UPDATE TO PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

+

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED

As we kick off the pre-orders for Phantom Liberty, we want to update our current system requirements to ensure that players have a better understanding of what will be needed to run Cyberpunk 2077, and make it easy to assess the expected performance. These changes will take effect following the next update to the base game, no earlier than 90 days, and also apply to Phantom Liberty.

The new system requirements are designed to be more up to date, adding support to new GPUs not available at launch, and targeting a resolution output of either 1080p or 4K for specific in-game presets.

The changes to the minimum requirements are a reflection of our new standard of requirements, which we believe better represent the minimum PC configuration required to run the game at 1080p, while maintaining an average of 30 FPS at low preset. The reason for making these changes is that updating the requirements is an important part of the game improvement process, and of enhancing and adding new features.

One of the changes is the choice to stop supporting HDDs for the minimum requirements – SSDs offer faster loading times, improved streaming, and better overall performance when compared to HDDs.

It's important to highlight that it doesn't mean the game will stop working on the previous minimum requirements. However, following the next update to the base game we will discontinue active support for them and stop testing the game on those setups.

Note that the presented FPS data is based on internal testing. Performance may vary depending on your particular PC hardware and software configuration, any changes made to individual graphics settings or resolution output. Check out the updated system requirements below.
Alt Text:
A table of the system requirements to play Cyberpunk 2077 with and without ray tracing enabled.

Non ray tracing requirements:

Minimum: In-game graphics preset low. Resolution: 1080p. Expected FPS: 30. OS: 64-bit Windows 10. Processor: Core i7-6700 or Ryzen 5 1600. Graphics card: Geforce GTX 1060 6GB or Radeon RX 580 8GB or Arc A380. Vram: 6 GB. Ram: 12GB. Storage: 70 GB SSD.

Recommended: In-game graphics preset: high. Resolution: 1080p. Expected FPS: 60. OS 64-bit Windows 10. Processor: Core i7-12700 or Ryzen 7 7800X3D. Graphics card: Geforce RTX 2060 Super or Radeon RX 5700 XT or Arc A770. Vram: 8 GB. Ram: 16 GB. Storage: 70 GB SSD.

Ultra: In-game graphics preset: ultra. Resolution: 2160p. Expected FPS: 60. OS: 64-bit Windows 10. Processor: Core i9-12900 or Ryzen 9 7900X. Graphics card: Geforce RTX 3080 or Radeon RX 7900 XTX. Vram: 12 GB. Ram: 20 GB. Storage: 70 GB NVME.

Ray tracing requirements:

Ray tracing minimum: In-game graphics preset: ray tracing low. Resolution: 1080p. Expected FPS: 30. OS: 64-bit Windows 10. Processor: Core i7-9700 or Ryzen 5 5600. Graphics card: Geforce RTX 2060 or Radeon RX 6800 XT or Arc A750. Vram: 8 GB. Ram: 16 GB. Storage: 70 GB SSD.

Ray tracing recommended: In-game graphics preset: ray tracing ultra. Resolution: 1080p. Expected FPS: 60. OS: 64-bit Windows 10. Processor: Core i9-12900 or Ryzen 9 7900X. Graphics card: Geforce RTX 3080Ti or Radeon RX 7900 XTX. Vram: 12 GB. Ram: 20 GB. Storage: 70 GB NVME.

Ray tracing Overdrive: In-game graphics preset: ray tracing overdrive. Resolution: 2160p. Expected FPS: 60. OS: 64-bit Windows 10. Processor: Core i9-12900 or Ryzen 9 7900X. Graphics card: Geforce RTX 4080. Vram: 16 GB. Ram: 24 GB. Storage: 70 GB NVME.

Additional information:

Ray tracing Overdrive was measured with DLSS Frame Generation switched on.

PC Audio Solution containing Dolby Atmos required for a Dolby Atmos experience.

Last edited:
No less than 90 days? That is basically right before the expansion will be out. Shame, I was hoping i would have gotten something in between.

Hello! I would like to ask if it is possible to maintain (an average or above) 60FPS with InGame Graphics set at Ultra, 2160p and RayTracing at Low (maybe Medium?) with the following Specifications please:
  • 64-bit Windows 10
  • Intel Core i5-8400 @2.8GHz
  • GeForce RTX 3080
  • 10GB Vram
  • 16GB Ram
  • 70GB SSD
As am genuinely wondering. Also thanks in advance to anyone that provides me with an answer! ^-^

Hello! I would like to ask if it is possible to maintain (an average or above) 60FPS with InGame Graphics set at Ultra, 2160p and RayTracing at Low (maybe Medium?) with the following Specifications please:
  • 64-bit Windows 10
  • Intel Core i5-8400 @2.8GHz
  • GeForce RTX 3080
  • 10GB Vram
  • 16GB Ram
  • 70GB SSD
As am genuinely wondering. Also thanks in advance to anyone that provides me with an answer! ^-^
4k ultra and ray tracing its not happening on your PC rig your CPU is too slow and your 3080 will run out of 10GB vram you will also run out of system ram 16GB is not the norm anymore 32GB is the norm and when that happens you will lose a ton of performance if you wanna keep your 3080 for now to save up money to upgrade if you wanna game at 4K get ready to upgrade your entire PC for now upgrade your motherboard to Z790 Asus Apex LGA 1700 Socket and in a few months there will be a raptor lake refresh of the I9 13900KS you can grab I9 14900K and upgrade your ram to 32GB DDR5 to at least 6400MT/s (MHZ) but i recommend 7800MT/s than save up money for the RTX 4080 or better RTX 4090 and get them on a good deal discount get a 1200W Power supply get a good Liquid cooler i recommend artic 420mm for now with your PC you will be fine at 1440p DLSS quality or DLSS balance with normal ultra ray tracing at 1440p if you wanna play path tracing RT overdrive you can run at 1440p DLSS performance but your system is gonna be crushed if you want 4K and Path tracing overdrive you will need to upgrade your rig even if you dont want ray tracing overdrive that CPU and ram needs to be upgraded and than 8GB 10GB vram on GPU is not enough memory to game in next gen games its not just Cyberpunk unreal engine 5 games are coming so when you can save money get the GPU upgraded too make sure you get not less than 16GB vram with RTX 4080 if you wanna game at 4K now and in the future at 1440p best for 4K is the RTX 4090

