VTMB2 Old Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So who is actually developing? CCP or White Wolf? I'm confused.

CCP owned White Wolf and it's WoD IP for a time. They began developing a MMO based on the IP but ended up canning the project and subsequently selling White Wolf, the WoD IP and everything they managed to make of the MMO to PDX in 2014 i believe it was.

As for who is developing this, nobody knows. White Wolf is like R.Talsorian Games or Wizards of the Coast, not a software development company. There are rumors of a potential developer, but nothing else. PDX would be the publisher in this equation.

Had my hopes years ago that obsidian would make new WoD game, but since they are acquired by Microsoft it's highly unlikely.

They're also neck deep in their new IP, The Outer Worlds. So while they would be a near perfect fit, it's 100% not them.

Maybe there's no game at all. Paradox are just testing interest before deciding to announce something. Or maybe they already decided, but, like CP77, it's merely an announcement of development.

Maybe there's no game at all. Paradox are just testing interest before deciding to announce something. Or maybe they already decided, but, like CP77, it's merely an announcement of development.

You mean like CDPR did back in 2013?

Perhaps.. except they seem really involved in this project, going to rather great lengths to building up hype, quite cleverly even, no less by flying people cross country to planned events through the ARG.
unbenanntzajue.png

If all this buildup is to announce an announcement of something that's coming 4-5 years from now, it kinda defeats the purpose of going to such lengths.

-EDIT-
This seems very likely since I've seen rumors of this game for like 5 years now. So yeah, show the goods or STFU at this point.

Well, it's kinda what they've been doing for the past month.. and if the recent footage is actual in-engine rendered stuff.. it's pretty damn close. Something is definately going to be shown. The question is what.

Last edited:
This seems very likely since I've seen rumors of this game for like 5 years now. So yeah, show the goods or STFU at this point.

It certainly looks more substantial than a simple, mobile game. I wouldn't be terribly surprised it if turns out to be an MMO, but I think it would do far better if it provides a solid SP focus.

It certainly looks more substantial than a simple, mobile game. I wouldn't be terribly surprised it if turns out to be an MMO, but I think it would do far better if it provides a solid SP focus.

My impression as well.

A MMORPG is not completely out of the picture ofc. It just seems a bit disjointed compared to current trends in relation to the gaming market.

After the successes of other SP games it would make more sense it would follow suit. Also Vampyr, a modest entry in terms of production values and exposure did really well too.

Well I suppose there's nothing to do now but speculate wildly on a forum for 7 years.
Fingers crossed for it being FPP, amarite?

Well I suppose there's nothing to do now but speculate wildly on a forum for 7 years.
Fingers crossed for it being FPP, amarite?

I mean, I don't think anyone is expecting something out in the next 6 months but 7 fuckin' years on top of the what? 10 already, would be too much for me lol.

I think PDX is a solid developer/publisher. Their method seems to be to continue development on released games, meaning there are DLCs coming out for games that were released seven years ago. They could make some of the old content part of the base game, sure, but I have a lot more faith in them than I do in some other companies. Particularly since they're one of the developers that're the most transparent with their creative process and responds to feedback/criticism. No other company I'm aware of has as big forum presence as PDX.

That said, a VtM game would be far outside their area of expertise. I sincerely doubt they are making a MMO, and think rather they will be focused on delivering a solid RPG experience. Sweden has a pretty prominent tabletop RPG scene, and I wouldn't be surprised if the guys and gals over in Stockholm would be trying to provide that real roleplaying feels true to the soul of the original VtM. If anything, this Tender spectacle seems to reinforce that idea to me.

I think PDX is a solid developer/publisher. Their method seems to be to continue development on released games, meaning there are DLCs coming out for games that were released seven years ago. They could make some of the old content part of the base game, sure, but I have a lot more faith in them than I do in some other companies. Particularly since they're one of the developers that're the most transparent with their creative process and responds to feedback/criticism. No other company I'm aware of has as big forum presence as PDX.

That said, a VtM game would be far outside their area of expertise. I sincerely doubt they are making a MMO, and think rather they will be focused on delivering a solid RPG experience. Sweden has a pretty prominent tabletop RPG scene, and I wouldn't be surprised if the guys and gals over in Stockholm would be trying to provide that real roleplaying feels true to the soul of the original VtM. If anything, this Tender spectacle seems to reinforce that idea to me.

Indeed.

I also don't think it's being developed by them. It's probably a different developer as was the case with different genre games published by them like PoE or Tyranny or Battletech. PDX development team specializes in Grand Strategy games, so much so they themselves admited trying anything else will and has lead them to dead ends. So it may not have the same treatment as say Ck2 or EU 4 in redards to post release content.

Who the developer is, is the real unknown for whoever it is, it's a bold undertaking. If all the signs pointing to a new entry in the Vampire the Masquerade series are to be true.

Thats interesting, Ive been gamer over 20+ year and dont know who they are. They should do somekind of "bang" imho and this doesnt certainly look like one.

Indeed.

I also don't think it's being developed by them. It's probably a different developer as was the case with different genre games published by them like PoE or Tyranny or Battletech. PDX development team specializes in Grand Strategy games, so much so they themselves admited trying anything else will and has lead them to dead ends. So it may not have the same treatment as say Ck2 or EU 4 in redards to post release content.

Who the developer is, is the real unknown for whoever it is, it's a bold undertaking. If all the signs pointing to a new entry in the Vampire the Masquerade series are to be true.
Thats interesting, Ive been gamer over 20+ year and dont know who they are. They should do somekind of "bang" imho and this doesnt certainly look like one.

(I think he's just abbreviating "Paradox Interactive". If there is an actual developer known as PDX...I've never heard of them either. :p)

Quite agree with the statements, although I get the gist that perhaps this has been in development for quite a while already. I think that tease about the "dating" site was just brilliant. Wouldn't be surprised if the "bang" is soon to follow. Maybe a big reveal with a sizeable chunk of info at E3. (That's how I'd play it.)

Paradox has been branching out more and more with time. Most of their stuff is pretty good, too, imo! I think it's safe to say that they've been more publisher than developer, overall. Maybe they did put together their own team to do this. There are definitely enough talented devs that have worked with them over time that it wouldn't seem like such a hard sell.

(I think he's just abbreviating "Paradox Interactive". If there is an actual developer known as PDX...I've never heard of them either. :p)

Quite agree with the statements, although I get the gist that perhaps this has been in development for quite a while already. I think that tease about the "dating" site was just brilliant. Wouldn't be surprised if the "bang" is soon to follow. Maybe a big reveal with a sizeable chunk of info at E3. (That's how I'd play it.)

Paradox has been branching out more and more with time. Most of their stuff is pretty good, too, imo! I think it's safe to say that they've been more publisher than developer, overall. Maybe they did put together their own team to do this. There are definitely enough talented devs that have worked with them over time that it wouldn't seem like such a hard sell.

Here's a wild (but maybe not so wild) assumption on who the devs might be:

Hardsuit Labs

That picture kinda looks like L.A. ? Never been there, anywhere near USA in fact so maybe someone might make a better assertion.

Authors of:

Blacklight: Retribution

Pure speculation at this point ofc, but even tho it's apparently their only project, the game has a Very Positive user score on steam of the almost 17 000 reviews:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom