Update your drivers!

+

Guest 3574638

I don't know if anyone else had my problem, but I had random crashes every few minutes. I found a fix that worked for me if anyone is looking.

Even if your GPU has ray tracing capabilities disable ray tracing. That fixed my random gpu crashes.
Fixed it for me to thanks

I had the ugly tree bug: i could see trees everywhere, in buildings, etc.
Installing the newest nvidia driver for my 1080ti (without experience) solved the problem.

Just updated, but from day one I only had NPCs vanishing during combat and leaning against air. I always ensure my chipset and drivers for my MB is fully updated every month so my ecosystem is stable for all drivers. Everything else was playing like a dream, but damn I hate the controls. I mainly have QOL issues, and many complaining will not do what I do to keep my environment pristine. I am running all AMD build with AMD Fidelity options at 2k resolution.

The main QOL fix needed is controls, I do not use WSAD, and the interact key is not even changeable.

Next QOL change, Clothes don't mean a thing as advertised, so I would recommend an apply collected skins to your most powerful clothes AC Odyssey had that option, which is a simply QOL fix and let them buff your street cred.

Cars seem like they were not thought about at all until late and only work with a mission system in the game, in terms of collection, I see why customization was not an option. I think the limitation was the engine, so this may take a while. However, just let visiting fixers and buying them like items be a thing. Since you can't customize put them on a timer to get new models and able to sell or upgrade old models.

The interface for weapons needs to have the names with the rarity color at first glance. All in all, the game is fun as hell, it just needs to be more intuitive and I hope this driver by GPU companies fix the visual items. CDPR however will need to sort out the QOL items. Kudos on a fun game.

I check for and install any new NVidia Drivers before every play .. I am still hard-crashing, sometimes every 5 minutes or so.
Occasionally I'll get a break and it will not crash for about 15 minutes.
GeForce RTX 2060
AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon
32 Gb RAM

I do have RTX on .. haven't yet tried with turning it off because, well, that would be a bummer.
Love the game, the World Building is intriguing enough I'll deal with crash-repeating Mission sequences 10 times if I need to..
but yeah .. stability would make a world of difference <3

Hi Choombas!

Nvidia and AMD have just released their new drivers updates. For the best experience with Cyberpunk 2077, make sure to download and install them before jumping into the game!
So far only the Nvidia drivers on the install disk work with my older 1060 card.

I have updated my drivers, the fact of the matter the game isn't optimised. My specs are good enough for 2077, I have to play on low just to have a decent experience.
Just saying, updated drivers aren't the true issue at hand. GeForce Experience can't optimise the game which is telling.
True - much optimization is still to come. But you say "My specs are good enough for 2077, I have to play on low just to have a decent experience." - Well clearly not. Or clearly so? You can run it cant you? Then you must be within Spec. Just cos you can only run it on low means you must be within low Spec OR your settings are entirely wrong = you have them set too high in relation to your hardware. I have an NVME SSD, GTX1080, i5 8400 & 16GB and runs fine. I would gather I am medium Spec, hence my settings are on medium.

"GeForce Experience can't optimise the game which is telling." - Yer, but only telling of you! Gefore Experience should NEVER be used to optimize a game! It cant optimize anything! If you own a PC and expect to game, then you gotta get your hands dirty and learn settings. :giveup:

I'll try installing these Nvidia drivers through the Geforce experience but I doubt they'll work. on my older 1060 gigabyte card.
Post automatically merged:

Hi Choombas!

Nvidia and AMD have just released their new drivers updates. For the best experience with Cyberpunk 2077, make sure to download and install them before jumping into the game!
GeForce.jpg

GeForce.jpg

Updating drivers not possible for my gigabyte 1060 card. see?

Last edited:
Cant do new post but i have bug.

Main Mission: Gimme Danger

Im stuck. It said: wait a day for Takemura to finish his reconnaissance but i already wait and sleeping.. driving.. change time to another day.. etc. what i can do? Fix it please.

From an AMD Radeon standpoint, I am running the latest drivers 20.12.1, and it does not stop me from having crashes, and yes I haven't got the latest and greatest hardware, Ryzen 7 2700X, and Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro + 32GB DDR4 memory and an ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD ,the game automatically goes to the Ultra settings, it does run smooth, i.e no screen tearing or running as bad as it probably would have on my Original Xbox One . I do hope we are going to get updates as I do have a glitch where the my character does seem to get stuck moving forwards.

Guest 4454648

Unfortunately for me the new Drivers are broken ...

Now not only I am not able to play the game without having everything in Low to get a decent avg Frame ratio on 1440p with my Gaming Trio 1080ti OCed and 8700K @ 5Ghz but on top of everything else the new drivers also brought the Cyberpunk Glitches with them ... making my monitor start randomly flickering which forced me to rollback my drivers to the previous version (the monitor is a PG279Q).

