 and the saves you try to load are also tagged in 2.11 (on the top right if I remember)?
If yes, it's quite strange, knowing 2.11 is the last version for now, so your saves couldn't have been created on a newer version of the game, it's just impossible :(
No mods? (even if with a "mod issue", you should rather have a "corrupted saves" message instead).

Hm, if your game already has the latest version and you didn't change anything, then I also don't know what's going on.

As LeKill3rFou pointed out, if you have any mods installed that could cause issues like that too in some cases.

However, if you are just playing the regular version without mods, you can report it to CDPR support with this link:
(but please read the information in this article first)

Aside from that, I guess it's also possible that your latest save games are bugged somehow.
So deleting the newest save game(s) could also be worth a try (but make a copy first).

Just to be sure, on the bottom of the game menu, your game is well in 2.11 and the saves you try to load are also tagged in 2.11 (on the top right if I remember)?
If yes, it's quite strange, knowing 2.11 is the last version for now, so your saves couldn't have been created on a newer version of the game, it's just impossible :(
No mods? (even if with a "mod issue", you should rather have a "corrupted saves" message instead).
Hello, i'm french too ;)

I don't have any mods installed and indeed it seems impossible.

The problem is that I can't find the version of the game on the game screen, nor the saves as you told me :(
Post automatically merged:

Hm, if your game already has the latest version and you didn't change anything, then I also don't know what's going on.

As LeKill3rFou pointed out, if you have any mods installed that could cause issues like that too in some cases.

However, if you are just playing the regular version without mods, you can report it to CDPR support with this link:
(but please read the information in this article first)

Aside from that, I guess it's also possible that your latest save games are bugged somehow.
So deleting the newest save game(s) could also be worth a try (but make a copy first).

As I said to LeKill3rFou no mods installed by me anyway and I can't find or see the game version on the game launch screen...

The problem is that if I uninstall the saves, I have to uninstall all the saves because none of them work.

The problem is that if I uninstall the saves, I have to uninstall all the saves because none of them work.

I had a situation once with Witcher where one save game was the issue but it caused an error message for all save game. But deleting that save game was enough to fix it. But it was not the same error message and that might not be the solution for your issue as well. Just a possibility.

Also check if there are updates for Cyberpunk on Steam/GOG/Epic (wherever you bought it from). And don’t forget to do verify/repair as suggested from the support website link that I mentioned.

Btw. CDPRs forum has a french section too:

Anyhow, if nothing helps it might be best to send a ticket to support as I suggested before.

I had a situation once with Witcher where one save game was the issue but it caused an error message for all save game. But deleting that save game was enough to fix it. But it was not the same error message and that might not be the solution for your issue as well. Just a possibility.

Also check if there are updates for Cyberpunk on Steam/GOG/Epic (wherever you bought it from). And don’t forget to do verify/repair as suggested from the support website link that I mentioned.

Btw. CDPRs forum has a french section too:

Anyhow, if nothing helps it might be best to send a ticket to support as I suggested before.

I try to send a ticket to the support - Thanks

Hello, i'm french too ;)

I don't have any mods installed and indeed it seems impossible.

The problem is that I can't find the version of the game on the game screen, nor the saves as you told me :(
It should be noticed somewhere on the menu (I think), like that. Also, if the game is up to date on your launcher, the game is definitely in 2.11 :)
Cyberpunk 2077-2024_02_24-10_55_37.jpegCyberpunk 2077-2024_02_24-10_56_05.jpeg
Like suggested by @devivre, you could try to remove your last save from the save folder (just move it somewhere else) and check if it work.
But it's a really strange (and annoying) issue :(

It should be noticed somewhere on the menu (I think), like that. Also, if the game is up to date on your launcher, the game is definitely in 2.11 :)
View attachment 11384371View attachment 11384374
Like suggested by @devivre, you could try to remove your last save from the save folder (just move it somewhere else) and check if it work.

Thank's for the help

Indeed I was on the 1st save on the 2.0 and on the last on the 2.11 so I guess the game is in 2.11 (see screenshot)

I deleted all the other saves from the game's main screen and from the PC's save file but to no avail.

However, in the top right-hand corner I don't have any information about the version of the game (I'm not on Phantom Liberty but on the basic game).

So I'll see if support responds, otherwise I'll just have to uninstall...
View attachment 11384371View attachment 11384374

Attachments

• Capture d'écran 2024-02-24 132820.png
    Capture d'écran 2024-02-24 132820.png
    600.1 KB · Views: 11
  • version pc  cyberpunk 2077.png
    version pc cyberpunk 2077.png
    381.2 KB · Views: 15
Thank's for the help

Indeed I was on the 1st save on the 2.0 and on the last on the 2.11 so I guess the game is in 2.11 (see screenshot)

I deleted all the other saves from the game's main screen and from the PC's save file but to no avail.

However, in the top right-hand corner I don't have any information about the version of the game (I'm not on Phantom Liberty but on the basic game).

So I'll see if support responds, otherwise I'll just have to uninstall...
I see your saves have the little cloud icon on them, so I guess these saves are uploaded on GOG server (cross-progression).
Did you try these three "separately"?
Maybe also try to disable cross-progression in the game settings in case there is something wrong with it?

Top Bottom