UPDATE TO PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

+
while i know some people are focusing on the gpu issues with the requirements here, dont forget about the cpu requirements, my goodness 7900x ?? 12700/12900 intel wtf xd

while i know some people are focusing on the gpu issues with the requirements here, dont forget about the cpu requirements, my goodness 7900x ?? 12700/12900 intel wtf xd
Well, I detailed a bit why that may be so. If you visit the list of changes thread and this post by Tvaroog along with the articles steadily trickling out, you'll see why. I'm not saying people should be happy necessarily, though it's what people have been clamoring for, but this all is painting a clear picture where these requirements start to make sense.

Damn, what internal resolution are consoles going to render this at?

Seems you were right. But that means that the 70GB storage requirement for Phantom Liberty on both GOG and Steam are incorrect. On Steam there're no requirements stated anywhere on the bundle Cyberpunk 2077+Phantom Liberty. Thought that was odd.
Yep, both are incorrect (at least display the base game size).
But even on Xbox, the size could change until release or is simply not accurate too :)
On a side note, fun fact; those that buy the bundle on Steam, virtually get the expansion totally for free, compared with the day 1 buyers.
Yes, good deal if you ask me :giggle:

That's also my understanding and does confirm everything I said before.

Definitely not gonna go over well.
yeah i was also confused, so hes pretty much saying that all these requirements are not using DLSS enabled by the time they were testing this? and not only that ut also using upscaling res? or the upscaling means using dlss ? man im confused.
either way what a mess, you cay say they are updating the visuals and adding more animations and etc that will eat more resources but tbh i dont think that should make the game more demandind to the point of requiring pretty much middle to high end system to enjoy the game even at 2k lol what the hell.

yeah i was also confused, so hes pretty much saying that all these requirements are not using DLSS enabled by the time they were testing this? and not only that ut also using upscaling res? or the upscaling means using dlss ? man im confused.
either way what a mess, you cay say they are updating the visuals and adding more animations and etc that will eat more resources but tbh i dont think that should make the game more demandind to the point of requiring pretty much middle to high end system to enjoy the game even at 2k lol what the hell.
High end system just to play 1080p lololol

t it would suck if i could not play the game i bought due to increased specs needed.

This happen to me playing FIRE WATCH. Steam updated the game while I was halfway done with it. It then would not play on the specs I PURCHASED the game for. And naturally I cannot get a refund. I hate what the internet has done to my PC gamming.

I was just looking at the recommended CPU requirements for Starfield and they are definitely lower. However - I believe Bethesda has noted repeatedly that one of the reasons they stick to the Creation Engine is because it excels at running a lot of systems in the background and stuff like that.

I imagine one of the issues may be RED Engine at its core and them wanting to deliver what fans want/have been asking for. I know I was a bit blown away by the changes they have listed so far because I certainly wasn't expecting most of that. I imagine there are tons of updates to AI systems and things running in the background to make that happen.

Which is to say... this is going to be a completely different game than what they delivered in 2020. Their execs have even said in calls that they think sales for the game will pick up in the future as people continue to improve hardware and stuff. I imagine there are going to be a lot of people playing Phantom Liberty for the first time a few years from now... because it is still going to look better than a lot of games at that time and when people upgrade - they will go back to give it a try.
The CPU requirements for the expansion are higher than Starfield. This family of Bethesda games (TES, FO 3/4, Starfield) aren't particularly CPU intensive. Actually, I was disappointed when I saw the Starfield CPU requirements, because I interpret that to mean that, beneath the shiny exterior, this is still basically an iteration of FO4 / Skyrim. The CPU requirements for Life by You, which is similarly simulation-heavy to CP2077, are almost identical to the specs for the expansion.

The GPU requirements for the 1080p, 30 FPS low ray tracing specs for the CP2077 expansion are pretty much identical to that of Starfield. I suspect that those specific requirements for Starfield are at 30 FPS, which is what the console version is locked to.

So, the listed requirements for the CP2077 expansion seem in line with contemporaneous releases.

