wcc_lite export fails ("CItemManager: directory 'items\' not found!")

+
wcc_lite export fails ("CItemManager: directory 'items\' not found!")

I've tried running as administrator, absolute/relative paths, quotes/no-quotes/trailing/no-trailing slash, etc. Nothing seems to work. Running Windows 10, perhaps it's not compatible with that OS.

C:\Users\Me\Documents\The Witcher 3\Witcher 3 Mod Tools\bin\x64>call wcc_lite export -depot="C:\Users\Me\Documents\The Witcher 3\uncooked" -file="characters\models\geralt\armor\armor__viper\l_01_mg__viper_d01.xbm" -out="C:\Users\Me\Google Drive\Games\Witcher 3\ModKit\Mods\Dresik\src\raw\l_01_mg__viper_d01.tga"

[2015.08.15 07:03:53][Error][Game] CItemManager: directory 'items\' not found!
[2015.08.15 07:05:32][Error][Game] Error: no speed config defined in speedConfig.xml, there is probably an error in there !
[2015.08.15 07:05:32][Error][Game] [DLC] There's no DLC directory in the depot. No DLCs will be mounted.
[2015.08.15 07:05:32][Info][WCC] Starting commandlet 'export'
[2015.08.15 07:05:32][Info][WCC] ---------------------------------------------------------------
[2015.08.15 07:05:32][Info][WCC] Attaching depot at 'C:\Users\Me\Documents\The Witcher 3\uncooked\'
[2015.08.15 07:05:32][Error][WCC] Failed to export 'characters\models\geralt\armor\armor__viper\l_01_mg__viper_d01.xbm' into format 'tga'
[2015.08.15 07:05:32][Info][WCC] ---------------------------------------------------------------
[2015.08.15 07:05:32][Info][WCC] Total errors: 0
[2015.08.15 07:05:32][Info][WCC] Total warnings: 0
[2015.08.15 07:05:32][Error][WCC] Wcc operation failed

Note: For some reason these forums inserts a space after the "tg" in "tga" in the wcc_lite command, but there is no space there in the actual ran command.

Last edited:
Hi!

I am new to cmd and to modding, and I have got the same problem as you:
View attachment 22010
Did I somthing wrong or the mod kit is wrong?

Thanks forward for your help.

Attachments

• uncookingproblem.jpg
    uncookingproblem.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 121
You have to make sure the command prompt can resolve your Paths:
For example I could not uncook the game on the first try because my paths had Spaces in their names:
-indir=C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content
-outdir=C:\GOG Games\Witcher 3 Modding\uncooked

Using " " didnt help me either. So I've used 8.3 filenames. ( 6 Characters + ~ + Number)
You can see those also when using cmd. Type in dir /x

My folders using 8.3 filenames
-indir=C:\GOGGAM~1\THEWIT~1\CONTENT
-outdir=C:\GOGGAM~1\WITCHE~1\UNCOOKED

That worked for me.

EDIT: Fixed it! Of course it is after I finally posted asking a question that the very next post I come across has the answer... According to this bug post here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...highlight=Failed+create+output+unbundled+file
the problem isn't the quotes at all. Those are just fine to use, 8.3 filenames are not necessary at all. What IS necessary is making sure the file path never goes over 260 characters (for now, since they may fix this in the future). My directory structure was a little too elaborate and when it was uncooking a file that was pretty deep on its own to my Uncook directory that was already too deep it went over this limit. Shortened my directory structure by a couple of levels and now it works well. With quotations!

My original reply:

Any ideas for if this doesn't work? I went and googled what the heck 8.3 filenames were since I've never heard of it (found out they are an old DOS naming convention that was sometimes called short names.), got the file names converted to the 8.3 standard (Found out how to use a .cmd file to automatically figure out the whole shortname of a directory without having to use dir /x in each subdirectory) and I'm still getting the same error... I found another post on this forum where someone had the same issue and a CDProjektRed member commented that his ModKit install may have been missing some important files and that he should reinstall the ModKit. I've reinstalled twice now with no better results. I've verified the integrity of my game cache on Steam to make sure the files in the input directory weren't the cause of the problem and still nothing... I'm stumped here.

Last edited:
I found a compromise solution. Import in Maya, and then export to fbx format. Then import into Max, but lost Skin. But it is possible from the original models Skin pluchit transferred to or from perensti UWs can get to the source.
PS I hope Google Translate consulted.

Top Bottom