Weekly Poll 6/23/19 - Let's Talk About Jackie

+

Jackie?

• Total voters
2, 4, 7, 10.
I do think it's quite possible that Jackie could just end up dead no matter what. To my mind, the gamplay demo and cinematic trailer feel like a sort of prologue to the main game. While a lot of stuff could change, Jackie dying does feel like it could be a very important character moment for V, something that the plot demands. Or it could just be a punishment for being too aggressive with the wrong people.
Either way I'm gonna try to stop it.

Oh, these are back. With some serious overkill in the wording of #1.

#2 and #4 were my choices. Jackie seemed like a likeable enough guy but he didn't stand out too much in that regard. Major character deaths are good choices for plot twists, especially if they don't happen every time, so I'd guess his death isn't 100% scripted. At least not during that particular mission.

1, 3

I'd place my eddies on his death being a scripted story event that plays out regardless of how players approach that mission.
I think Jackie is just a prologue companion, and after his demise V will be flying solo with commentary by Johnny Silverhand.

Frankly I didn't like him that much. If he was introduced and explained like Johny Silver was - that would make the character interesting. As for right now.. meh. Seeing demo and trailers without established connection between these two characters makes Jackie a bit annoying. If I could, I'd prefer going on misions without him or find a companion that I actualy like).

I'd place my eddies on his death being a scripted story event that plays out regardless of how players approach that mission.
I think Jackie is just a prologue companion, and after his demise V will be flying solo with commentary by Johnny Silverhand.
You bring up a good point here.

We're told Johnny has the second most dialog in the game (after the character) so he's obviously a major NPC and quasi-companion (he's virtual so all he can do is make comments, useful, snarky, or disparaging).

We're also told there are no "constant companions" ah-la "Baldurs Gate", some are available for some missions but none are tied to you at the hip.

So eliminating Jackie could be scripted. I, however, like to think it's based on your decisions.

I really like Johnny Silverhand a lot, but I wonder if they need to make Jackie's interaction with the player eventually end at some point for some reason so that Johnny Silverhand can move in and take over that guardian angel/best friend role? I also really like Jackie a lot. I don't know why but he really left a very good impression on me, and then when I saw him die in the teaser/cinematic trailer at E3, he was like "I'mmmm sorrrrryyyyy....." and he left you holding the chip in your hand. That hit me right in the guts, RIGHT in the feels so hard that I was like "NOOOOO JACKIEEEEEEEEEEEE". I wonder if that was his last job with the main character and you were eventually going to part ways with him anyway? maybe at the end of that quest, depending on how you do it, you either part ways with him and he says goodbye and goes to do his own thing but stays alive, maybe pops in every once in a while or allows you to visit him and do some more missions together (with no risk of him dying then since main threat quest was cleared), Or he dies like in the trailer and he's out of the game 100% since he died then.

I hope he can stick around if you like him as a mission buddy. :sad:
I also thought it was funny how you wake up from bed practically naked and he just abruptly jumps into your house through the camera/tv screen just to say "PUT SOME PANTS ON THAT CULO" (spanish for butt). Like WTF Jackie? you crazy bro, you funny man.:ROFLMAO:

I am mildly concerned about the whole "Silverhand will be in your head at all times" thing.

Can I shut him out? Switch him off? Tell him to go heck himself? What if I'm trying to romance a character? Is he going to chime in with his opinion every single time, at every single moment?

Not gonna lie, that's going to get really old, really fast. Might be funny the first time "Guess I'd better disappear and let you do your thing..." but eventually...

I am mildly concerned about the whole "Silverhand will be in your head at all times" thing.

Can I shut him out? Switch him off? Tell him to go heck himself? What if I'm trying to romance a character? Is he going to chime in with his opinion every single time, at every single moment?

Not gonna lie, that's going to get really old, really fast. Might be funny the first time "Guess I'd better disappear and let you do your thing..." but eventually...
I imagine I'm playing as a female and get a cyberfuta upgrade, and Johnny is like "Hey, uh... Have fun but.... Be careful where you put that thing... Trust me." :ROFLMAO:

It’s more a bromance with him and bros can share....women

It’s more a bromance with him and bros can share....women
Technically speaking, if someone has a friend that is a girl, but is not a girlfriend, that could be like a bromance, and if the friend that is female is a cyberfuta, then it's even closer, I think. Right? Imagine Jackie making jokes about CyberFuta main character, just being a joking bro and stuff. That would be cool. I don't know why, it would just be cool. :D

First post E3 poll. I think? I dunno. Sure. Yes.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yeah. Did you like him? Do you know who he is? Is he dead for good? Did you want him dead? Is it a choice? Should it be a choice? Were you moved?

I think he's dead, but that's because I have the soul of a flattened traffic cone.

Give a warning before posting that-- Jackie's dead face triggers me! :sad:

Of course I like him! I don't want Jackie dead. Brah, ever since his reveal my friend and I have talked about him a lot and I'm so attached to him now. I wanna know more about him. I was looking forward to taking him everywhere with me in the game. My #1 companion. It should definitely be a choice! I was more shocked over his death than Keanu Reeves being in the game if I'm being honest lol. That's how much I like him!

Give a warning before posting that-- Jackie's dead face triggers me! :sad:

Of course I like him! I don't want Jackie dead. Brah, ever since his reveal my friend and I have talked about him a lot and I'm so attached to him now. I wanna know more about him. I was looking forward to taking him everywhere with me in the game. My #1 companion. It should definitely be a choice! I was more shocked over his death than Keanu Reeves being in the game if I'm being honest lol. That's how much I like him!
Bruh, read my post a few ones up! You will find I agree with you very much! *respectful nod*

You have to admit thought, that it was excellently done.

His death I mean. His very very sad and sadly permanent death. So permanent. But sad!
What do you meeeaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn!????? Permanent? Permanently Optional I hope... reeeeeeee!:confused:
:sad::cry::giveup:

Dead dead deady dead dead dead deady so dead extra dead very dead.

I have no actual idea. My Masters refuse to tell me. I do keep asking though. Even if they told me, I couldn't tell you anyway. Bah.

I'd just like to accept it and move on! Not knowing is terrible!

Top Bottom