WARNING! "A Matter of Live & Death" will break several quests

+
WARNING! "A Matter of Live & Death" will break several quests

Spoiler-free:

A warning to other players -i had to replay a whole day due to this

Do not start the Quest "A Matter of Live & Death" questline by Triss unless you are absolutely sure you don't need Triss for anything else!

If you want to know why exactly:
Specifically, following this low-level quest will lead to Triss leaving Novigrad break all quests where Triss expert opinion is required. Specifically, it will break (at least) two quests involving compressed person statues (she cannot dispel magic if nobody is there), and if you want a the alternative path for Philippa Eilharts quest (analyzing the portal stone) that will also break. So after you got the quest, don't pursue it in any way to keep Triss in Novigrad (until at least those three mentioned questlines are done)

Last edited:
Actually

She can decompress them (much) later on in the story and you can give Phillipa's crystal to Yen also. You can probably also give the crystal to Triss later on, but I had already given it to Yen, so I'm not sure.

Having said that I'm not sure if those things change anything and I'd recommend to indeed do those quests before doing the "A Matter of Life & Death" quest.

Yes I just found out it broke the Radenia´s Most Wanted quest and I´m pissed. And now during the Now or Never quest, Triss got bugged and cant leave a house. Perfect.

Actually

She can decompress them later on in the story and you can give Phillipa's crystal to Yen.

Having said that I'm not sure if those things change anything and I'd recommend to indeed do those quests before doing the "A Matter of Life & Death" quest.

Thanks, if true thats something at least, but i at least couldn't do them for a very very long time:

I started "A Matter of Live & Death" at level 12 as suggested and i'm now at level 20 doing the main quest in Skellige and still cannot do those get those decompression quests done, nor the crystal for Philippa. And Triss seemed to leave to Kaer Morhen, so i get there at the earliest after Skellige i guess.

But i loaded an ancient savegame now. I don't want to wait till the end of Skellige (if the later time works at all & for all questlines)

Last edited:
It indeed is MUCH later.

When possible(you will know when) you can find her
[minor spoiler, but still a spoiler ;)]
in dendelion's tavern/brothel (or w/e it is)

It indeed is MUCH later.
Ok thank you for the Info! I think i'll continue play with the old savegame without touching this questline for now, i feel really bad to leave a quest unresolved and underlevel for ages... (silly, i guess)

So, Triss left for Kovir, I am in Skellige with Yen but how the hell am I supposed to give her Philippa´s Crystal when I´m always running around with her because of the main questline and I have no such dialogue option with her right now.

Top Bottom