Update Blues

+
Absolutely not enjoying this new update. You can't complete a street level gig without NCPD shooting you for taking out some tiger claws who have civilians at gunpoint. If these cops were reprogrammed to be smarter, why aren't they shooting at the gang members 20 feet from them? I mean, they obviously have the manpower, cause the entire weight of the NCPD falls on you when you bump a pedestrian on the road! And what's the deal with only having access to 2 air hypos and grenades at a time? Especially when your enemies all seem to have an endless supply of explosives! I miss the game as it was.

When they're already in a firefight the NCPD AI is inconsistent. Sometimes I intervene and they just keep fighting the gang. Other times I get a star. On 1.6 I don't remember that being an issue.

When I do the NCPD Scanner hustles though (marked with the blue icon) they don't give me a problem.

As far as the grenades and air-hypos working on cooldowns, I can understand why some people don't like it. I don't really mind the change. It just makes fights more challenging and requiring more thought because I can't just spam those items.

The main negative in my opinion is it being a pure video game mechanic with no reasonable lore justification.

Last edited:

yabab

Forum regular
Are you guys on PC or console? Because this might be a platform specific thing... I have 120h in 2.0 on PC and the NCPD doesn't bother me at all when doings gigs.

Are you guys on PC or console? Because this might be a platform specific thing... I have 120h in 2.0 on PC and the NCPD doesn't bother me at all when doings gigs.
I'm on PC. I can't recall having any issues with police AI doing actual gigs from fixers or NCPD scanner hustles but rather the spontaneous fights that break out between gangs and the police.

Intervention in those random battles will sometimes trigger a star even though I only target the gang members.

You can't complete a street level gig without NCPD shooting you for taking out some tiger claws who have civilians at gunpoint.
Maybe you clipped them or there was ricochet? I've had that happen pre and post 2.0. Most of the time I don't have that issue but once in a while it happens. Or maybe there's an issue with the platform you're on as some others suggested?

When they're already in a firefight the NCPD AI is inconsistent. Sometimes I intervene and they just keep fighting the gang. Other times I get a star. On 1.6 I don't remember that being an issue.
Oh I definately had that issue pre 2.0. Unless the cops were about to get wiped, I just learned not to get involved.

And what's the deal with only having access to 2 air hypos and grenades at a time? Especially when your enemies all seem to have an endless supply of explosives!
so far I haven't seen the enemies throw out 'nades any more quickly that we can. Their supply seems to be just as endless as ours. Of course there's more of them so that can make it feel "endless". I'm not entirely certain their supply is actually endless like ours is though. I've had a couple instances where I waited out their bombardment and it seemed like they were legitimately out. Either that or their throwing arm got tired.

Check into the skill trees, Tech I think, there are some skills you can buy to increase your hypos/nades to 3 and increase the regeneration time.

Top Bottom