Update 2.0 date revealed!

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED

THE MOMENT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR

Update 2.0 for Cyberpunk 2077 is coming on September 21!

All I can say is that they must be _extremely_ confident that Update 2.0 will have no serious problems. Less than a week to iron out unforeseen bugs isn't much time.

yeah, I'm disappointed....

Great stuff. Psyched for the release!

A 2.0 build planner was mentioned, anyone know where to find it?

Didn't know there was a thread for this so I'll just copy paste.

Gotta admit I'm surprised at the September 21st release date for 2.0.

That's only 5 days between the patch and PL. With a weekend in there so really only 3 days to work out any problem 2.0 might bring along before throwing another bunch of content on top.

I'm hoping it's because testing has been extensive and CDPR is extremely confident there won't be any major issue.
Post automatically merged:

Great stuff. Psyched for the release!

A 2.0 build planner was mentioned, anyone know where to find it?

It's literally the first thing on the official website's page

It wasn't there a moment ago when I checked ^^

Speaking of builds. Noticed gunplay was conspiciously absent. In the current version of the game, it's not really playing well alongside any OS (Sandevistan, Cyberdeck nor Berserk), so hoping CDPR have given firearms something fun interactions to match what we saw for melee and hacking.

Missed opportunity to release it on September 20 (cuz 2.0), Sept 20 is also a Wednesday, such a missed meme opportunity my dudes.

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Missed opportunity to release it on September 20 (cuz 2.0), Sept 20 is also a Wednesday, such a missed meme opportunity my dudes.
Perhaps...

But if you take the digits of the year and add them up (2+0+2+3=7) and then multiply by the month number (7x9=63) and then take the day and multiply it by the update number 2.0 (21x2.0=42) and THEN subtract one from another (63-42), you get... 21!

Super excited to have my first playthrough of Cyberpunk be on 2.0, but I do have just one question, with the new weapons and modifications being added with Phantom Liberty, would they also appear in base game districts or be exclusive until you reach Dogtown? As hard as the wait has been I'd be ready to wait a few more days for the full experience if they would also appear in the base game with the DLC installed

I was very impressed by the cinematic trailer. I could have done without the additional gameplay, because I would have liked to discover that when I started playing. I hope there is still a lot left to discover. As for the release date, they went with September 21st. That gives us 5 days to start a new playthrough and slowly grind our way to the Voodoo Boys side mission.

Maybe there is still hope that CDPR updated the character customization with more options. Still crossing my fingers that ADAM SMASHER boss fight is harder, since we now have access to more powerful weapons and cyberware. I'm almost positive that CDPR would have updated most of Night City's enemy NPC combat.

But overall, I am still crossing my fingers that the expansion gives the game a lot of replay value for the next six months. As it was mentioned in the stream, Solomon Reed has been in Night City for 7 years. Could there be additional gameplay that will be told via braindance? Idris Elba makes a brief reference of DOGTOWN's scale. I can assume it's big enough to keep gamers entertained, aside from the main narrative. Giving gamers the option to leave and complete it at their leisure. Overall, it appears that gamers are in for one wild ride in the newly improved Night City.

Super excited to have my first playthrough of Cyberpunk be on 2.0, but I do have just one question, with the new weapons and modifications being added with Phantom Liberty, would they also appear in base game districts or be exclusive until you reach Dogtown? As hard as the wait has been I'd be ready to wait a few more days for the full experience if they would also appear in the base game with the DLC installed
To be honest, I won't take any risk and wait to play until the expansion release. Beside, to me it make no sense to start a new playthrough while the expansion is released few days later.
I mean, I wait for the expansion since almost three years, I'll manage to wait few days more :giggle:

Dogtown will be available only with PL, so the rest shouldn't be tied to Dogtown. But as @LeKill3rFou mentioned it would be probably better to start with the expansion installed.

Dogtown will be available only with PL, so the rest shouldn't be tied to Dogtown. But as @LeKill3rFou mentioned it would be probably better to start with the expansion installed.
Well, I could be wrong and specific Phantom Liberty stuff will be only available in DogTown, but I wouldn't be surprised if PL items will also be add in loot tables. For example, finding an expansion exclusive jacket in a "GIG loot container" in Watson.
Beside, it's just 5 days... worth to wait if you ask me :giggle:

it would be probably better to start with the expansion installed.
Won't the expansion be part of the 2.0 patch and just activate based on the license?
That's how it is often done, just a single game client installation.

That's only 5 days between the patch and PL.
Yeah, let's see what our modding community can make out of it. With zero information what to expect, how much everything will be shaken up.
I'm afraid we will have to start PL without mods.

Won't the expansion be part of the 2.0 patch and just activate based on the license?
That's how it is often done, just a single game client installation.

Yeah, let's see what our modding community can make out of it. With zero information what to expect, how much everything will be shaken up.
I'm afraid we will have to start PL without mods.
In GOG I have PL as another installation option.

Top Bottom