Hopefully either the game will be finally "released" until April 21 optimised and bugs/glitches free or I will eventually get a 3080 to be able to play it as it is supposed to be played :D

Until then ... the 460.79 only made things worse for me :S

@scresho
so you were saying about the drivers? hahahaha! no in your face :d

@edropian
a couple of things you can try first.

1. Use DDU and install the 452.06 driver
2. DX12 pushes the GPU in different ways then what DX11 can. Mening, a ones stable OC might not be so stable after all. Try a less heavy OC.
3. These settings are stable for me, try them https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...nd-gtx-1080-1080p-playable-settings.11043014/

Also, a optimized game is measured on how much FPS fluctuations it has. Not at what settings you can run the game at. So if you like driving around a do a 180 and the FPS drops from 60-50 or so, then it's badly optimized =) and this due happen haha, if you run any higher than 1080 with the GTX 1080 :D

Ok, what about for the people playing on console having problems?
I can't even play the game anymore because every time I get inside the condo in "The Hiest" jackie disappears and it won't progress past me getting the chip. And apparently the only way around it is to uninstall and reinstall the game.

CDPR released a game stating it was working great and that there were no issues like this. The last month of delay (according to the devs) was supposed to be for POLISHING, NOT because they still had game-breaking glitches plaguing it.
Haven't even seen a response from the Devs to address these issues, let alone anything to suggest they're actually working on them.

I had hope that they would be able to actually make a good game. I even praised CDPR on all the delays they did because they didn't want to release a piece of crap. They don't want to be another Bethesda or EA, just feeding you crap because it makes them money. They wanted to change the gaming industry and show that there are still people out there that strive to make a quality product. I thought they might succeed with all the good shit I've been hearing about the game prior to release.
And yet here we are... Being lied to by yet another game company throughout the release just to be sold the exact opposite.

I loved what little of the game I got to play, it was great loading it up(for about the first hour til it crashed). But since then it's been an unplayable mess in it's current condition.

That being said, I'm not mad at CDPR, just disappointed...

I have to agree on some things, sadly. Due, Cyberpunk looks amazing sometimes. But there are as you say lots of other problems. Very strange indeed about the bugs you experience, i had none of that. What i've notice is stuff like

* The people walking around can walk straight thru you and don't walk natural
* Traffic stops very often even when its greenlight and nothing in front etc.
* PPL and cars can spawn right in front of you, almost gave me a heart attack ones :)

I also feel that they should have delayed it even further until it was really done. The recommended settings is not accurate at all for example so they could not have really tried it, just guess work.

But the game is good so far, looks great (with the right settings) due, I can't remember the witcher 3 had lame as images as props. I'm thinking of the scrapyard where flat image are used as scrap etc, looks real bad. Then again, I think that CP is waaay more advanced than TW3 and somethings are totally new for the devs. But as I've experience with TW3 they do fix the bugs, they work super hard. So I will just progress slowly and wait for updates.

I'm stuck in the same boat. The game won't launch no matter what I do, even after following all the recommended steps, and my system is above the RT recommended specs. :(

~Ions

Make sure Windows is updated. And I would recommend using if NVIDIA 452.06 for GTX 1080 and below. Sure you might get the three texture bug, its kinda rare and goes away.

Try creating a new Windows account and run the game.
I personally use MSI Afterburner but not the latest version, that one crashed some games for me. So try start the game without any OSD, OC app, etc.

Verify the gamefiles if you haven't already. Is it installed on a SSD or HDD?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant do new post but i have bug.

Main Mission: Gimme Danger

Im stuck. It said: wait a day for Takemura to finish his reconnaissance but i already wait and sleeping.. driving.. change time to another day.. etc. what i can do? Fix it please.
I have exactly the same issue and found no way to resolve it at all...

Guest 4454648

I have exactly the same issue and found no way to resolve it at all...

I haven't got that far yet. But what I did when the "action music" got stuck on a loop when fighting a Samurai and decided to deal with him later. I did a quick save and reloaded the game. That solver it.

My Nvidia drivers are from November! Of 2019. And the game seems to run ok and look very good. Of course it'll probably run faster with new drivers.

Got flatlined randomly after this update...before that I was playing all 5 hours without any flatlined at all. Tell me why~~~[/QUOTE]

Still getting the foliage/tree bug. Tried messing around with the graphics settings: result is the same on lowest and highest.

I'm running using a Nvidia Quadro P5000, in 1080, because I prefer the additional FPS over 4k.
Additionally, in order to even get the game to run full-screen in 1080, I have to change my desktop res to 1080 from 4k, because otherwise it will not run fullscreen from just setting it in game.

Latest driver: 455 from 10/29/20.

foliage2.jpg

The game is basically unplayable for me in this state. I can overlook some clipping textures and various AI and animation bugs, but if I have to deal with this, no thank you.

Some sort of timeline on when these major issues would be addressed would be appreciated.

UPDATE:

Nvidia released a new driver today for my card that fixed the problem. I guess because it is a less-common card they didn't release the new driver along with the others.

Attachments

• foliage.jpg
    foliage.jpg
    984.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Top Bottom