- Imports, cooks and packs mod assets and encodes w3strings at the press of a single button.
- Unpacks, uncooks and exports all game assets and decodes w3strings using a step-by-step process.
- Seamless integrated environment between text editors, wcc_lite, w3strings, ScriptStudio and Witcher 3.
- Automatically launches scriptstudio.exe / witcher3.exe and 'reloads' scripts after transfer complete.
- Improves ScriptStudio by not requiring mods to be 'installed', breakpoints still work after 'reload'.
- Fixes a ScriptStudio (redscm.dll) crash error and wcc_lite.exe ACL folder permissions issue.
- Generates incremental, date-time-stamped backups and release.zip archives using WinRAR.
- Scripts have the potential to break in mysterious ways when used incorrectly, due to parsing issues.
- Double-check all path variables and strings, removing any invalid characters and "quotation" marks.
- Files and folders removed by the script are prefixed with '.\name' (current folder) as an extra precaution.
- Do not modify the script without a full understanding of syntax and how strings/commands are parsed.
- Do not run scripts from untrusted sources, including myself, unless you know exactly what you are doing.
- 50-100 GB free space to uncook game assets, if necessary.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Hearts of Stone / Blood and Wine.
- ModKit: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3173
- w3strings: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1055
- WinRAR: https://www.win-rar.com (optional, backup/release purposes)
- Download and install ModKit (Witcher 3 Modding Tools) and WinRAR (optional).
- Download and rename modcopy.txt to modcopy.cmd (not .bat); attached.
- Create a folder named 'modcopy' and place the modcopy.cmd file there.
- Manually backup your mod or 'The Witcher 3\mods\modname' folder.
- Edit the modcopy.cmd file and update the 'modname' and 'idspace' variables.
- Update the 'witcher3, modkit, winrar' variables and autostart parameters.
@SET modname=mod test @SET idspace=1234 @SET images=png :: ---- modname/idspace (4 digits): must be unique (w3strings) :: ---- images (format): bmp, dds, jpg, png and tga (wcc_lite) @SET witcher3=%programfiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3 @SET modkit=%programfiles(x86)%\Witcher 3 Mod Tools @SET winrar=%programfiles%\WinRAR @SET params=-displayfps -net -debugscripts -forcescriptcompilation
- Copy w3strings.exe only (without documentation) to the 'modcopy\~w3strings' folder.
- Optionally, create additional application shortcuts in the 'modcopy' folder.
- Place your mod files in the appropriate 'modcopy\mods\modname' folders.
- Maintain the same folder structure as in the original files, due to local depot.
- Start modcopy.cmd and select one of the following options:
- [S]CRIPTS : transfer config+scripts+w3strings to witcher 3\mods (autostart) - PA[C]K : import/cook/pack mod asset files and metadata to witcher 3\mods - [R]ELEASE : compress files for backup/release (reset +a attrib, recreate mod) - [T]OOLS : export config+scripts+decode w3strings+uncook assets (UAC prompt) - E[X]IT : exit modcopy.
- You _must_ delete 'The Witcher 3\mods\modname' or [R]ELEASE at least once to reset +a attributes.
- You _must_ run [T]OOLS at least once to fix a ScriptStudio crash bug (step #4) or rename redscm.dll.
- Modcopy will clear and reset +a (archive) attributes to copy only those files which have been altered.
- To reset all archive attributes, select [R]ELEASE or delete 'The Witcher 3\mods\modname' folder.
- If you recently copied a file to the mods folder, without making changes, the attribute may not be set.
- Backup applications will reset all archive attributes, and incremental backups will omit those files.
- When using 'reload scripts' in ScriptStudio, it is advisable not to save any games, although I haven't experienced issues.
- Avoid using path and file names with !exclamation! marks, as this will break 'delayedexpansion' variables in .cmd scripts.
- To pause the script, press Ctrl+C or Ctrl+Break. However, this will cancel the current wcc_lite or w3strings operation.
- When reloading scripts in ScriptStudio, select Compile Mod > Action > Use Existing Scripts > Always take this action > OK.
- Updated June 12, 2020 at 00:01 EST to prevent PA[C]K, [R]ELEASE and [T]OOLS execution while witcher3.exe is running.
- Updated June 12, 2020 at 17:38 EST fixed running process checks, adds an extra check for ScriptStudio window activation.
- Updated June 12, 2020 at 21:20 EST forces script re-compilation to enable breakpoints, may be disabled under %params%.
- Updated June 13, 2020 at 04:35 EST full ScriptStudio integration, including function list/completion and local/source files.
- Updated June 13, 2020 at 21:45 EST added SendKeys information message, vbs script file name, 1000 line scroll-back buffer.
- Need some model/texture modders to test this, since I only edit Witcher 3 scripts, strings and definition files: see next post.