I understand that this doesn't help people who are thinking that in a couple of months, they may not be able to play the base game as they're currently playing it on their systems. I hope that issue gets sorted out. But specifically for the expansion, I don't have an issue with the specs.

The CPU requirements for the expansion are higher than Starfield. This family of Bethesda games (TES, FO 3/4, Starfield) aren't particularly CPU intensive. Actually, I was disappointed when I saw the Starfield CPU requirements, because I interpret that to mean that, beneath the shiny exterior, this is still basically an iteration of FO4 / Skyrim. The CPU requirements for Life by You, which is similarly simulation-heavy to CP2077, are almost identical to the specs for the expansion.

The GPU requirements for the 1080p, 30 FPS low ray tracing specs for the CP2077 expansion are pretty much identical to that of Starfield. I suspect that those specific requirements for Starfield are at 30 FPS, which is what the console version is locked to.

So, the listed requirements for the CP2077 expansion seem in line with contemporaneous releases.

I understand that this doesn't help people who are thinking that in a couple of months, they may not be able to play the base game as they're currently playing it on their systems. I hope that issue gets sorted out. But specifically for the expansion, I don't have an issue with the specs.

well when you see those requirements people freak out, its literally high end stuff in most cases here.

well when you see those requirements people freak out, its literally high end stuff in most cases here.
Well its natural, since most of the people playing cyberpunk play them on the old rigs that the game was developed for them back in 2020 lolol. I had a high end rig for the time, and I even upgraded it, but it seems that my CPU doesn't make the cut. A 9900k.

Notice that all other games including cyberpunk are all maxed out and my CPU doesn't break 60% utalization.

Well its natural, since most of the people playing cyberpunk play them on the old rigs that the game was developed for them back in 2020 lolol. I had a high end rig for the time, and I even upgraded it, but it seems that my CPU doesn't make the cut. A 9900k.

Notice that all other games including cyberpunk are all maxed out and my CPU doesn't break 60% utalization.
yeah but one thing is to have something middle or highend from the 2015 time to say something, even 2018/19 but something from 2020? and now ? i wouldnt dare to call ryzen 5000 outdated.

yeah but one thing is to have something middle or highend from the 2015 time to say something, even 2018/19 but something from 2020? and now ? i wouldnt dare to call ryzen 5000 outdated.
Even a 9900k is still good for cyberpunk, I play newer titles and it works like charm,
this guy says all correctly. Those CPUs for 1080p with FSR and Dlss(12700 AND 12900) are overkill. Even If CDPR does created somethig that revolutionery in the game, then a 12900k or 12700k would have been reasonble for Rt overdrive, but not for the base game and RT lolol. Those CPUS are no joke, the 9900k, 10900k and 11900k should breeze those settings with ease.

Even a 9900k is still good for cyberpunk, I play newer titles and it works like charm,
this guy says all correctly. Those CPUs for 1080p with FSR and Dlss(12700 AND 12900) are overkill. Even If CDPR does created somethig that revolutionery in the game, then a 12900k or 12700k would have been reasonble for Rt overdrive, but not for the base game and RT lolol. Those CPUS are no joke, the 9900k, 10900k and 11900k should breeze those settings with ease.

Daniel is great, and I recommend people bookmark his channel for further updates about this further down the line, BUT it's worth noting that he's saying those specs are overkill in terms of CURRENT Cyberpunk, not the upcoming update. He wasn't fully aware of just how much stuff is being overhauled for the update when he made that video, but he will be soon.

At the moment, the 3080 12gb does not even get 60fps in 4k/ultra...

What is up with those specs?
Post automatically merged:

Daniel is great, and I recommend people bookmark his channel for further updates about this further down the line, BUT it's worth noting that he's saying those specs are overkill in terms of CURRENT Cyberpunk, not the upcoming update. He wasn't fully aware of just how much stuff is being overhauled for the update when he made that video, but he will be soon.

He also shows that the 3080 12gb, at the moment, can not deliver 60fps at Ultra/4k.

Just weird.

