NEW FEATURES ARE COMING TO CYBERPUNK 2077 ALONG WITH PHANTOM LIBERTY!

+
In the live stream they said that the new vehicle gigs will unlock other upgrades/cars/etc... I think they used missiles as an example, which were also shown in the trailer.
So we get spinny boy machine guns and missiles? It's difficult to decide which of those two options is the cool one. Sorry, I couldn't help it. :)

FSR 3 coming and it supported even on Nvidia 2000-3000 series, meaning it will help get more FPS, espcially with the new system req, also will help CPU preformance.

Yep, during the stream, it was confirmed that the update will be release "a bit before the expansion".
Then at the end, a bit became : "few days, a week,... who know".
A few days sound about right.

It seems like they're still actively working on the update as well as the DLC, trying to get as much in it, and make it as polished, as possible. I don't think they want a repeat of the original release technical issues, because this update is the transition to whatever major thing they have coming up next.

A week would give them time to continue working and bug testing, but still release the update early enough to sort out any unexpected bugs from the update vs the DLC.

Yep, during the stream, it was confirmed that the update will be release "a bit before the expansion".
Then at the end, a bit became : "few days, a week,... who know".
Actually she said the patch will release "a few days, weeks, who knows, earlier" (
at 1:19:40).
To me this sounded like deliberately trying to blurr the very clear "a bit before the expansion" from earlier in the stream.
They were very clear about the next stream "in a few weeks", and they won't make a stream after the patch has rolled.
So rolling 2.0 a week before PL launch sounds right. Which gives no opportunity to fix anything before PL launch except maybe real game breakers / crash bugs.
I don't expect our modders will get things back up and working in a week with nobody knowing exactly how the fundamental mechanic changes in the game work.

Well, what CP2077 original launch taught me, was that what you see is exactly what you get. Nothing more. In other words, CDPR went wherever the fence was lowest.

As an example: The trailer shows V's car doing a spin while shooting with mounted machineguns. The trailer advertises mounted vehicle combat. I wouldn't be surprised if those machineguns mounted on a car is the full extent of "vehicle mounted combat". One item. Now we don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised. You would expect something else, but that one item is enough to fulfill the promise.
That’s exactly what I fear, they’ve managed to set the bar low for themselves.

However I have a last bit of hope. I’m trying to convince myself they aren’t dumb enough to make the same mistake twice.

They have announced such an enormous amount of future projects with so much potential to them, I doubt they could allow themselves to take another PR hit.

Excited for the Endless events and missions that will make the game feel bigger / longer.
Glad they are reworking the perks and skills.
I hope they took a lot of the community's feedback and ideas and implemented them into this new expansion.

Guest 2645183

Would be cool if there was a release date for the 2.0 patch so folks with ... thousands of hours into the game know when we can get playing again with the new systems while we wait for PL.

Would be cool if there was a release date for the 2.0 patch so folks with ... thousands of hours into the game know when we can get playing again with the new systems while we wait for PL.
Personally I would just wait until Phantom Liberty drops to start playing again. If it's anything like Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine it should add content and improvements to the base game.

Personally I would just wait until Phantom Liberty drops to start playing again. If it's anything like Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine it should add content and improvements to the base game.

2.0 is confirmed to add several changes and new elements to the base game and all of the 2.0 content is in the base game so everything but specific mission/people/places but all of the new systems are in, it's expected to drop about a week before PL, so In theory if you started a 2.0 playthrough 2-5 days before PL releases the new story content would become available around the same time you got up to that point in the story.... unless of course you just rush through the story or wanted to use the skip to PL option, which is also confirmed to be available.

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Check out this handy infographic about the main features coming to Cyberpunk 2077 together with the Phantom Liberty expansion — and the ones that will be added to the game in the free Update 2.0!

CP2077_PHL_2.0_1920x1080_EN_(1).png

Check out this handy infographic about the main features coming to Cyberpunk 2077 together with the Phantom Liberty expansion — and the ones that will be added to the game in the free Update 2.0!

View attachment 11360383
Ok, the 2.0 update is already worth it for a brand new playthrough... So with Phantom Liberty, it will be awesome.
It's great that Growl FM is included in the update, I can't wait listenning it :cool:

It's gonna be an amazing September, that's for sure! Been holding off for months now from playing so can't wait to live in Night City once again with Johnny, gonna be even more wild than the last time with all the new goodies :D

Top Bottom