I don't really mind the new requirements, I meet them for RT Ultra, which is fine as far as I'm concerned.

I'm only wondering how this will affect those with the base game only?

If these new system specs are limited to those who own PL, fine, but I can't imagine it will go over well if people who were fine with the base game are suddenly told their systems, which were fine just a minute ago, are now not supported and essentially told to upgrade to enjoy the game they purchased almost 3 years before PL came out.

I'm also worried about next-gen consoles to be honest. The boost in requirement is somewhat significant.

EDIT: neverming, it's in the post. So base game affected also. This is not gonna go over well.

I don't really mind the new requirements, I meet them for RT Ultra, which is fine as far as I'm concerned.

I'm only wondering how this will affect those with the base game only?

If these new system specs are limited to those who own PL, fine, but I can't imagine it will go over well if people who were fine with the base game are suddenly told their systems, which were fine just a minute ago, are now not supported and essentially told to upgrade to enjoy the game they purchased almost 3 years before PL came out.

I'm also worried about next-gen consoles to be honest. The boost in requirement is somewhat significant.
I have kinda hade a feeling something like this was coming for some time so im not that suprised but at the same time i agree with you that it would suck if i could not play the game i bought due to increased specs needed. Im just speculating here but the systems that PL adds will probably be in the base game too to some extent. The increase in specs is due too higher cpu/memory req for it too run smooth just like what happend with the egg.

Cpu is probably the biggest lift in these requirements since more systems puts more stress on it. Gfx vise you can allways just turn down settings but with built in basic systems your kinda stuck with it... Seems alot of systems has been overhauled too much more complexity so the increased cpu isent that odd tbh. im hoping for some options too disable some systems (npcs high/low for example) but im also guessing some wont be able too be disabled that easily atleast.

It says base game patch so 1.7 will probably have these requirements but like said too it might run on lower specs, dont count on smooth gameplay tho.

I also have an i5 10500H, a 4GB GTX 1650, 16GB ram, NVME SSD and I run the game at around ~45FPS average everything on medium at 2715 X 1527 Resolution. I just bought the game because it wouldn't lagg with my system since the improvements post launch. I will be very upset with CDPR if they make my system now null and void to play the game I just bought and play near flawlessly with my setup.

If they are blocking people out of the expansion with new system requirements this just seems like a bad idea, leaving a portion of their player base that will be told to "not buy" the expansion... sounds like a poor business decision.

Hopefully, for those that don't want to suffer the new requirements, CDPR will have the foresight to update Steam with 'beta' version of the most recent update before the one hosting these sweeping changes takes effect. They did that with TW3 so people could back out to the last pre-NGE update. I don't mention Gog because that one allows users to pick their patch already.

They'll need to be sure this is communicated clearly for everyone, because it wasn't with TW3 NGE so a lot of people thought they were doomed and could never play with mod-x that will never be updated, etc.

I have kinda hade a feeling something like this was coming for some time so im not that suprised but at the same time i agree with you that it would suck if i could not play the game i bought due to increased specs needed. Im just speculating here but the systems that PL adds will probably be in the base game too to some extent. The increase in specs is due too higher cpu/memory req for it too run smooth just like what happend with the egg.

Cpu is probably the biggest lift in these requirements since more systems puts more stress on it. Gfx vise you can allways just turn down settings but with built in basic systems your kinda stuck with it... Seems alot of systems has been overhauled too much more complexity so the increased cpu isent that odd tbh. im hoping for some options too disable some systems (npcs high/low for example) but im also guessing some wont be able too be disabled that easily atleast.

It says base game patch so 1.7 will probably have these requirements but like said too it might run on lower specs, dont count on smooth gameplay tho.

I'm assuming you wrote this before my edit. It's clear from the OP that it will be in the base game.

I'm aware of everything you've just said and, as I've said, I won't actually be impacted by those changes much if at all. I'm not questioning why it's happening. I'm just worried about how badly it will be received. There are a lot of people who are suddenly not going to meet the requirements they previously met.

I have the PC to meet all of these requirements and such.

But is this going to be the highest requirement game on the market when it comes out?

i7-12700 recommended wtf?! I currently have a i5-11400F paired with Radeon 6600 (which sits slightly below 5700 XT) and CPU usage is about 50% ... I do hope the CPU requirements are a bit exaggerated.

I'm assuming you wrote this before my edit. It's clear from the OP that it will be in the base game.

I'm aware of everything you've just said and, as I've said, I won't actually be impacted by those changes much if at all. I'm not questioning why it's happening. I'm just worried about how badly it will be received. There are a lot of people who are suddenly not going to meet the requirements they previously met.
Yea for once i was fast it seems ^^ Yea i share your concern, sadly this is the cost of more complexity and the "tech frontier".

Top Bottom