Also, is it just me or I don't really see many people using RT when only gaming at 1080p. Maybe it is just me, but I would assume that those who have the rigs to support RT at 60fps game on at least 1440p screens...

Last edited:
He is, very humble, smart and friendly.

If he is wrong, he will definetly correct himself. But I still agree with him, even the newest games don't demand what PL demands.

If he is wrong, he will definetly correct himself. But I still agree with him, even the newest games don't demand what PL demands.
no game as in right now can justify the demands cdprojekt is requesting for this game.
even with what they want to implement.

The newest games may not have on offer what it does though. Just saying game new/game old doesn't get at the details.

no game as in right now can justify the demands cdprojekt is requesting for this game.
even with what they want to implement.
Please list what they intend to implement. The details from just the past two days have grown drastically, and continue to do so.

If he ain't wrong, something is...

On 6800xt, going from:

-RT Low, 1440p = 70fps
To
-RT Low, 1080p = less than 60 (30fps stable)

That is just not making any sense. Let alone the CPU demands.

The newest games may not have on offer what it does though. Just saying game new/game old doesn't get at the details.

Please list what they intend to implement. The details from just the past two days have grown drastically, and continue to do so.

That is still a reach in my opinion, don't you think? They may be adding stuff, but those CPU recommendations are absurd (again, just IMO).

Even GPU... To go from 70fps, RT Low, 1440p on a 6800xt to targeting 30 at 1080p.

Or they are really protecting themselves with way higher recommendations.

I am playing high settings 4k, dlss balanced on 2080 super getting consistently above 60fps. The card they require for 4k/60fps now is a 3080 12gb, which is fine for native, but the twist is...

The 3080 12gb currently does not even do 4k/60fps.

Either RT became astronomically heavier, while non-RT 4k demands got lower, it does not sound right to me.

Last edited:
If he ain't wrong, something is...

On 6800xt, going from:

-RT Low, 1440p = 70fps
To
-RT Low, 1080p = less than 60 (30fps stable)

That is just not making any sense. Let alone the CPU demands.

That is still a reach in my opinion, don't you think? They may be adding stuff, but those CPU recommendations are absurd (again, just IMO).

Even GPU... To go from 70fps, RT Low, 1440p on a 6800xt to less than 60 at 1080p.

Or they are really protecting themselves with way higher recommendations.
It's seemingly absurd on the GPU given we have nearly no details on changes for that - though I can hypothesize various improvements to the rendering pipeline based on the images we've seen. I know the cloud and atmosphere has been overhauled so that's a strain even if it's minuscule.

As for the CPU - that may be the way it is from the descriptions of how deep the ai and notoriety system are and they still have not detailed them in their entirety. It's not just police, it's not just gangs, it's not just the militia in dogtown; it's all of them with distinct archetypes and progression. And there are also going to be high level mercs that hunt you down for any number of reasons when you piss off enough people it seems. For that to work they've had to rework driving, driving ai, and physics among other things. And these systems have regional constraints. That's not mentioning changes to pedestrian and driving ai for civilians and Trauma Team.

Another thing, though small, are the appearance now of body physics(namely breasts). All the female body types have bones for this system already, but it's turned off in the current game - CPU hit. I'm not sure what the specific impact is as I haven't measured it, but I know the mod that enables this across all females can produce a hit for lower end CPUs. Yes - it's more convincing than any other title at the moment. It's briefly noticeable in the preview showing the character screen, but it's there when it wasn't before.

That they're apparently going to enable this kind of irks me because I had gone through nearly every model enabling/disabling the feature based on clothing, breasts size, faction, etc for my immersion mod I wanted to release soon.... oh well.

Again; These could just be high barriers to set expectations and your impact may not be that significant. All this is not happening immediately, I'm sure they will continue detailing what's coming down the line before it hits, and users on PC will certainly have a beta branch in Steam to remain on the current version of the game along with the available selection of version that Gog offers. As for Epic Store Front - well, almost the entire gaming community tried to warn people of this poison apple so... Dunno where this leaves console players.

Top Bottom