Wasteland 2

+
On the last update they confirmed they had squashed a few thousand bugs reported from the open beta on Steam. The game is still on open Beta and will continue to be tested and improved for some time. I honestly don't have a problem with this.

I am a Kickstarter backer and have been anticipating this game literally for over a year, but I have to acknowledge that the classics were so damn good because the devs were given enough time to really flesh out the game they wanted, not the game that was passably good to sell. InXile is doing their best to really make Wasteland 2 a modern classic.

The Linux version will likely be available with the first official release, or so I hope. This doesn't bother me too much since I am not planning on playing the Beta :p

Truly a game to look forward to.

Release date officially albeit vaguely announced: the end of August :) Very excited about this, probably my most highly anticipated game of 2014.

They included some screenshots and you can see the character creation screen, very complete. They have a computer science skill, are rangers going to sit around designing algorithms and determining lower theoretical bounds for solving graph traversal problems? :p Or resource optimization with dynamic programming? Heh. Fun.

Release date officially albeit vaguely announced: the end of August :)

That's great. It means I can wait for GOG to enable Linux support and buy it there. Waiting after the release shouldn't be long supposedly. Otherwise I was contemplating buying it from HB.

Last edited:
Yeah honestly HB is the single best option *right now* for PC gaming, specifically in terms of multi OS support. with GOG.com you get it DRM-free, with Steam you get it for Linux, but with HB you get both. If inXile lets us redeem our codes with HB, I might just choose that. Unless GOG.com launches Linux support beforehand. And yes, I am a backer :)

You might like to know that the current beta features a considerable amount of new content, and apparently this constitutes around 50% of the final game! This is a much bigger, deeper and polished game than we imagined, and all they needed was extra time. This is unthinkable with the current publisher system.

@.Volsung.: Yeah, more time helps a lot, because instead of rushing to the next project they can absorb feedback from beta testing and actually improve things (and not just fix bugs).

Top Bottom